New Coaster?

Goosebrent

Original Poster
Just Back from SeaWorld today and saw a good amount of surveying going on. I know earlyer this year SW announced that it will be redeveloping it's Bus and taxi parking area however this was not where i saw the surveying going on, it was near bayside ampatheater and ports of call. Additiionally, i am almost positvie SW will be getting a new coaster soon? Any deas?

dandaman

I barely know or follow anything on Sea World, but would it make much sense to build a new coaster (Shamu Express-style nonwithstanding, I'm talking 100+ feet or some awesome themeing) around the same time as Aquatica's opening, and not "stagger out" the two new attractions? :shrug:

jorgetheviking

There has been rumors of a coaster going into Sea World to get guests into the park after Universal opens their Harry Potter land at Islands of Adventure. This is just rumors and we probably won't hear anything but rumors until late 2009 or early 2010.

crazydaveh

The talk here in Shamuland is that a B&M Flying Coaster will be coming to SeaWorld in 2009 while Busch Gardens get a Hyper similar to Apollo's Chariot.

Other coaster rumors have a B&M Inverted coaster instead of the flyer at SeaWorld. Last summer, research was also looking into a "new" type of coaster that hasn't been built. It was all talk and paper research with some visits by the high ups to see prototypes, but I have no idea what came from that.

I'd put my money on the B&M Flyer. No one has one south of Six Flags over Georgia, so it would be a good market grabber.

jorgetheviking

As far as the Flyer goes I personally think it's small compact design compared to a hyper would fit perfectly in Busch Gardens' Jungala much better than a hyper coaster would. But the talk on IOA Central and other sites I visit is a B&M Flyer for Sea World.

ImaYoyo

I hope it isn't a Flyer, those things are a total snoozefest.
While I agree, flyers don't get many repeat visits, they'd be great for 1st/2nd time riders. Tourists coming to orlando that have never been on one will certainly be intrigued. That being said, I'm right there with you. Not intense enough for my tastes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom