New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

the.dreamfinder

Our good "friend" on the other site is reporting a rumor that LUZIA will set up under the Grand Chapiteau next spring for an extended run. I usually pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, but I do hope he's right for a change as I would be thrilled if this show came to Springs. Anyone of our more trusted friends heard anything?
Well, I’m glad I didn’t buy those DC Luzia tickets.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, June 20, 2018. While we we're looking, the upper portion of the Cirque du Soleil building was painted a light gray color (used to be white), which makes the white triangular panels really stand out. The lower portion of the building is still white with geometric designs.

IMG_0515.JPG

Corgi

I saw VOLTA last week and loved it!!! I can’t believe they’re putting it into Disney World. Now it’s a must-see for our next trip!

rangerbob

If Volta is going to Disney it won't be until 4/19. As for Luzia it looks like it is headed south into Mexico. It may be coming back north after the 2 mexico shows. It lists on the schedule Houston but no dates on it.

Magic Feather

As someone that used to frequent the Florida Mall, I can not think of a single place big enough for one of Cirque’s tents in their parking lots or otherwise. Especially not without infringing in its perimeter road that goes throughout the mall parking lot. Let alone the fact that the mall struggles for parking as is. I have even heard that Cirque has (unsuccessfully) looked for Orlando Big Top lactions in the past. This is definitely a development to watch.

the.dreamfinder

As someone that used to frequent the Florida Mall, I can not think of a single place big enough for one of Cirque’s tents in their parking lots or otherwise. Especially not without infringing in its perimeter road that goes throughout the mall parking lot. Let alone the fact that the mall struggles for parking as is. I have even heard that Cirque has (unsuccessfully) looked for Orlando Big Top lactions in the past. This is definitely a development to watch.
I’d like to know why they passed over Disney Springs. They could have had the locals plus visitors to the parks.

FullSailDan

I’d like to know why they passed over Disney Springs. They could have had the locals plus visitors to the parks.

I think the springs is having its own parking challenges at the moment. Disney may not be able to offset the space needed. It appears there are two areas of the FL mall lot that may be suitable, just south of the crayola experience and south of the convention space. I'm also not sure if the area that used to be the florida speedway has been built on yet? That's pretty close and would be way more than enough space.

Cirque's tents surprisingly fit into smaller spaces than you'd think. The area they used in DC for years was really small. I'm not sure where they setup now though that the MGM got built.

the.dreamfinder

I think the springs is having its own parking challenges at the moment. Disney may not be able to offset the space needed. It appears there are two areas of the FL mall lot that may be suitable, just south of the crayola experience and south of the convention space. I'm also not sure if the area that used to be the florida speedway has been built on yet? That's pretty close and would be way more than enough space.

Cirque's tents surprisingly fit into smaller spaces than you'd think. The area they used in DC for years was really small. I'm not sure where they setup now though that the MGM got built.
The third garage should be done when they come to town, so parking capacity can’t be the main problem. They could have set up behind the Cirque theater in that parking lot.

What’s the capacity of Luzia’s GC, btw? Volta’s couldn’t have been more than 2000 when I saw it in July. I really can’t see how that, times two shows on some days, could stretch their lots beyond capacity.

Last edited:

halltd

Disney, and Florida generally, put too many trees and light poles in the parking lots for Cirque. Springs would have never worked.

I was going to suggest Artegon, but they have tons of trees. Florida Mall looks to have some outlying lots that have no trees and light poles pretty far apart.

Disney could have only hosted them in a theme park lot. And if they're really coming in March, that's kinda prime season for parking at WDW.

roj2323

Disney, and Florida generally, put too many trees and light poles in the parking lots for Cirque. Springs would have never worked.

I was going to suggest Artegon, but they have tons of trees. Florida Mall looks to have some outlying lots that have no trees and light poles pretty far apart.

Disney could have only hosted them in a theme park lot. And if they're really coming in March, that's kinda prime season for parking at WDW.

did we forget about ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom