New Character Merchandising

HauntedMansion4

Original Poster
Disney's had Princesses (Jasmine/Cinderella/Snow White/Ariel/Belle/Aurora), Villains, and Classics (Mickey/Minnie/Daisy/Donald/Pluto/Goofy/Chip/Dale), but I recently got the Fall 2003 Catalog, and there was a bunch of "Adventurer" items. It looks like Disney is creating Princess-like material, for boys. It includes Tarzan, Peter Pan, Hercules, and Aladdin, and looks like the new big thing. What do you think?

Maria

Please someone tell me...

I had never bought any plush toy from the Disney Store, mainly because there is no DS near me! In my recent trip to the US, we visited the ones in the Houston airport and in Las Vegas. I wanted to buy a Mickey because I already have a Minnie that I bought at Epcot. However, the ones I found, were different, with different clothing, and of course, there were the corduroy ones.

I didn´t want a corduroy one, but the other ones they had were all different from my Minnie. For instance, the dress was made in a different fabric and it didn´t look as pretty as the one mine has. I even thought their faces were a bit different. I ended up not buying it.
I asked the cast member there why they were different and if the merchandise was the same as in the parks and she said it was, and that that was the new design for the plush toys.

Is that true? If so, I prefer the old merchandise...

:veryconfu

Coree

Originally posted by HauntedMansion4
Disney's had Princesses (Jasmine/Cinderella/Snow White/Ariel/Belle/Aurora), Villains, and Classics (Mickey/Minnie/Daisy/Donald/Pluto/Goofy/Chip/Dale), but I recently got the Fall 2003 Catalog, and there was a bunch of "Adventurer" items. It looks like Disney is creating Princess-like material, for boys. It includes Tarzan, Peter Pan, Hercules, and Aladdin, and looks like the new big thing. What do you think?

Yes, the Adventurers line has been out for a few months and also can include Captain Hook. There are action figures, clothing, other toys, backpacks, etc.

Maria, the Disney Stores do still carry the classic plush, but also carry fashion plush like the corduroy ones you're referring to. However, they have recently redone the classic ones with different fabrics. Overall I really like the new classic characters, but you're right that they wouldn't match the older one you already have.

Maria

Re: Re: New Character Merchandising

Originally posted by Coree

Maria, the Disney Stores do still carry the classic plush, but also carry fashion plush like the corduroy ones you're referring to. However, they have recently redone the classic ones with different fabrics. Overall I really like the new classic characters, but you're right that they wouldn't match the older one you already have.

Thank you Coree. I wasn´t too happy with the new look of the classic ones... Does that mean that the parks will also get the classic ones with the "new look", or it could be possible to find the old classic ones there? :)

Coree

Unfortunately I have no idea about the park merchandising. I've seen some of the same things in the park that we carry in the stores and I've also seen it where they change it a bit for the park merchandise. In this case I don't know which way they're going. I may have to make a trip to Disney World to find out! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom