News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

celluloid

Actually what @TheMaxRebo stated is exactly what the emerging workforce is looking for in a role. In addition to better pay and more flexible work environments, they're looking for ways to express individuality and looking to work for companies with a positive impact on society (read: more inclusive.)

Well, with Disney they inched towards one of those things slightly, positive impact hit or miss and the pay and flexibility, well that is the hardest to come by with TDO.

TrainsOfDisney

Actually what @TheMaxRebo stated is exactly what the emerging workforce is looking for in a role. In addition to better pay and more flexible work environments, they're looking for ways to express individuality and looking to work for companies with a positive impact on society (read: more inclusive.)
Well Disney parks do not pay well, They are not flexible in scheduling and the company is a greedy corporate company that puts stockholders above all else.

So if painting your nails is your thing.... youā€™ve got that now!

trainplane3

Go woke, go broke. Ah, the Conservative anthem these days. Don't we still have a political forum for people to go spew that garbage?
The best part is how "woke" was an internet joke that got adapted. Actually, a lot of common terms that were jokes a few years ago are now things individuals tie themselves too.
Gotta love it.

Rules change with the times. Oh well. Don't like it, don't go. If we get happier CMs from this, all the more reasons to like the change.

Stupido

Yeh, Iā€™m sure that will work in ā€˜realā€™ jobs
Youā€™d be surprised. The head of my department BEGGED me to come to the office in drag, back when we used to go into the office. Literally for months. I met her halfway, and brought some wigs and sets of nails in so everyone could see the pretty things and try them on. Youā€™d be really surprised how much can get accomplished when you meet people half way.

TheMaxRebo

Thats not real life, you confirm and get on. Itā€™s called rules.

It is 100% real life - companies adjust all time. I work for a multi-billion dollar reinsurance company (we insure insurance companies - doesn't get much more conservative than that) and we have adjusted our policies over time, and are now engaging in an analysis called "the future of work" and one of the goals is to be able to have the largest pool of candidates to select from

disneygeek90

I do wonder what the rules of the tattoos will be. Will they allow any religious statements / images?
This is what we got so far. As long as it's not harassing another group I think they'd be ok?

"Tattoos that depict nudity, offensive or inappropriate language or images, or violate Company policies (including policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or any other protected category) are not permitted."

TrainsOfDisney

This is what we got so far. As long as it's not harassing another group I think they'd be ok?

"Tattoos that depict nudity, offensive or inappropriate language or images, or violate Company policies (including policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or any other protected category) are not permitted."

It will be interesting how that is defined - does a Cross or Star of David ā€œharrassā€ others?

TrainsOfDisney

Iā€™m a lighting designer in real, non-covid life. You can always tell which crew members work in both the corporate world and the concert world. They look.. well like the Disney world techs. No piercings, tattoos, clean shaven, short hair.

The 100% concert guys... man theyā€™ll fight the very idea of wearing a polo shirt! Haha

disneygeek90

So a cross is offensive now? Good luck in court when Disney make you cover that up and sack you if you donā€™t šŸ‘ Just cover them all up then jon done, no discrimination. Who the hell is moaning that they canā€™t show their rose wrist tattoo?! No one!
Do you enjoy wearing long sleeves in the middle of summer in Florida?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom