News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

HarperRose

Does anyone know if religious head coverings are a new option or was that already allowed? I do not personally recall ever seeing a CM with a head covering until these photo examples, but I can't tell if this is new policy or not.
It was always allowed.

StarWarsGirl

Does anyone know if religious head coverings are a new option or was that already allowed? I do not personally recall ever seeing a CM with a head covering until these photo examples, but I can't tell if this is new policy or not.
I've seen CMs on stage with head coverings. I specifically recall that for a while there was a woman in a hijab who worked at Star Tours. I also remembered her because she was shorter than me and that's like seeing a unicorn honestly.

Ravenclaw78

Well, queue all the trolls screaming that the sky is falling. :rolleyes: It's 2021. Good luck finding enough under-30 service employees without tattoos, piercings, and post-1950 hairstyles to staff a theme park anymore. This is a necessary move for Disney even aside from inclusivity, and one that even the stodgiest of industries have had to make in order to attract young talent. I worked for a Big-4 bank for almost 15 years until changing industries recently, and I can tell you that there were no visible tattoos allowed in managerial or customer-facing roles when I started and there was no role in which inoffensive tattoos must still be covered when I left.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
1618343700512.png

disneygeek90

Last edited:

SMRT-1Michael

As a former CM, Disney Look is quite archaic, and written by white people for white people without regard to BIPOC Cast Members. This inclusive initiative is critical to move forward with equity and a step in the right direction, not to mention Disney Look has always been plus-size-phobic. I remember working in Guest Relations and seeing people rejected from transferring into the role because of their weight. Enough is enough.

Last edited:

Lilofan

As a former CM, Disney Look is quite archaic, and written by white people for white people. This inclusive initiative is critical to move forward with equity and a step in the right direction, no to mention Disney Look has always been plus-size-phobic. I remember working in Guest Relations and seeing people rejected from transferring into the role because of their weight. Enough is enough.
In entertainment, people lose their roles if they can't "fit" the part.

aliceismad

This is great. It's nice to see Disney in all its forms move toward inclusivity.
Small comfort to the tens of thousands of CM that have been sacked.

Just curious, I wonder how much TWDC paid this organization to partner with them to maintain their wokeness? I wonder how many CM jobs could have been saved with the money spent?
I doubt they are the same pot of money. At least the companies I've worked for compartmentalize budgets and don't move them around that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom