New castle show Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to open this summer at the Magic Kingdom

Next Big Thing

I know that they still run, but they don't run as long as they used to or as long as they do currently at DL. Same thing with the walk around characters. I always thought that if they got rid of the castle show and the dance party parade, they could put the money elsewhere and enhance the park as well as bring certain elements back to their proper states.its great to hear that they're running them at night again though.
They don't run as long partly because once noon hits, there are parades constantly down main street starting around 11, whether it be Move it, Shake it or FOF. And by the time Move it, Shake it is done running, it's around 7:30-8 and people start lining up for MSEP, then Wishes and MSEP again. And don't forget DAWM performances that clog the path. There's simply too many people.

Working in MK on Main Street, it became very evident why they don't run them too long anymore. The entertainment in the hub and along MS clogs up the roads so much that it's just not worth it. And by putting on those shows, they are spending far more than rolling out a few vehicles, so the money excuse is invalid.

djlaosc

Hopefully this will mean that we get a new version of the "Magic Kingdom Event Party Music" CD featuring Festival of Fantasy, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, A Frozen Holiday Wish, Happy Hallowishes and Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular.

However, I would guess that they would be waiting for the Wishes replacement to launch before a new CD is made (even though it would then allow them to sell 2 CDs instead of 1).

VJ

Hopefully this will mean that we get a new version of the "Magic Kingdom Event Party Music" CD featuring Festival of Fantasy, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, A Frozen Holiday Wish, Happy Hallowishes and Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular.

However, I would guess that they would be waiting for the Wishes replacement to launch before a new CD is made (even though it would then allow them to sell 2 CDs instead of 1).
At this point, I've realized new Parks CD releases are unlikely (at the very best). Disney has made it very clear they have no intention of releasing new American Parks albums that aren't under the Official Album banner.

Monorail_Red_77

I know that they still run, but they don't run as long as they used to or as long as they do currently at DL. Same thing with the walk around characters. I always thought that if they got rid of the castle show and the dance party parade, they could put the money elsewhere and enhance the park as well as bring certain elements back to their proper states.its great to hear that they're running them at night again though.

From my experience of riding the Mainstreet Vehicles. I think it is more of a crowd issue. My oldest son and I rode the fire engine from the castle to town square. It just so happened to be the last vehicle ride of the day that day. The crowds didn't seems to care that a car was driving towards them. I even rang the siren every few minutes and was surprised at the dumbfounded looks on people. Like "What are you doing interrupting me". I still had fun though. Took forever to get down Mainstreet due to crowds, but still very fun.

Disney4family

Look, I know people have issues with Frozen popularity right now, but be thankful that it's not the only Disney modern movie will be included in this new castle stage show. It other words, be happy they include PATF and Tangled.
It is nice to see them highlight characters who haven't had their chance in the spotlight (at least for PATF and Tangled), but I just hope there will be a fun, unifying storyline with great music like in DAWM. We already have sing-along shows that highlight specific movie songs. I think a show that is staged right in front of the castle at the MK of all places should have a common theme just as it did with "dreams" in the last one.

I'll miss singing along with DAWM. I apologize to anyone here who was nearby when I was joining in. I guess you know why they were on stage and I wasn't. :joyfull:

Mawg

Any villains? or is this just going to be one happy feel good party show?
I sure do like to see Mickey kicking some villain butt.

ryguy

I concur it's nice to see PATF and Tangled get incorporated into the show. Our family really liked PATF, it's one of our favorites. Surprised Disney hasn't made a character meal/restaurant based on Tiana's restaurant. Seems like a logical addition certainly at the French quarter.

Donaldfan1934

They don't run as long partly because once noon hits, there are parades constantly down main street starting around 11, whether it be Move it, Shake it or FOF. And by the time Move it, Shake it is done running, it's around 7:30-8 and people start lining up for MSEP, then Wishes and MSEP again. And don't forget DAWM performances that clog the path. There's simply too many people.

Working in MK on Main Street, it became very evident why they don't run them too long anymore. The entertainment in the hub and along MS clogs up the roads so much that it's just not worth it. And by putting on those shows, they are spending far more than rolling out a few vehicles, so the money excuse is invalid.
So, my answer to this is problem would be to end Move it, Shake it and the Castle shows all together. That's why parks like DL are able to run them more. Because they don't have all that needlessly noisy interference going on. All that you need is the day time parade and night time entertainment.

Next Big Thing

So, my answer to this is problem would be to end Move it, Shake it and the Castle shows all together. That's why parks like DL are able to run them more. Because they don't have all that needlessly noisy interference going on.
I can easily do without Move it Shake it and have long called for a theatre be built in Fantasyland - with seating and air conditioning - to move the castle shows to.

I'd personally love to see Main Street become Main Street again.

Donaldfan1934

I can easily do without Move it Shake it and have long called for a theatre be built in Fantasyland - with seating and air conditioning - to move the castle shows to.

I'd personally love to see Main Street become Main Street again.
I love the way you think. That way you could still do shows without creating interference.

Donaldfan1934

From my experience of riding the Mainstreet Vehicles. I think it is more of a crowd issue. My oldest son and I rode the fire engine from the castle to town square. It just so happened to be the last vehicle ride of the day that day. The crowds didn't seems to care that a car was driving towards them. I even rang the siren every few minutes and was surprised at the dumbfounded looks on people. Like "What are you doing interrupting me". I still had fun though. Took forever to get down Mainstreet due to crowds, but still very fun.
My response.
Well that and the shows. That's why I'm thrilled with the way the DHS redo sounds. Not only will it be a full day park, but it will bring more balance to the resort and hopefully help restore wrongfully removed elements of the kingdom. Even though it's also an often crowded park, DL has maintained many of its elements better than MK. Well, that's been the case aside from when they decided to implement Star Wars Land of course.
If they just revitalized and rebranded the parks a bit, then this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

wdrive

So, my answer to this is problem would be to end Move it, Shake it and the Castle shows all together. That's why parks like DL are able to run them more. Because they don't have all that needlessly noisy interference going on. All that you need is the day time parade and night time entertainment.

Disneyland even still manages to have it's castle shows. Although they're smaller in size and scope than DAWM, I honestly prefer them. They have the Mary Poppins and Pearly Band show and the show with the Fab 5 and Disneyland band.

They don't have music blasting all the way down Main Street, a lot more charming and intimate.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I hope they stick true to the concept art and Tiana is in that awesome flapper dress.

I'd love to see more of the princesses in other outfits aside from their frilly froofy dresses.

Donaldfan1934

Disneyland even still manages to have it's castle shows. Although they're smaller in size and scope than DAWM, I honestly prefer them. They have the Mary Poppins and Pearly Band show and the show with the Fab 5 and Disneyland band.

They don't have music blasting all the way down Main Street, a lot more charming and intimate.
Exactly. More streetmosphere style shows like the ones that you mentioned should be in the works for Florida instead of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom