New Bus System

Patsfan28

Original Poster
I was at Disney May 4-6 and Sunday morning I got to experience the new bus system for the first time. I really like the new system as it give very good information about the park you are going to. The themed music was great as well. We were on our way to Typhoon Lagoon, and the Beach Boys was playing through the bus speakers. Ok well with anything new there always has to be some bad things. First of all it doesnt seem like the bus drivers know how the new system works. For example... one couple complained to our bus driver that their bus had MGM studios on the marquee, but their bus driver was going to Downtown Disney.

darthjohnny

Very cool to hear about the new bus systems. I can't wait to see it at the end of the month. :)

I hope these new systems and music prevent the bus drivers from talking to much now. :lol:

Champion

I was at Disney May 4-6 and Sunday morning I got to experience the new bus system for the first time. I really like the new system as it give very good information about the park you are going to. The themed music was great as well. We were on our way to Typhoon Lagoon, and the Beach Boys was playing through the bus speakers. Ok well with anything new there always has to be some bad things. First of all it doesnt seem like the bus drivers know how the new system works. For example... one couple complained to our bus driver that their bus had MGM studios on the marquee, but their bus driver was going to Downtown Disney.

The driver probably forgot to change it after a route switch.

Good to hear everything else is working well.

Patsfan28

Original Poster
It really was a neat experience. Not all of the busses are up to speed with it though. Friday and Saturday i didnt experience it at all, but sure enough Sunday morning I did. The PA system is great b/c it gives park info etc... the drivers hardly do any talking now.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Thanks for the update! When they first started talking about the system, I was anxious to see how it would work. Has anyone else noticed any shorter wait times, or other improvements? I suppose it's still to early to tell much.

JWG

Sounds Great.....anything to stop the talkative bus driver.:ROFLOL:

Great, now where will I get my WDW Gossip and how will I ever be "in the know" :animwink:

There in July, can't wait to see how it works - hopefully by then kinks are worked out of the system.

Fun2BFree

Great, now where will I get my WDW Gossip and how will I ever be "in the know" :animwink:
Disney have designed the PA system to occasionally give guests unsubstaniated rumours and info on possible new parks. This will fully replicate the bus driver experience without the driver having to keep his mind off the road. :lookaroun

DisJosh

Personally I enjoy talkative bus drivers. Granted some don't have their info straight. We screwed up on EMH for DAK because of a bus driver! Some of them are pretty entertaining though.

I do look forward to the new bus configuration though. It sounds like a more immersive experience which is what I love about Disney in the first place.

I'll need to tell my mom the news, she wants to retire, move ot Florida and drive WDW buses. :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The current "new" system is only the part of the change that invovles the speils and music.

The buses otherwise operate as always. Later, they intend to switch things over to automated guest flow systems.

ToTBellHop

They could employ the Sandman to blow guests to the park in a sandstorm...they could call it the Penny Express :lookaroun

Joepic

I like the idea of the new system, I can't wait to experience it. What's wrong with talkative bus drivers? I always look forward to them.

darthjohnny

I like the idea of the new system, I can't wait to experience it. What's wrong with talkative bus drivers? I always look forward to them.

:lol:

Usually, a little talking is fine.

But you probably haven't experience one, who thinks they know everything about Disney World, and 99% of the information they give is false.

They just keep talking, and talking, and talking, and talking, and talking......and talking.

Sometimes, their talking leads to slower driving, because they want to make sure they have enough time to say everything they have to say. :lol:

Sometimes, they think their comedians as well, and keep on being annoying.

It's especially bad when you're tired, and you just want to get to the place you're going.

Right now only DTD is using the new system but Epcot is suppose to be coming online next week. There are going to be 3 phases to the rollout of the system so thats why the drivers are a little confused about some stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom