New Bus Enhancements.

I'm surprised Disney doesn't have CNG or hybrid engine buses. (Many of the buses in Boston are CNG). Disney could probably even set up their own hydrogen supply station if they wanted.

Are they using Biodiesel now?

-Rob

They are running BioDiesel in about 20 test buses to make sure that they can switch the whole fleet over to bio first. They do emisions tests on the test buses about every couple months to see if it better with bio or not.

Fantasia freak

Original Poster
every bus in the fleet is now running on Bio-diesel. they were testing it out on 30 busses but now every bus is running on the stuff. I got this information personally from the manager in charge of FIW (Fuel/Inspection/Wash), the place behind Hess where we swap dirty busses for clean ones every night.

rdour@techminds

Appreciate any news.

Fantasia Freak, I just want to thank you in advance for any info you get about the possibility of enhancements for the visually impaired. I've heard some exciting things that WDW has planned for those of us with vision loss, but nothing directly related to the bus system. I am hopeing that the new systems are available for guest testing at some point. I'd gladly go down there to test, as that would be a wonderful excuse to give people in order to visit the world. I get a lot of cr@p about going more than once a year. Nobody understands why I'd want to go fly anywhere on vacation twice a year.

Ryan

Unplugged

At slow times of the year, if there are only 1 or 2 families waiting for a particular bus, could this new system end up increasing their wait time because the bus will get diverted?

Not sure if it could get any slower.....most of the time it's great, but my family has had to wait up to 45 minutes at numerous locations during the many years we've been going. :brick:

I would hope it doesn't get any worse than that!

Oh and FantasiaFreak....this is not meant as a dis to the drivers. I know you all are just doing your job and I've witnessed personally the infamous CMs with the radios during park closings that reroute buses on the fly (reference my 45 minute wait above). You folks are quite tolerant and helpful (and now informative) and there are many of us that appreciate the work and family friendly nature most of you have. As for the old way of dispatching...it's the process I don't care for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom