New Bus Enhancements.

MinnieSummer

I understand how they would divert busses at the parks based on the number of people in the lines but when the bus gets to the resort how will they determine where that bus will head? The only resorts that have designated lines for the parks would be the values. The other resorts just have a bus stop and everyone sits until they see their bus then they get up and get in line. How will the cameras work in this situation? or will they still have a CM standing around asking everyone where they are heading?

ToTBellHop

I'm not a fan of the background music. I think of those late night bus rides back home when all you want is peace and quiet and everyone is cooperating. I hope the music isn't loud enough to make people have to talk over it at any time of day.
I would imagine it will be as loud as it is in the parks...and I can speak normally and be heard there (except when the firework soundtracks are playing, but those SHOULD be loud).

Robfasto

I understand how they would divert busses at the parks based on the number of people in the lines but when the bus gets to the resort how will they determine where that bus will head? The only resorts that have designated lines for the parks would be the values. The other resorts just have a bus stop and everyone sits until they see their bus then they get up and get in line. How will the cameras work in this situation? or will they still have a CM standing around asking everyone where they are heading?

Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge each have a stop for each park and Downtown Disney...

NASAMan

I'm not a fan of the background music. I think of those late night bus rides back home when all you want is peace and quiet and everyone is cooperating. I hope the music isn't loud enough to make people have to talk over it at any time of day.

Once the system is in place, it should be rather simple to program in any music track (I presume it is on a CD or iPod-like device) to be played at any time. I'd like to think that the tracks played late evening will be different for those earlier. A nice, soothing voice, ala Fairy Godmother, could remind you of special things to do the following day after a magical night's sleep, backed by music reminiscent of a lullabye. But, once morning comes, bring on the high-paced loud spiels about how exciting the parks will be.

To be honest, I always thought the busses were a needed evil until the time that Disney could develop some new transportation technology to get guests where they need to go, as the monorail does for select resorts and parks. But if Disney can make riding the bus an unique park experience, well, that would truly be magical!

Fantasia freak

Original Poster
i can give you an example of how it would work. Lets take caribbean beach. Say the downtown bus gets caught up in the traffic leaving typhoon and is now running late. the gps tracking will alert central that he is late. The busses will be given their new dispatches before they pass the guard gate at the resort, so that they know where they are headed next. the epcot bus then becomes a downtown bus, the studious bus behind him becomes an epcot bus, the AK bus than becomes a studios bus and the MK bus becomes an AK bus. when the downtown bus gets there, he becomes the MK bus. Now everyone is on time or only 1 min late, instead of downtown being very late and the others being ontime or early. this will keep busses evenly spaced out and with shorter waits inbetween. Is it confusing and a lot of trouble? yes, but when has that stopped Disney. anything to lessen the complaints about the busses. That's why they are taking 4 months to work out all the kinks. As for the music volume, remember, the driver can control the volume and override it if he/she choses to. therefore you can still have a quite bus for your trip back at night.

ToTBellHop

Once the system is in place, it should be rather simple to program in any music track (I presume it is on a CD or iPod-like device) to be played at any time. I'd like to think that the tracks played late evening will be different for those earlier. A nice, soothing voice, ala Fairy Godmother, could remind you of special things to do the following day after a magical night's sleep, backed by music reminiscent of a lullabye. But, once morning comes, bring on the high-paced loud spiels about how exciting the parks will be.

To be honest, I always thought the busses were a needed evil until the time that Disney could develop some new transportation technology to get guests where they need to go, as the monorail does for select resorts and parks. But if Disney can make riding the bus an unique park experience, well, that would truly be magical!
or rather, I've heard your bus ride home will be set to the driving beat of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They are coining the term "Rockin' Disney Transport!"

MinnieSummer

So the number of people at the resorts waiting to go to a specific park wont effect the busses only the number of people waiting at the park to go to a specific resort? The busses going into the resorts will go in in some kind of order? I guess that will work.

Jerm

This is a day that will go down in history!

This is the first time in recorded history that we have news/rumors coming from a WDW bus driver and it is 100% true!:lol:

This is really great news. The bus system as of late has been sub-par and these new enhancements should remedy many of the problems.

I was thinking the same thing!!!

I have never been on a busy that everyone is quiet. There is always a family with a kid crying, a couple fighting, a group of people calling attractions by the wrong names, or my fav a bunch of drunk girls talking about what they did at PI. I don't think the music is going to be set to the point where you can't talk, but I am sure it is set so you always have that little bit of Disney Magic with you.

J

Figment82

I'm sure the music levels will be set to a level that is similar to what is used on the Magical Express and Cruise Line buses. Not distracting at all, and rather soothing.

Tim G

Hopefully...

At Downtown Disney they raised the volume to "hearing impaired"... :lookaroun

It drives me nuts!!! :(

When do people ever learn that HiFi doesn't mean LOUD!!!

cooleo

....they will have June, July, August and Sept. to test the system and work out any kinks, so that by Oct 1. (that date sounds familiar for some reason. hehe) it be declared fully operational. this of course is barring a complete system crash along the way.

Is it possible that you are trying to tell us something without telling us something (A new Celebration, For EPCOT possibly - Oh Please let it be so) or are you just pointing out the fact that this is a familiar date which Disney has decided to make this active by. We all know how important this date is in the World of Disney.

Either way, Great News about the bus enhancements. Thanks for the updates.:sohappy:

LoriMistress

Awesome!!! I remember hearing about these new buses that were coming soon! By December we'll have faster and nicer buses for our trip!!!!:xmas:

Rob562

The big question i9s...will they still stink when your sat behind them in your car?

I'm surprised Disney doesn't have CNG or hybrid engine buses. (Many of the buses in Boston are CNG). Disney could probably even set up their own hydrogen supply station if they wanted.

Are they using Biodiesel now?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom