New bus app feature being tested at POFQ

jbolen2

I can see good and bad with this. Imagine how mad someone will be when the app doesn’t refresh for whatever reason and they think they have more time. They end up missing the bus and the complaining beginnings. I think it will be a helpful tool and helps offset the time of waiting knowing when it might come.

tissandtully

I think each bus pickup location needs a request button so they know someone is there to dispatch if one is not already on its way. I've seen people wait for a very long time during slower times of the day until a bus is eventually called
What's fun is waiting 30 minutes for a bus at AKL then one finally getting there and it can't hold everyone so you have to wait another 20, all the while you see 6 EMPTY Disney Springs buses drive by... (this actually happened).

tissandtully

I actually thought the signs at POR to the parks were relatively reliable last year. At least first thing in the morning. I mean they were not perfect but close enough in the ballpark to know approximately how long you were going to wait.
Yeah, they are fairly accurate, what needs to be done is have more CMs at bus stops to manage how many buses are needed, it's gotta be more than wait time. I used to see this a lot, but not as often anymore.

SteamboatJoe

Yeah, they are fairly accurate, what needs to be done is have more CMs at bus stops to manage how many buses are needed, it's gotta be more than wait time. I used to see this a lot, but not as often anymore.
I completely agree with that. From the parks back to the resorts is a nightmare. I also had a terrible experience trying to get from Disney Springs to one of the MK resorts last year.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I'm not sure when the last time was that I saw a CM at a bus stop, other than at a park. And outside of the aforementioned start of the day, I've rarely seen the estimated time be accurate, let alone change fewer than 5 times and by at least 5-10 minutes.

Anyone else get the feeling sometimes that the transportation people who implemented this system starting singing, ala Homer Simpson - "I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!! I mean, S-M-A-R-T..."? Maybe they should be forced to ride buses to random locations for 8 hours and see how many bus trips they actually get.

tissandtully

I'm not sure when the last time was that I saw a CM at a bus stop, other than at a park. And outside of the aforementioned start of the day, I've rarely seen the estimated time be accurate, let alone change fewer than 5 times and by at least 5-10 minutes.

Anyone else get the feeling sometimes that the transportation people who implemented this system starting singing, ala Homer Simpson - "I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!! I mean, S-M-A-R-T..."? Maybe they should be forced to ride buses to random locations for 8 hours and see how many bus trips they actually get.
There used to be a transportation CM at AKL Jambo House bus stop, they actually would give out FPs for delayed buses, it was very nice.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What's fun is waiting 30 minutes for a bus at AKL then one finally getting there and it can't hold everyone so you have to wait another 20, all the while you see 6 EMPTY Disney Springs buses drive by... (this actually happened).

this is exactly what I have witnessed many times before... some busses even backed up going to the same place with no one in line and the other line waiting over 30... makes no sense.

I don't know how they manage their bus system but to be able to monitor their exact locations and destinations and route more as needed would be good imo - this is why I think the request button would be good so they would know when its necessary. heck they could even install cameras at some bus stops to see crowds waiting as well

I've also always thought some way to request a bus to a specific location for those in ecv's or wheelchairs would be helpful as well, even if they used a different bus that was more comfortable for them and easier to get on/off. This would also not hold up other busses as well...which can cause bottlenecks in the overall system

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom