New Bridge?

wdwmap.com

Original Poster
We just returned from 10 cold but wonderful days in the World, and used search but was unsuccessful in digging up any news on what this is. There is a new bridge in the work area next to the Monorail Beams between the MK Monorail Station and the canal. Does anyone know what it is for? They are also working around the canal and there are a series of floating dock/barges in the area.

Are they finally working at completing the path around the World? or one to the Grand Floridian? or is this bridge for back stage.

Here is a picture of the bridge.

IMG_0479.JPG

wdwmap.com

Original Poster
my thought as well, especially with all the other work around the canal, but how will they get the electrical water pageant out of the canal each night?

WDW Vacationer

my thought as well, especially with all the other work around the canal, but how will they get the electrical water pageant out of the canal each night?
A drawbridge similar to the ones around WS lagoon that allow the Earth Barge and Friendship Boats in and out would work.

Rob562

Another random possibility:

Could this be a new bridge over the Hub waterway by the Crystal Palace? That entire bridge is walled off along with the CP. Perhaps they're pre-assembling the structure and will be installing it while the waterway is drained (similar to how they replaced the Liberty Square bridge in only a week or two)?

They could truck it into the park from there, bring it behind the CP, and then crane it up and over the building and into place.

EDIT:
Kinda looks about the right shape and size....
CrystalPalacebridge.jpg

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think Rob is correct. The bridge is almost definitely not a draw bridge. A single span draw bridge would be designed where one end is considerably lighter than the other. This bridge is a single symmetrical arch suggesting that it is stationary. The bridge at Epcot is a great example of this asymmetrical design.

219-1.jpg

topcat47

I do remember seeing on another site that a temporary bridge was put in place at Splash Mountian from the backstage access road across to the ride structure. This was to assist with the refurbishment going on right now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom