New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

lostpro9het

Also one question I have not heard answered is if this test is still going on? If so this is becoming a long test.
It's going on at least through the third week in September:
Untitled-3.jpg

We received the above email this past Thursday for our upcoming trip. We had no intention of eating there this go around but figured since we had an open lunch one day then why not. Pre ordered our soups and a turkey sammy to share.

stevehousse

It's going on at least through the third week in September:
Untitled-3.jpg

We received the above email this past Thursday for our upcoming trip. We had no intention of eating there this go around but figured since we had an open lunch one day then why not. Pre ordered our soups and a turkey sammy to share.
As a reminder, make sure u remember what u ordered when u go because the online ordering doesn't always work and they tend to loose your order ad u have to reorder...

Did dude ever figure out those pictures? I really want to see how empty it was..

stevehousse

It one thing to have a few tables here and there empty but when basically half a room is completely empty, that's not how u run a restaurant efficiently at all! How many tables would u say were in that one room that actually had guests sitting in there? The main dining room usually is always full, but the sides room being that empty is just insane!

sweetpee_1993

Alienating some and catering to others.

Which is the problem with this new system they r trying to implement.

I haven't read this whole thread. Came here hoping to gleen a few pointers, actually.

Next month I'm meeting a group of friends at WDW, staying 1 night with the group at BLT, then we all are heading out on a cruise together the next day. My friends talked a lot about MK the day/night before. I (foolishly) bit and paid the sickening $105 for the 1-day MK admission. And let me tell you, I've been sick with regret over it since. I should never have done it.

I'm quite sure the new system has it's uses if you super plan from day 1. Try to do something last minute or join friends/family who have existing plans? Yeah, good luck. Just to see the inside of BoG was 1 of the few things I wanted to do. I was hoping to get from the airport to MK as quickly as possible to catch lunch. My flight lands at 12:20. I have yet to figure that out. What info I'm getting indicates I'm pretty much SOL. Is the system alienating? To some, yes.

If anyone were to ask me about a WDW vacation I would probably just laugh and wish them luck. Color me unimpressed with any of this crap. At this point I'm disgusted so much I'm considering skipping the park entirely. Just so annoying. I wish beyond all wishes I NEVER bought that stupid ticket. I could be avoiding all this annoyance if I'd just not done it. Ugh.

Mike S

I haven't read this whole thread. Came here hoping to gleen a few pointers, actually.

Next month I'm meeting a group of friends at WDW, staying 1 night with the group at BLT, then we all are heading out on a cruise together the next day. My friends talked a lot about MK the day/night before. I (foolishly) bit and paid the sickening $105 for the 1-day MK admission. And let me tell you, I've been sick with regret over it since. I should never have done it.

I'm quite sure the new system has it's uses if you super plan from day 1. Try to do something last minute or join friends/family who have existing plans? Yeah, good luck. Just to see the inside of BoG was 1 of the few things I wanted to do. I was hoping to get from the airport to MK as quickly as possible to catch lunch. My flight lands at 12:20. I have yet to figure that out. What info I'm getting indicates I'm pretty much SOL. Is the system alienating? To some, yes.

If anyone were to ask me about a WDW vacation I would probably just laugh and wish them luck. Color me unimpressed with any of this crap. At this point I'm disgusted so much I'm considering skipping the park entirely. Just so annoying. I wish beyond all wishes I NEVER bought that stupid ticket. I could be avoiding all this annoyance if I'd just not done it. Ugh.
*looks over at annual pass with a strange feeling* :cautious:

WDWFanDave

It one thing to have a few tables here and there empty but when basically half a room is completely empty, that's not how u run a restaurant efficiently at all! How many tables would u say were in that one room that actually had guests sitting in there? The main dining room usually is always full, but the sides room being that empty is just insane!
Sorry for the late reply...wi-fi in the room is lousy, and just getting in...have been busy working on having fun!

So, I'll share a few more photos shortly. Those were the only ones that I took on my phone, but have several others that I'm downloading from the camera right now. I did not go into the West Wing, just the Ballroom and the (not sure what it's called and too lazy to look it up) music box room.

Download is almost complete, I'll try to answer other questions, and put it all in one.

WDWFanDave

Okay, here it goes. Will try to keep this mostly OT, but have to share the overall experience at BoG.

Went there as we got an email 'FastPass' lunch invite. Thanks to all the regular posters here, I knew there was little other chance of getting in by going to try and get one of the special cards with a time to return for lunch, so I figured we'd go for it. Happy we are not on the DDP this year, as there's so much more flexibility when you get to order what you really want. So, I pre-ordered. Thought, well, who knows, maybe we'll actually want to eat what we ordered anyway, even if it was in advance.

Couldn't remember what time the Fast Pass was for...doesn't show up on MDE. So, stopped by the check in desk to find out what time we were supposed to arrive. They had us scheduled for 11:15. At the time we stopped by, which was 10ish, they were passing out cards. Wanted to report that here, as I know many have wondered how long those last. Well, we returned just after 11:15, and the sign was out that there were no more spots available for the day. Yep-11:15.

Was it a busy day? Not really, and I HATE crowds, so for me to feel like it wasn't too bad, it really wasn't too bad. I think the 'E's got to an hour plus reported waits, but most other rides that were reporting 20 minute waits were really walk ons. Only report this info to let you know that if you're coming at a busier time, RUN past Anna & Elsa and go get your card for BoG if you really want to eat there.

So, we checked in, and were sent to go stand in line. Yep, pre-ordered, and we had to go get in line to use an order kiosk to see if they had our order correct. Well, if they had actually KEPT the order I placed, then it would've been fine. But, no big surprise, but the system had no idea what we ordered, we had to start all over.

From there, once we finalized the order and paid...had to go stand in another line. You heard that correctly...now you have to go stand in line so that someone can bring you to a table. Sat in the ballroom before, so I asked for one of the side rooms. Ended up in the beautiful music box room.

On the way in, though, even though it was still early for lunch, I was taken aback at how many empty tables there were. Mind you, even though we go there about 11:20, it was a good 15 minutes to get through the lines and to a table. Was about 11:35 or so when the food arrived. It arrived while I was up and taking pictures. Food was ok. Nothing worth what we paid, IMO.

When we left, the line of folks returning to get in with their time was across the bridge. Yep...hurry up and return so you can stand in the line that you would have had to stand in anyway, but at least we made you work harder for it... and, so I'm sure that the tables would fill in, but they are not IN ANY WAY managing that capacity very well. I know it's new...but sometimes I wonder who the heck comes up with this crap...and why they insist on putting the guests through the angst of having to live through it. And, not to mention the CMs that have to deal with the guests. They literally have a team of blockers at the end of the bridge...traffic cops...whatever you want to call them. I'd bet they need a drink (or three) after working a shift there. I know I would.

So, that brings me all the way to the pictures. Took them between the time we sat and when we left (a bit after noon time). I'll be back shortly and edit this with them. Evidently they're too big to upload, not sure, but would bet it's the wi-fi doing me in.

ETA:
IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2046.jpg

Last edited:

stevehousse

Okay, here it goes. Will try to keep this mostly OT, but have to share the overall experience at BoG.

Went there as we got an email 'FastPass' lunch invite. Thanks to all the regular posters here, I knew there was little other chance of getting in by going to try and get one of the special cards with a time to return for lunch, so I figured we'd go for it. Happy we are not on the DDP this year, as there's so much more flexibility when you get to order what you really want. So, I pre-ordered. Thought, well, who knows, maybe we'll actually want to eat what we ordered anyway, even if it was in advance.

Couldn't remember what time the Fast Pass was for...doesn't show up on MDE. So, stopped by the check in desk to find out what time we were supposed to arrive. They had us scheduled for 11:15. At the time we stopped by, which was 10ish, they were passing out cards. Wanted to report that here, as I know many have wondered how long those last. Well, we returned just after 11:15, and the sign was out that there were no more spots available for the day. Yep-11:15.

Was it a busy day? Not really, and I HATE crowds, so for me to feel like it wasn't too bad, it really wasn't too bad. I think the 'E's got to an hour plus reported waits, but most other rides that were reporting 20 minute waits were really walk ons. Only report this info to let you know that if you're coming at a busier time, RUN past Anna & Elsa and go get your card for BoG if you really want to eat there.

So, we checked in, and were sent to go stand in line. Yep, pre-ordered, and we had to go get in line to use an order kiosk to see if they had our order correct. Well, if they had actually KEPT the order I placed, then it would've been fine. But, no big surprise, but the system had no idea what we ordered, we had to start all over.

From there, once we finalized the order and paid...had to go stand in another line. You heard that correctly...now you have to go stand in line so that someone can bring you to a table. Sat in the ballroom before, so I asked for one of the side rooms. Ended up in the beautiful music box room.

On the way in, though, even though it was still early for lunch, I was taken aback at how many empty tables there were. Mind you, even though we go there about 11:20, it was a good 15 minutes to get through the lines and to a table. Was about 11:35 or so when the food arrived. It arrived while I was up and taking pictures. Food was ok. Nothing worth what we paid, IMO.

When we left, the line of folks returning to get in with their time was across the bridge. Yep...hurry up and return so you can stand in the line that you would have had to stand in anyway, but at least we made you work harder for it... and, so I'm sure that the tables would fill in, but they are not IN ANY WAY managing that capacity very well. I know it's new...but sometimes I wonder who the heck comes up with this crap...and why they insist on putting the guests through the angst of having to live through it. And, not to mention the CMs that have to deal with the guests. They literally have a team of blockers at the end of the bridge...traffic cops...whatever you want to call them. I'd bet they need a drink (or three) after working a shift there. I know I would.

So, that brings me all the way to the pictures. Took them between the time we sat and when we left (a bit after noon time). I'll be back shortly and edit this with them. Evidently they're too big to upload, not sure, but would bet it's the wi-fi doing me in.

ETA:
View attachment 63420
View attachment 63421 View attachment 63422 View attachment 63423 View attachment 63424
Thank u so much for the updated report! Seems like the cards r the most stupid thing on earth and don't really make a difference in having to wait. It seems just like the old way only u need those stupid tickets to get in now!

See, we knew this wouldn't work! LOL

donsullivan

Premium Member
So to repeat my earlier question still not answered.

Has all of whatever this is resulted in the fact that a day guest without a resort reservation can effectively no longer have lunch at Be Our Guest? I thought it was a simple question but I can't seem to get anyone to actually answer it.

cw1982

Has all of whatever this is resulted in the fact that a day guest without a resort reservation can effectively no longer have lunch at Be Our Guest? I thought it was a simple question but I can't seem to get anyone to actually answer it.

I felt like @WDWFanDave did answer your question. He said by 11:15, all return times had been given out. To me, that's a pretty clear indication that anyone without a fastpass must rush to BOG asap and hope there are times left. So it's not impossible, but clearly more difficult than it should be.

WDWFanDave

The only thing I can say is that when discussing it with a CM who seemed fairly knowledgable, they said the FP offer is going to more and more on site guests. IMO that would mean significantly reduced availability for anyone else. If I get an opportunity later this week, I'll investigate more.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

ETA:
View attachment 63420
View attachment 63421 View attachment 63422 View attachment 63423 View attachment 63424

I preordered our meals when making our FP+ reservation for this coming weekend. However, based upon someone's suggestion on one of these posts, I took a screen shot of the confirmation page listing all the details. I sure hope we don't have to go through the whole order process again. Based upon your visit and photos, this new "process" defines "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". So BOG for lunch will now become the venue a select group of visitors (resort guests) or those who get a paper return ticket shortly upon park opening. Yes, a VAST improvement....... :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom