New attractions???

baja232

Original Poster
I realize that it is a ways off, but, any talk of new attractions by the Spring of 2009? Looks like that will be my next trip, April or May. Thanks

jedimaster1227

I realize that it is a ways off, but, any talk of new attractions by the Spring of 2009? Looks like that will be my next trip, April or May. Thanks

1. Toy Story Mania and Pixar Place
2. Newly Re-opened Spaceship Earth
3. ABC Theater show
4. Hunchback Theater Show
5. New exhibits at Innoventions
6. Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom
7. Newly refurbished Haunted Mansion

fizzle75

3. ABC Theater show

Can you share any details on this? I have been excited about the prospect of a night time parade at AKL for quite some time, I can't wait to see what the Imagineers will come up with for this.

jedimaster1227

Maybe a new Imagination ride and 3D Movie and the Theater with a brand new Pre-Show!:)

A new ride? Yes. A new 3-D movie? Not yet. Essentially Phase II or III (I'm waiting on a more definite answer on that question) of the Imagination refurbishment for Version 4.

Can you share any details on this? I have been excited about the prospect of a night time parade at AKL for quite some time, I can't wait to see what the Imagineers will come up with for this.
what are the rivers of light

From what I'm allowed to tell:

Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom
  • A brand new parade set to be shown at night (much like Spectromagic does at Magic Kingdom).
  • Using bright lights and colorful music, will essentially "flow" through Animal Kingdom's dark paths like "Rivers of Light"
  • Will be the last piece necessary for the extension of hours for Animal Kingdom (most likely to 8:00 p.m.)
  • Will be announced in 2008 (I have an approximate date, but I can't say it until our Wild Decade event has been given clearance by the company) and will start lighting up Animal Kingdom in 2009.

MrBug

From what I'm allowed to tell:

Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom
  • A brand new parade set to be shown at night (much like Spectromagic does at Magic Kingdom).
  • Using bright lights and colorful music, will essentially "flow" through Animal Kingdom's dark paths like "Rivers of Light"
  • Will be the last piece necessary for the extension of hours for Animal Kingdom (most likely to 8:00 p.m.)
  • Will be announced in 2008 (I have an approximate date, but I can't say it until our Wild Decade event has been given clearance by the company) and will start lighting up Animal Kingdom in 2009.
Thanks for sharing that!

Won't the phrase "Newly refurbished Haunted Mansion" be a bit of a stretch in '09? ;)

DisneyparkFreak

-New Whitewater river ride at the Canada Pavillion
-Mt. Fuji indoor rollercoaster
-NEW Weather Pavillion at EPCOT
-Beastly Kingdom
-Muppet Dark Ride
-Indiana Jones Experience
-Incredibles dark ride/coaster where COP is now.
-Space Mountain 2.0
-New Jungle Cruise just like at DL
-Monsters Inc. Dark Ride at DHS
-Monorail expansion to DTD
-Fire Mountain
-StarTours 2.0
-WDW version of the matterhorn in the new swiss pavillion.

The list goes on... Am i missing anything???

I am going at the same time in 09, one could hope that even one of these. are announced

Kingdom WDW

-New Whitewater river ride at the Canada Pavillion
Reportedly one for The Land Pavilion to block the Soarin' show building.
-Mt. Fuji indoor rollercoaster
Oh, boy. Not this again...
-NEW Weather Pavillion at EPCOT
I believe this is wishful thinking...
-Beastly Kingdom
:hammer:
-Muppet Dark Ride
Hopefully. Jim Hill said that a full-blown Muppets experience will come some time in "late 2007 or early 2008." (2007 Unofficial Guide) Whoops!
-Indiana Jones Experience
This, along with ST2 is probably imminent.
-Incredibles dark ride/coaster where COP is now.
From what I heard maybe not CoP but maybe the Skyway building.
-Space Mountain 2.0
George McGinnis (former Imagineer) hinted at this, and that WDW may get a star tunnel, and this is probably imminent, also.
-New Jungle Cruise just like at DL
I think they're waiting until the new movie comes out.
-Monsters Inc. Dark Ride at DHS
Sources?
-Monorail expansion to DTD
I think this was dispelled a while ago.
-Fire Mountain
What? Where?
-StarTours 2.0
Like I said before, imminent.
-WDW version of the matterhorn in the new swiss pavillion.
Switzerland pavilion? Shouldn't we get to Spain and Australia first? Also, I doubt they would have a second Matterhorn because A) Matterhorn has remained a Disneyland exclusive for at least 30 years and B) We got Everest

The list goes on... Am i missing anything???

I am going at the same time in 09, one could hope that even one of these. are announced

You forgot to mention new park. :rolleyes:

DisneyparkFreak

You forgot to mention new park. :rolleyes:

MAN!!! I knew i forgot something.

To piggy back on the monster inc dark ride at DHS, My best friends brother works for the mouse out in glendale... Dont know if he works in imagineering or not, but he said that they were throwing around an idea a coule of years ago about a dark ride or coaster based on the "door scene" from monster inc. It would use the same ride system as crushes coaster our at DLP or something like that. I asked him about it a couple of weeks ago at a football game and he said its probably dead due to too many other things going on right now for all the parks. But then again everyone who works for Disney in Cali thinks they are an imagineer so who knows.

-To comment on aussie pavillion, i tend to agree with a lot of other people here, wouldn't that go better at AK, but then again an Opera House table service resturaunt and a table by a window during illuminations would be a nice idea... Oh yeah maybe a kangaroo boxing ring. I would so get my tail kicked, and a SPAIN pavillion, we already have Mexico.. How different could they be?

Figment571

Wait, Spain and Mexico two....different .....countries......ARRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!
What oh, crap!
Now someone is gonna tell me Russia isn't a continent!:lookaroun

tomm4004

Spain would be good. Instead of the running of the bulls we could have the running of the strollers and ECVs! If they opt for Spain, I hope they choose Seville as the model, or at least Andalucia with its Moorish influence in general. Very beautiful architecture.

Biff215

3. ABC Theater show

Is it expected that a new show will replace the old Hunchback? I thought that theater was completely being removed to create a new storage facility for the lights. Is there something else on the table for that location?

JWG

Wait, Spain and Mexico two....different .....countries......ARRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!
What oh, crap!
Now someone is gonna tell me Russia isn't a continent!:lookaroun

To save space in World Showcase and allow for Switzerland, I say do away with Mexico for Spaixico - combining the highlights of Mexico and Spain into one glorious pavilion. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom