New Attraction

Favrefire4

Original Poster
Does anyone have any information on the ride called Sylvester's Driving Machines that was orginally suppose to open in 1999 with the rest of the park? Does anyone know if it is going to open anytime soon or when? Also does anyone have any information on any new attractions coming to Islands of Adventures? I have heard on these fourms that a helicopter simulator might becoming to the Jurassic Park area. Does anyone know anything about that? Thank you in advance.....

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Favrefire4
Is there a reason it has very little chance of ever opening?

I believe it was a safety issue...no real easy way to get the kids off of the ride without the use of a cherrypicker truck if it were to ever break down

Favrefire4

Original Poster
Are they going to demolish it, leave it, or fix it? I mean it was suppose to be a good attraction from what I hear but what can they do with it?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Favrefire4
Are they going to demolish it, leave it, or fix it? I mean it was suppose to be a good attraction from what I hear but what can they do with it?

Well, now they have cars running along the tracks with "fake" "Who's"

BRER STITCH

BELOW IS THE INFORMATION FROM THE IOA WEBSITE:

This attraction is not open.

Description: Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines is probably one of the most popular rides that guests at any theme park have never ridden. The ride was originally supposed to open with the park in 1999. Obviously, it didn't happen, and the attraction was then slated for a 2000 debut. This, however, didn't happen either, and the opening date was changed to 2001. Currently, no opening date is proclaimed on the sign outside the entrance. Several different reasons as to why the attraction never opened have surfaced, ranging from suffering from a very low ride capacity to major design flaws. For quite awhile, reliable employees of Universal Orlando have said the ride will not open in the foreseeable future. Lately, however, rumors have been appearing and suggesting things may be happening to give the attraction a long overdue opening. A good place to learn more about Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines and keep up with the latest rumors is at DISBoards.com.

Facts:
• The ride track is 15 feet high.
• The attraction was supposed to have featured six show scenes.
• The attraction was originally supposed to have a total of 60 ride vehicles.
• The ride's track passes through Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous.
• Despite being closed, it is not uncommon to see a vehicle or two cycling the track carrying Sylvester McMonkey McBean or a Sneetch.
• References to The Butter Battle Book are made in what was supposed to have been the queue area.
• For the past two years, part of what was supposed to have been the queue for the ride has been used as part of the Grinch's Lair walkthrough attraction during Grinchmas.

Sketch105

The attraction is also very low capacity, so spending the money to try and open it is unnecessary, since it won't draw more people to Universal.

However I expect they shall do something with it, whether demolish it or fix it.

WDWspider

Safety isn't really that much a factor... look at a Sky Ride, or a ferris wheel.

Also why would it be a low mover, seems they could fit a lot of vehichles on that track, it's long enough.

Finally, and Freak knows this but obviously doesn't believe anything I say. :( The ride is being reviewed and looked at again to finally get it up and running.

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by Sketch105
The attraction is also very low capacity, so spending the money to try and open it is unnecessary, since it won't draw more people to Universal.

However I expect they shall do something with it, whether demolish it or fix it.

they look cool.....its not the the 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish isnt a draw-in ride....so whp cares if this one was......they look like fun to ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom