new annual passholder benefits

EvilEmperorZurg

Original Poster
I am sure that I am not alone in this, but who else does not like how they took out all of the annual pass benefits from the passholder ticket holder. For the past few years that I have been a passholder I could always just check where I get discounts and on what. This year they did away with that and posted everything online. I though that it was a nice convenience. Does anyone know why this little bonus has been discontinued?

Nicole

They did get rid of the sleeve with the little booklet. Now it just refers you to the passholder website. I too was disappointed.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
When we went to pick up the new sleeves last month they told us it was bacause they wanted to be more environmentally-friendly, not using all that paper. I personally think it is so they can change the benefits in the middle of the year and not have to worry about what has been printed. Just a thought.

brkgnews

What gripes me the most is now they're like a friggin' jacob's ladder. If you want to get the pass out, you've got to let the cardboard part flop down for half-an-hour. I'm still using last year's. And yes, I'll eat my hat if "environmentality" was the real reason.

wdwishes2005

and they are flimsy as heck, I have had mine since the start of January and used it for a total of 1 1/2 weeks and it is falling apart......

Littlebit

Environmentality my butt. If they really cared that much about the environment, they wouldn't sell soda and water in plastic bottles.

JeffH

I noticed it and complained the 1st moment I got it

I noticed it and complained the 1st moment I got it on 1/7.
Nothing environmental about it, it's got just as much paper in it, it's just dedicated to promotional material, instead of your benefits.
I was told that it was online so that the benefits could change throughout the year.
It's a hard to use sleeve which offers no practical information for the passholder.
Wonder who the bonehead was who came up with this?

CRO-Magnum

Thank-you...

Littlebit said:
Environmentality my butt. If they really cared that much about the environment, they wouldn't sell soda and water in plastic bottles.

...for a dose of reality. I was thinking that myself just as my eyes crossed your post. As easily they could go to plastic credit cards or smart cards because A) they are reusable especially for renewals, B) recyclable, and C) Disney could add charging privileges for use in the park with either a pre-paid balance, attachment to your checking account, or link back to another credit card (similar to resort guest priviliges).

Heck, I think people would take pride in a permanent card showing their first year "membership". Bragging rights if you will. But what do I know.

DisneyInsanity

My family and I are also upset about this. It was so handy just to be able to pull out the sleeve and look to see if where you could get benefits. The flimsy cards are a pain too, it was a lot nicer whent they were hard cards.

Ben

Back to WDW 2/24/06!

EvilEmperorZurg

Original Poster
passholder jackets

I am still using my 2005 one as well. I think that the main reason that they are not using them anymore is that they are getting cheap. It was a great little bonus to have especailly when you are paying that much for a premium annual pass.
I am sure that they hope that people will forget about the discounts that come with the pass. I mean %10 is not alot but every little bit helps in WDW.
I will never forget about the %30 off golf, using it this sunday. Osprey ridge here i come.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
They got rid of the Virgin Megastore Discount :(

that sucks majorly... now I gotta get a CM to do my cheap purchases for me :lol:

brkgnews

Really? They still had it in late January, but I couldn't use it because my purchases were already on sale. My buddy was able to use his, though.

bgraham34

I can bet it is so they can change the benefits as they see fit. Not because of the environment.

If they wanted to truly save the environment they would be financing alternative fuels so they could save millions on diesel.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess I am the only one that liked this. I carry 5 AP's in my wallet and the books can be rather bulky. I have always ditched the benefits book after reading the info to see what has changed and then I used a standard ticket sleeve. In regards to the plastic credit card vs. the paper ticket again doesn't matter. I have had at least 2 AP's for about 6 or 7 years and total of 5 AP's for the last 4 years in my wallet and have never once had to replace them. My check card on the other hand doesn't last 6 months before I start having problems with it.

So..... viva la thin ticket selves and paper AP's!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

FairyTaleCouple

I think it really stinks that they did away with a lot of the benefits. My fiance and I make 10-14 trips there a year. We always stay on property, eat on property and do some shopping at Downtown Disney. Needless to mention we are getting married there in June! I am quite certain that we spend more in a year then I care to add up! Coming from someone who spends 5-8k a year going there, and now 20,000 + on a wedding. It feels like they are tying to nickel and dime me now. Although I have to hand it to them, I keep going and spending, discounts or not. :cry:

Grimsby

The sad reality to this issue is, the sleeves were taken away to discourage free parking.

What the heck am i talking about? Well, those guests with Annual Passes have parking included with their ticket medium. At the parking gates, many Guests simply wave their AP Benefits Sleeve to the parking CM and they are waived thru. Never knowing if that sleeve even has a vaild AP inside, or a ticket of *any* kind.

Any guest could walk up to City Hall and request one, AP holder or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom