new annual passholder benefits

FairyTaleCouple

Wave their sleeve?!? Are you kidding me? I don't even do that, I just say "I'm an annual pass holder" and they tell me to go ahead! But then again there are LOTS of things you can tell them to get in for free parking...since we have been planning our wedding there I have noticed that if you mention you are there to do some wedding planning you can get in for free without proof of anything at any resort parking lot or theme park parking lot. There are a bunch of other things you can say to get free parking too, but thats a different thread and I don't want Disney to loose too much money on their parking because then they will jack up the price on something I actually do have to pay for! :hammer:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Grimsby said:
The sad reality to this issue is, the sleeves were taken away to discourage free parking.
As conspiracy laden as that sounds it very well may be correct. When we went just a few weeks ago they were not only looking for the pass but checking the expiration dates as well.

Eljay

DisneyInsanity said:
It was so handy just to be able to pull out the sleeve and look to see if where you could get benefits.
Ben
Back to WDW 2/24/06!

Out of sight, out of mind! They know we're not going to bother printing out the benefits and then dragging the papers around the parks just to see, "Hmm, do I get a discount here?"
Wouldn't you love to see the statistics that show just how much the utilization of our benefits has dropped since they have made the info so inconvenient?:rolleyes:

Vernonpush

mkt said:
They got rid of the Virgin Megastore Discount :(

that sucks majorly... now I gotta get a CM to do my cheap purchases for me :lol:
You scared me! But according to their web page today, it's still there.

Virgin™ Megastore – Downtown Disney West Side
Receive a 10% discount off total purchase. Discount valid only at Virgin™ Megastore Downtown Disney West Side. Not valid on virginmega.com or airport locations. Excludes personal audio, DVD players, interactive software and accessories, game hardware, gift cards or Virgin Mobile Top-Up Cards.

GymLeaderPhil

They've always requested to see my pass. The booklet is never enough credentials and any parking CM who waved those people through were not going by the book.

prberk

GymLeaderPhil said:
They've always requested to see my pass. The booklet is never enough credentials and any parking CM who waved those people through were not going by the book.

Well, they were, in a way, "going by the book"... Only it wasn't the rule book! It was the passholder book.... :lookaroun :D

Pardon me while I run away and hide.

dxwwf3

We still use our booklets from many years ago, so it's no big deal for us. We find them to be pretty handy to keep all 4 passes in.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Vernonpush said:
You scared me! But according to their web page today, it's still there.

Virgin™ Megastore – Downtown Disney West Side
Receive a 10% discount off total purchase. Discount valid only at Virgin™ Megastore Downtown Disney West Side. Not valid on virginmega.com or airport locations. Excludes personal audio, DVD players, interactive software and accessories, game hardware, gift cards or Virgin Mobile Top-Up Cards.
WHAT?!?!?!

I tried using it less than a week ago, and was totally denied. Is that information from the AP website, or from virginmega.com?

I need a printout of that, cause I'm somewhat agitated about that.

sames1

Killing Trees

AMH97 said:
When we went to pick up the new sleeves last month they told us it was bacause they wanted to be more environmentally-friendly, not using all that paper. I personally think it is so they can change the benefits in the middle of the year and not have to worry about what has been printed. Just a thought.

Now thousands of people will be using 8 1/2 x 11 paper to print out the benefits each time they go to the park. If they really wanted to save paper they just need a place to swipe the card in the park which reveals your discounts.

I've used the sleave successfully to get waved into Parking. That ended a few years ago, perhaps because people were cheating.. NOOOOO Disney lovers don't lie cheat or steal do they? Now they check the date on the ticket everytime. Once they said.. oh it expires today.. I had to say,,no.. I bought it today, it expires in a year....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom