New Anna/Elsa standby procedure?

Jose

I don't know why they don't just give Anna and Elsa a restaurant, do it up as Anna and Elsa's Coronation Feast, they could circulate through the dining room like the other Character dining locations...Disney would make a boat load of money, Families would be happier that they did not wait in line 5 hours to see the princesses as it would be handled through ADR, there would be more people out and about in the parks (Which means spending money) rather than filling up an interminable queue...and when the madness dies down, Disney will have made a lot more money, and then Anna and Elsa can get a themed restroom just like Rapunzel... Issue solved!
why a restaurant? they will have their own ride at Epcot! :)

why a restaurant?

Because the queues at M&Gs have become unmanageable and character meals are the only way for many children to meet the characters these days. You are basically paying $30 (or more) to meet the characters and this eliminates a lot of folks. We went this route a long time ago due to the crazy lines and the adults who seemed to always want to have a 5 minute conversation with a fictitious character.

Bocabear

Because the queues at M&Gs have become unmanageable and character meals are the only way for many children to meet the characters these days. You are basically paying $30 (or more) to meet the characters and this eliminates a lot of folks. We went this route a long time ago due to the crazy lines and the adults who seemed to always want to have a 5 minute conversation with a fictitious character.
EXACTLY! And maybe if the M&Gs were all relegated to money making Dining adventures, maybe we will get some real attractions in the parks instead of more overhyped character hug zones...

muteki

According to reports it indeed got really ugly and they had to open the line for Soarin' at 5:30pm. It was a disaster. But who could've seen that happening? :banghead:
Just let the line regulate itself like it has for the past 10 years. Want less people in it? Spoof the wait time like you always do. They are really just over-thinking this for the sake of over-thinking at this point.

Dwarful

Have we really become a society where people can't wait 30 minutes in a line? If the line is more than the wait time you are willing to stand either a.....pre-book your FP+ for those headliners or b...don't ride. Honestly, this whole book 60 days in advance and now going back to the paper style fp to eliminate the regular line.....Maybe I am not the average American, but I don't go to WDW with credit cards. I have a set budget and we stick to it. So...no matter how much free time they give me I won't be spending more money in the parks or at the resorts. I will just end my day earlier or go back and swim....or plan fewer days at WDW and go to Universal instead. But spending more money during down time just isn't an option.

lazyboy97o

Have we really become a society where people can't wait 30 minutes in a line? If the line is more than the wait time you are willing to stand either a.....pre-book your FP+ for those headliners or b...don't ride. Honestly, this whole book 60 days in advance and now going back to the paper style fp to eliminate the regular line.....Maybe I am not the average American, but I don't go to WDW with credit cards. I have a set budget and we stick to it. So...no matter how much free time they give me I won't be spending more money in the parks or at the resorts. I will just end my day earlier or go back and swim....or plan fewer days at WDW and go to Universal instead. But spending more money during down time just isn't an option.
Disney is desperate to try everything and anything to get their numbers up to help make MyMagic+ look like the massive revenue generator that was promised.

natatomic

I wish we had some firsthand accounts of the Soarin' test. I genuinely am perplexed as to how they think this is a good idea. Then again, I've personally been part of tests that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt would fail miserably, yet no one ever listened. Only when things crash and burn REPEATEDLY do these people (who have NO hands on experience with the attraction itself) finally give up.

If this testing of the "paper fastpass" continues (and I think it will because TDO wants you shopping instead of standing in line), I hope someone starts a thread dedicated to it because I don't want to have to remember to look in an Anna and Elsa thread to get updates.

natatomic

If this testing of the "paper fastpass" continues (and I think it will because TDO wants you shopping instead of standing in line), I hope someone starts a thread dedicated to it because I don't want to have to remember to look in an Anna and Elsa thread to get updates.

Again, what is this shopping everyone keeps talking about? It's the same merchandise at every single shop for the most part. I can do all that in the emporium as I'm leaving MK after it closes for the night. I've asked once, but is there a single person here who finds themselves short on shopping time at the parks?

Mawg

Again, what is this shopping everyone keeps talking about? It's the same merchandise at every single shop for the most part. I can do all that in the emporium as I'm leaving MK after it closes for the night. I've asked once, but is there a single person here who finds themselves short on shopping time at the parks?
I don't think more shopping is the only reason Disney is doing this. They also have to increase overall satisfaction. And people are most satisfied when they feel they did a lot and experienced a lot more so than waiting in line after 2 hr line. Disney is trying to work on customer satisfaction with these changes. However, they are failing. There is no cheap solution, they have to increase capacity for an increasing number of guests. Build more attractions.

Kristamouse

I was shopping this weekend and went into our local Disney store. They had loads of Frozen stuff, dresses, dolls, toys, Olaf stuffed animals, tshirts, etc., and unlike when we were at WDW in June there was no limit on the number of Frozen items you could buy. I sort of thought maybe the craze had peaked...but I guess not for the M&G.
Where!?! The Kenwood Ohio Mall had total less than 20 Frozen item...
Still need an Elsa dress:(

dadddio

Disney is desperate to try everything and anything to get their numbers up to help make MyMagic+ look like the massive revenue generator that was promised.
Or perhaps they are simply trying to give guests better service by not making them stand in a line for several hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom