New Animated Star Wars Series The Bad Batch Hits Disney+ In 2021

khlaylav

Sweet, thanks! I liked the first episode, though not so much the arc during The Clone Wars. It felt really sidequesty and shoe-horned in beyond rescuing Echo.

jt04

New to Bad Batch. These are the clone wars I've been looking for. Great.

The score is cinema ready. No hyperbole. Still greatly prefer live action but this animated version kept my interest as well as live action has. That's new for me.

david10225

I've was inspired by this show to watch for the first time the final season of the clone wars. So much action and honestly the storylines really made it for me. Love everything about it.. familiar characters..the announcer at the beginning of the episode....even favorite villains. While Bad Batch may have better animation, I'm just not quite as engaged. Hanging on to the end though.

Robbiem

I've was inspired by this show to watch for the first time the final season of the clone wars. So much action and honestly the storylines really made it for me. Love everything about it.. familiar characters..the announcer at the beginning of the episode....even favorite villains. While Bad Batch may have better animation, I'm just not quite as engaged. Hanging on to the end though.
To me the final season of clone wars was two four part pilots (Bad batch and the mechanic sisters) and the final Mandalore arc. The final four episodes are amazing ending clone wars on a real high (especially after Star Wars resistance which I didn’t like that much).

bad batch has been much better than I was expecting and has had some great moments like Cad Bane’s return, Rex etc but I think the story is being stretched a bit thin and at times it risks being a ‘returning character of the week’ show. I’m sure though it will still be fun star wars to fill the gap before book of boba fett in December 😀✌️

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
I still have Disney+ for the time being. Should I bite the bullet and give this a watch even though I never watched anything in any of the other series?

Robbiem

I still have Disney+ for the time being. Should I bite the bullet and give this a watch even though I never watched anything in any of the other series?

Bad batch is a good series but builds on the earlier shows. It’s effectively a sequel to the clone wars and a prequel to Rebels.
Maybe watch some of the clone wars first disneyplus uk has a list of essential episodes you could maybe start with

khlaylav

Honestly, watching only the first 3-4 episodes of the final season of Clone Wars, then the Siege of Mandalore was good enough. I know there's a lot of good Clone Wars content, and I tried doing a full watch, but could not get past the first few episodes. It's pretty pick and choose early to me.

Disney Analyst

I have a hard time with Clone Wars, I’ve almost gotten through season 1. But we just ploughed through Rebels which was GREAT, and have been watching Bad Batch weekly, and love it. I think you’d be fine to just watch Bad Batch, but I highly recommend Rebels.

doctornick

Fantastic news! I hope we will see Maul and Ashoka and other Star Wars characters in season 2!
See, I hope we don't.

One thing that has disappointed me is when Star Wars gets too "small" and you keep seeing the same characters over and over. It's a vast universe and there's no reason for the same collection of characters to keep popping up. I thought it was a disservice for The Mandalorian season2 to keep having more and more old characters appearing over creating new ones (and originals in season 1 were great).

Rex (and Gregor) make sense for The Bad Batch and I have no problem with some lesser known characters like Cad Bane or Fennec to show up for brief appearances, but I'd rather see new folks and expanding the universe.

IMHO the best way to tie in previous material is to do stuff like visit a planet that's been shown before or to introduce a character of a race that had been used in the past.

doctornick

Wookie Jedi! Wonder if it is the same one who was a youngling in Clone Wars.

So Fall 2022 it says, at least that's something when it comes to a release date. I'm thinking maybe a November timeframe to be between the end of Andor and start of Willow. It's unclear if there will be a Marvel release around that time - Secret Invasion was supposed to be a 2022 release so maybe or a second season or What If?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wookie Jedi! Wonder if it is the same one who was a youngling in Clone Wars.

So Fall 2022 it says, at least that's something when it comes to a release date. I'm thinking maybe a November timeframe to be between the end of Andor and start of Willow. It's unclear if there will be a Marvel release around that time - Secret Invasion was supposed to be a 2022 release so maybe or a second season or What If?

LucasFilm D+ 2022
  • Boba Fett (Dec 29 '21)
  • Obi-Wan (May 27)
  • Andor (Aug 31)
  • Bad Batch second season (Fall)
  • Willow (Nov 30)
[Mando 3 recently announced for Feb 2023]

Marvel D+ 2022
  • Moon Knight (Mar 30)
  • Ms. Marvel (Jun 8)
  • She-Hulk (Aug 17)
  • I Am Groot
  • Werewolf By Night Halloween special
  • GotG Christmas special
  • What If...? Season 2
  • And likely, one more series in the late Fall (Secret Invasion is in post-production now)

doctornick

LucasFilm D+ 2022
  • Boba Fett (Dec 29 '21)
  • Obi-Wan (May 27)
  • Andor (Aug 31)
  • Bad Batch second season (Fall)
  • Willow (Nov 30)
[Mando 3 recently announced for Feb 2023]

Marvel D+ 2022
  • Moon Knight (Mar 30)
  • Ms. Marvel (Jun 8)
  • She-Hulk (Aug 17)
  • I Am Groot
  • Werewolf By Night Halloween special
  • GotG Christmas special
  • What If...? Season 2
  • And likely, one more series in the late Fall (Secret Invasion is in post-production now)
I don’t think they’ve really made any comments about What If coming in 2022 so I am wondering if it is going to slip to 2023. Same with Secret Invasion.

I’d be pleasantly surprised to see either or both drop in 2022 but I’m not convinced.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t think they’ve really made any comments about What If coming in 2022 so I am wondering if it is going to slip to 2023. Same with Secret Invasion.

I’d be pleasantly surprised to see either or both drop in 2022 but I’m not convinced.

As far as live action goes, Secret Invasion is the Marvel series that is furthest in production that doesn't have an announced date yet. So, possible, but it could be 2023.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom