New Animal Attractions for DAK?

Ituri13

Original Poster
Is there anything on the radar about new animal attractions coming into DAK? I'm disappointed that there aren't going to be any new animal exhibits with the EE expansion. There are so many great Himalayan animals that are commonly kept in captivity and are very interesting. Things such as red pandas, snow leopards, takins, gorals, ibex, and Asian black bears.

rainfully

There should be an antarctica section with a huuuuuge penguin exhibit... imagine how crowded it would be in the summer... :lol:
Besides... I love penguins.

tracyandalex

i totally agree, i would absolutely love to see more animals at AK. i think a sea part would be a great addition - with a ride of course :) in fact, i think something like 20K would be nice (i know it probably would never happen, but a person can dream right).

tracy

disneylands

Account Suspended
I think that they should perhaps have a diverse North American Exibit. Like Moose, deer, wolves etc along with desert animals like lizards or something IDK just off the top of my head.

col

ive said it before.........................................

ive said this before: imagine if disney added an alaska or antartica to animal kingdom, imagine all the animals that could be there like killer whales (my faves), penguins, polar bears, walrus's, fish?, dolphins.

the wording " alaska or antartica" would fit in well with africa and asia!

i would LOVE it if animal kingdom added another area with different animals in it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
col said:
ive said this before: imagine if disney added an alaska or antartica to animal kingdom, imagine all the animals that could be there like killer whales (my faves), penguins, polar bears, walrus's, fish?, dolphins.

the wording " alaska or antartica" would fit in well with africa and asia!

i would LOVE it if animal kingdom added another area with different animals in it.
wow, that would have to be a reallly big tank for a killer whale. lol maybe they would have to make that one an AA.

penguins are always cute to watch.

I am the walrus :cool:

i<3disney4ever

im loving the anartica idea!! what about austrailia?? i think that be really kool have some koalas (sp?)& kangaroos a kool dining resturant maybe even a new ride! plus it would be 4 A's for all the different areas that are actual continents (Africa, Asia, Austrailia, Anartica) :lol:

col

jmaxwell007 said:
wow, that would have to be a reallly big tank for a killer whale. lol maybe they would have to make that one an AA.

penguins are always cute to watch.

I am the walrus :cool:

what does AA mean?

col

i<3disney4ever said:
im loving the anartica idea!! what about austrailia?? i think that be really kool have some koalas (sp?)& kangaroos a kool dining resturant maybe even a new ride! plus it would be 4 A's for all the different areas that are actual continents (Africa, Asia, Austrailia, Anartica) :lol:

ive always thought of that "what if animal kingdom added another area called antartica or alaska".
im liking the australia idea: koala bears (cute), kangaroos-animal kingdom already has these (more would be good), australia is famous for its exotic animals snakes, spiders etc (not a good idea). but i am liking that idea. they could have an area thats like australia that has exotic birds in it and an area that can give insight into australia and as a performance they could have abouriganies dancing or using instruments that they use. i would like to see that. australia is famous for so many animals sharks,snakes, spiders, dolphins,kangaroos, koala bears.
the other things they are famous for are the great barrier reef, the bridge, its history etc.

col

disneylands said:
alcoholics anonymous... DUH:hammer: :lol:

I bet you were waiting for that huh?

im sorry was that suppose to be a joke! you should inform people if you are trying to make a joke.

disneylands

Account Suspended
col said:
im sorry was that suppose to be a joke! you should inform people if you are trying to make a joke.

Sorry I thought my smileys would do the trick, but apparently not... so here it goes! THAT PREVIOUS COMMENT I MADE ABOUT AA WAS A JOKE!

Ituri13

Original Poster
No whales. Way too controversial. Animal activists would be all over this. Calgary Zoo is planning an Arctic exhibit with polar bears and seals, and the activists are already giving them problems because they figure beluga whales will be soon to follow, even though they have not made any official mention of adding whales.

At this point I'm not even sure it's safe to add Asian elephants to the collection with all the crap going on about keeping elephants in captivity.

disneywy

jmaxwell007 said:

You could do a tank big enough...Sea World has big tanks with killer whales.

I had always hoped that the area between Asia and DinoLand would be for "the Sea". It seemed logical with the large about of water they could just build off that idea and have that area with water and ocean themed creatures. But it could easily be put into other lands as well.

col

Ituri13 said:
No whales. Way too controversial. Animal activists would be all over this. Calgary Zoo is planning an Arctic exhibit with polar bears and seals, and the activists are already giving them problems because they figure beluga whales will be soon to follow, even though they have not made any official mention of adding whales.

At this point I'm not even sure it's safe to add Asian elephants to the collection with all the crap going on about keeping elephants in captivity.

you just cant win with some people. im sure animal activists would want animals in a safe place than being slaughtered/killed for no reason. in my opinion i would want animals such as polar bears and killer whales etc to be safe from poachers and killers. you see pictures on the news and in the papers about seal cubs being hit and killed with clubs. plus animals are being killed in the sea with polluted water. i dont see any polluted water in animal kingdom and i dont think they would harm any of the animals there.

when i went in may 2005 there was a skull from an antelope on the lions rocks, so would that me:
a) the lions feasted on the animal that was roaming the safari plains as they did this it was put through pain?
b) it was old?
c) it was there for show?
d) nobody cared that the animal was missing?

what choice could it be???????????????????????????????

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Ituri13 said:

Can you imagine the throngs of animal activists at AK? That may be even more entertaining than AK itself. They are entertaining in their own right.

I just read about a Japanese school that served whale curry for lunch. New menu item at EPCOT? Maybe not. I personally think that canned tuna lost it's flavor when they took out the dolphins. :p

P.eople E.ating T.asty A.nimals, thats what PETA stands for, right?

All I know is that Spotted Owls taste just like chicken. :rolleyes:

DB05

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom