New aerial view of the Fantasyland expansion construction site (august 14)

NoChesterHester

You mentioned that it would be a big deal if water from the fountains got into the ground water. Really? It is not like the will be using salt water.

Just curious, your line of work?

Yes, fountains don't drain like stormwater into the earth. Untreated. Fountains have all kinds of nice little additives to keep little Jimmy from getting sick, to kill bacteria from the bag of chips that little Johnny dropped in, stop breeding mosquitoes, etc... Not good stuff for the rivers and streams...

jt04

Just curious, your line of work?

Yes, fountains don't drain like stormwater into the earth. Untreated. Fountains have all kinds of nice little additives to keep little Jimmy from getting sick, to kill bacteria from the bag of chips that little Johnny dropped in, stop breeding mosquitoes, etc... Not good stuff for the rivers and streams...

Jack of all trades.

Actually I believe the 20K lagoon (and it had fountains/water falls) were part of a water control system that could send water directly to the SSL if necessary. Wouldn't it be ironic if environmentalist busybodies got 20K removed?

Perhaps somebody who says I am wrong always will correct me on that. Then I will know more than I did before. :cool:

RunnerEd

Just another line of thinking from someone who as done construction work, though not site or foundation. It is not perfectly clear from the most recent aerial photo but from the ones before that, it looks like this portion of the slab is on "ground" level and not on the roof like the rest of MK. This could simply be the slab for the basement/mechanical area/under the sea area of the ride. That could be why it looks much smaller than any of the other show buildings or the drawings/models that we've seen; it's only part of the building.

orky8

Just another line of thinking from someone who as done construction work, though not site or foundation. It is not perfectly clear from the most recent aerial photo but from the ones before that, it looks like this portion of the slab is on "ground" level and not on the roof like the rest of MK. This could simply be the slab for the basement/mechanical area/under the sea area of the ride. That could be why it looks much smaller than any of the other show buildings or the drawings/models that we've seen; it's only part of the building.

Actually, this pretty well matches the blue print that was leaked. The black areas of the TLM building we can see are the under water portions of the ride and are therefore lower. You can also see where the wood is for the outside edges of the building and presumable the rest of the foundation. For example, on the left side of the photo (south side) you can see there is still much space after the black which is also part of the ride. Same for the West (load and unload) and north, which is where the decent is.

Basically, what is there now looks like the structure for the ride building. I think the yellow sand pretty much outlines the rest of the structure still to be build for the line and the M&G.

ToTBellHop

Actually, this pretty well matches the blue print that was leaked. The black areas of the TLM building we can see are the under water portions of the ride and are therefore lower. You can also see where the wood is for the outside edges of the building and presumable the rest of the foundation. For example, on the left side of the photo (south side) you can see there is still much space after the black which is also part of the ride. Same for the West (load and unload) and north, which is where the decent is.

Basically, what is there now looks like the structure for the ride building. I think the yellow sand pretty much outlines the rest of the structure still to be build for the line and the M&G.
As we know from the DCA version, this actually isn't THAT enormous of a ride. I'm sure it'll be great, but it's not a 10-minute ride like The Haunted Mansion.

RSoxNo1

As we know from the DCA version, this actually isn't THAT enormous of a ride. I'm sure it'll be great, but it's not a 10-minute ride like The Haunted Mansion.

Apparently the ride will be slower than Haunted Mansion. It still probably won't be as long, but it appears each scene could be as dense or denser in terms of content. That in itself is intriguing.

muteki

Using Google Earth to compare the two sites (which is pretty sketchy at best) they appear to be similar in size and shape. It will be easier to tell as construction continues (assuming Google updates the maps of CA like they recently did for FL) but right now they are very similar.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The part that is currently visible with the concrete pad is nowhere near the entire building size. The full size includes all the sand area.

Lee

Adventurer
The foundation you see for Mermaid, is the entire footprint of the ride space. (approx. 14,600 sq.ft)
The queue and m&g space will be outside of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom