New AAA ratings on resorts

captainkidd

Couple of changes for 2012:

Swan and Dolphin are now both 4 diamonds.
Animal Kingdom Lodge is now 4 diamonds.
Kidani Village is 4 diamonds.
Oddly, Wilderness Lodge stays at 3 diamonds. I still can't figure that one out.

DrummerAlly

I'm glad to see that Animal Kingdom Lodge is now 4 diamonds as well. I found it very odd that it was only three. In our opinion, AKL is just as nice of a resort as the YC (the only other deluxe we've stayed at).

Upvote 0

s8film40

I had always heard that AKL could not achieve the four diamond rating due to low light in the lobby, could likely be the same reason for WL. Or could be something else entirely. The thing you have to keep in mind though is the criteria that AAA uses is very different compared to the normal expectations of a WDW visitor. The AAA rating are really meaningless for the Disney hotels. I think AAA actually stretches their rules a little with Disney as there are many things about the Disney hotels that should drop them down to three diamonds.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Not sure if it's Disney or AAA, but a few of the errors in the 2012 brochure:

-A picture of Kiliminjaro Safari is shown on the page for Hollywood Studios.
-A picture of All Star Sports with the description All Star Movies.
-Picture of Pop Century is of the old rooms.
-Picture of Coronado Springs pool is shown on Port Orleans page.
-Wilderness Lodge room picture is of the old design (2005).

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Yacht and Beach have both been 4 diamond for a while, along with the Grand Floridian. The Polynesian, Contemporary and Boardwalk all achieved 4 diamond status within the last 5 years.

sweet, yeah... I love that damn resort. Quick bus to AK and MK, walk to Epcot and DHS. Amazing pool

expensive though

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Couple of changes for 2012:

Swan and Dolphin are now both 4 diamonds.
Animal Kingdom Lodge is now 4 diamonds.
Kidani Village is 4 diamonds.
Oddly, Wilderness Lodge stays at 3 diamonds. I still can't figure that one out.

Congrats to all the resorts mentioned. I'm sure their staff all worked hard to reach the distinction.

As for Wilderness Lodge (which I love) the one thing that distinguishes it in a possibly negative light for a rating service is its "Whispering Canyon" restaurant. That's just a guess but if the judge is not in on the joke or not of a mind to play along, that rating might not go so well.

Upvote 0

bullsforthewin

I had always heard that AKL could not achieve the four diamond rating due to low light in the lobby, could likely be the same reason for WL. Or could be something else entirely. The thing you have to keep in mind though is the criteria that AAA uses is very different compared to the normal expectations of a WDW visitor. The AAA rating are really meaningless for the Disney hotels. I think AAA actually stretches their rules a little with Disney as there are many things about the Disney hotels that should drop them down to three diamonds.

Not true at all....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom