Neverland Ranch = Magic Kingdom?

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
Hey everyone.
I just watched the Michael Jackson special last night on ABC...strange stuff.
Aside from that, when they were showing Michael's Neverland Ranch it looked very familar in aspect to the Magic Kingdom, mostly main street rail road station.

When they showed his railroad it looked exactly like the one in Magic Kingdom.
Did anyone else see this?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Yeah, the train station resembled it, but not completely. Much smaller and the dimensions didn't exactly match up, but yes, resembled it.

Inside Neverland was more like a carnival. I'd think if he were copying anything, it would be Busch Gardens.

SirNim

Totally carnival-esque. I think he was trying to copy Chester and Hester's Dino-RAMA!!:lol: :lol: All the rides looked like amusement park (not theme park) cheap mass-produced clones (Pirate Ship, Carousel, Ferris Wheel, etc.). As for the train, I didn't get to see the station but I saw the train itself... Nah... I don't think it resembled WDWRR too much... :)

Hey! I just realized! Michael Jackson was so enthralled by this that he built it at his own house! What was it?!

The Swiss Family Treehouse!! (without the House)

:lol: :lol: He's such a freak.:)

free9

he is a freak.............. he looks like a cartoon char. maybe next year he will end up in toon town as an attraction:hammer:

EchoOfOphelia

Yes, I thought the same thing! I did a double take and had to think, "Wait a minute, where are they?" Then I saw the hedges cut into the words Neverland and then I though, "Oh yeah, at the LOONEY FARM!"

That was indeed strange stuff and I went back and forth from feeling sorry for him to being truly disgusted. It was disturbing to watch but I couldn't look away... like watching a train wreck.

3rdShiftCM

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
Hey everyone.
I just watched the Michael Jackson special last night on ABC...strange stuff.
Aside from that, when they were showing Michael's Neverland Ranch it looked very familar in aspect to the Magic Kingdom, mostly main street rail road station.

When they showed his railroad it looked exactly like the one in Magic Kingdom.
Did anyone else see this?

I think it looked more like the Disneyland Main Street Station.

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
not that I am trying to defend him in any way, but his life, his upbringin, and his lifestyle have/are/and always be different than anyone elses and I think that is why he so different than anyone else.

MicBat

Originally posted by free9
he is a freak.............. he looks like a cartoon char. maybe next year he will end up in toon town as an attraction:hammer:

Are you kidding!??! Not only would that scare the crap out of the kids, it would scare the crap out of me!!! :eek: :lol:

GaryT977

not that I am trying to defend him in any way, but his life, his upbringin, and his lifestyle have/are/and always be different than anyone elses and I think that is why he so different than anyone else.

If he was a poor guy unable to get any kind of counseling or psychiatric help, I would agree. I can't excuse this kind of behavior from a rich man in his 40's.

What's really sad is that as a result of all of this publicity, his records are selling again. :(

Scooter

I heard Micheal Jackson used to keep a room at one of Disney's deluxe resorts all year round.

Maybe he got tired to going back and fourth so he built his own amusment park.

I'm not sure what to think about that TV special about him.

He seem's to be trying to relive his lost childroom and that's kind of sad.

I felt kind of sorry for him after I watched that...not sure how I would react if I went through what he went through in his life.

Having said all that..I still wouldn't allow MY kids to spend the night at his house. He's just too weird.:hammer:

Mikey4WDW

Michael Jackson

Yes, according to the Travel channel a couple of years ago, and the Concierge at The Grand Floridian Resort, he had a penthouse type suite there at the Grand Floridian with a secret passage way to it.

Mikey4WDW

Michael Jackson

Well, I can't really say anything in his defense but I also don't really judge him either. I know that no celebrity in Hollywood leads a normal life. They have a whole different set of life situations that they deal with. They have problems just as all humans do but It can be much more devistatiing than it would be for us normal middle to upper financial class people. There is now way that any of us can imagine having all the money that he has made and continues to make from royalties, his songs, his merchandising and so on. The reason that some millionaires and celebrities are able to stay sane is that they are lucky enough to find people that they can trust to give them good advice. Take for example Christina Onasis. She is the richest girl in the world; literally. But her family loves her enough to have shield her from everything, and has tried to giver a normal life. Michael Jackson has had no one to shield him from all this.

Mikey4WDW

Michael Jackson

To continue, he has not been able to just go on a regular vacation, or just walk through the city. He has had to have body guards for probably twenty years or so. When he goes shopping he has to go after hours, and he has so much money that price means nothing to him. All I am saying is that none of us will ever have to know that type of life. Yes, most of his behavior lately is disconscerting.

Debbie

I've said this before and I still believe it: Something happened after the Off the Wall album was released. At the time he was just another artist who made a great record. Then, he released Thriller and it was downhill after that. He got more and more eccentric. The 'appearance' of his skin disorder. The whole Jackson family has issues, but Michael's go a few steps further.

free9

have you ever seen micheal and latoya together at the same time...... hmmmmm are they one and the same........

i`m black i`m white yea yea yea:hammer:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Just ONE major difference - Neverland is owned by a weirdo and is a place most "normal" people wouldn't want their children to go to :hurl:

CmdrTostada

Re: Re: Neverland Ranch = Magic Kingdom?

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Just ONE major difference - Neverland is owned by a weirdo and is a place most "normal" people wouldn't want their children to go to :hurl:

Disney is run by a weirdo though

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Re: Re: Re: Neverland Ranch = Magic Kingdom?

Originally posted by Turbogames
Disney is run by a weirdo though
:lol: I can't wait for that documentary to come on 20/20. I sometimes wonder if Martha Stewart should run WDW. It would be just as tyrannical, but the park would always sparkle! (Not that it doesn't already for anyone that works there, it's a joke.) :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom