Never Ridden

meeko_33785

The list has been getting shorter recently.

MK:
Carousell of Progress (seems it's always closed, under rehab, or on reduced hours for the past decades)
Toontown Hall of Fame (Seen all the characters that are usually there in other places with shorter lines)

EPCOT:
Food Rocks (never have time)
The Making of Me (ditto)

MGM:
Rockin Roller Coaster (Not a Coaster Fan)
Playhouse Disney (Uhhh.. no)

AK:
Kali River Rapids (Not a fan of getting wet)
Boneyard (It's a playground, right?)

Elaine

After reading 3 pages of things that people never did I'm shocked. What exactically do all of you DO at WDW. I would think that even the boring ones should be tried at least once. I haven't ever done the thrill rides because I'm to old but The Little Mermaid, Cindy's Golden Carousel...come on people broaden your horizons. Make it your mission to try all of them.

Fido

Originally posted by Elaine
After reading 3 pages of things that people never did I'm shocked. What exactically do all of you DO at WDW. I would think that even the boring ones should be tried at least once. I haven't ever done the thrill rides because I'm to old but The Little Mermaid, Cindy's Golden Carousel...come on people broaden your horizons. Make it your mission to try all of them.

Well I for one would look pretty damn silly on a carousel. :hammer:

What I can't get over are some of the obvious rides that people have missed. The Tiki Room? The Great Movie Ride? C'mon!

durhay

I've been 9 times (83-87,90,95-96,2000,) and I haven't been on
Space Mountain - next time I definately will
Astro Orbiter - those things are too high up
Timekeeper
Magic Carpet 360
Keelboats - unless they are those "floating squares" you take to get to Tom Sawyer island
Kitchen Cabaret
Food Rocks (food should be eaten and not heard)
The new UoE - We went on the original in Jan '83 and haven't been back since. It was long, boring, and stinky but it was cool when the seats started moving.
Journey Into Imagination ride (all versions)
ToT - "next time"
Sound stage show or whatever it's called these days - dunno why
MGM rides since 2000 (of course)
AK (of course)

Michael72688

I can tell you I have been to WDW over 100 time since early 2001 and some of the rides I have never ridden are: ToT, Alien Encounter, Ellens Energy Adventure (dont know if that counts) and some other boring crap at Epcot.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Hey all:

I just wanted to thank you all for responding to my initial post. That's awesome.

And it seems like most people miss the shows, not rides. When I said what "rides" people had never ridden, I only meant rides, not shows. It's interesting to see how different people think differently about things. I do not even include shows to be rides, except for the 3-Ders. And maybe me and the fam are missing out on some good entertainment, but we like the rides and moving around, not sitting and watching a screen. But we will see in the future....

Thanks again guys!

Fido

Originally posted by durhay

Kitchen Cabaret
Food Rocks (food should be eaten and not heard)
The new UoE - We went on the original in Jan '83 and haven't been back since. It was long, boring, and stinky but it was cool when the seats started moving.

Well Food Rocks replaced Kitchen Cabaret. They took an entertaining, charming show (KC) and replaced it with an extremely annoying show (FR). Reminds me a little of JIYI.

Ellen's Energy Adventure is much more entertaining than the original UOE (which I avoided after the first time I saw it), and it's got the sexy Jamie Lee Curtis in it to boot! :slurp:

troberts1

Alien Encounter

We never can find Alien Encounter.we know its close to the astro orbitor but never can seem to find it,we will this year if I have to have someone walk me to it.

Fido

Re: Alien Encounter

Originally posted by troberts1
We never can find Alien Encounter.we know its close to the astro orbitor but never can seem to find it,we will this year if I have to have someone walk me to it.

Just look for the big line. As much as some here dislike it, it attracts lots of people.

RalphieN

Been to WDW at least 10 times in my life (3x since having kids) and we always skipped certain things like Tom Sawyer's Island because it's inconvienient and boring (at least we thought). This last time we went on the Island and had to make deals with the kids to leave. On the last day of our trip, we let the kis pick what they want to do again in MK and go figure, they both picked Tom Sawyer's Island. OK, my kids are weird.

We still have never done a few things in EPCOT but plan on trying something new next time. Each time we go, we try something we've never tried before. It makes it exciting and new everytime. Other than Tom Sawyer, we also tried Big Thunder Mountain and thought it was awesome. We went on 3 times.

djmatthews

Where do I start, I will only include rides that have been in existant during my visits to WDW, obviously there are many that had been and gone beofre I ever visited WDW.

Magic Kingdom
WDW Railroad
Tiki Room
Aladdin
CBJ
Perter Pan
Dumbo
Snow White
Winnie The Pooh
Indy Speedway
Astro Orbitor
Buzz Light Year
Barnstormer

Epcot
It appears that I have been on everything, although in my first visit WoM was been converted into TT.

Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids

MGM Studios
Beauty & The Beast Show
Little Mermaid
Hunchback of Notre Damn

I have also been to DLP twice, and have never ridden:
Dumbo
Astro Orbitor (Or whatever its called)

Considering how many "Dumbo Style" rides are at the Disney parks, I have never been on one! - Strange, but the queues are always soooo long!

I love the water parks, and I think I have been on all the slides and stuff there.

Grumpy56

I found this thread fascinating! Thanks so much for starting it!:)

What surprises me most is that on a board filled with repeat Disney visitors there could be so many people who have missed so much! Imagine all those first timers who are trying to "see it all". Well, good luck! I've been enough that I find it kind of a challenge to find something I've never done, whether you call it a show or a ride.

I don't think there's anything I've never done at MK. I've never done Body Wars, having ridden Star Tours I knew this was not a good idea:hurl: Ditto for the movie in China, Canada showed me the light:hurl: Never made it to Who Wants to be a Millionaire at MGM and I've only been to AK once. At AK I missed It's Tough to Be a Bug, but I did it at the California Adventure, so I think that counts. Also missed the Tarzan and Pocahantas shows there but did all the rides.

Something to ponder.......some of my best times at WDW have been at the smaller, lesser known attractions or the so-called "corny attractions".....what comes to mind right away are....Tom Sawyer Island, COP,and Time keeper, of course!, Cranium Command, the movie in France, (you get to sit down, need I say more?) the Maharaja Jungle Trek at AK. The list goes on. The point is, next time you're walking by someting that you think is just not for you, give it a chance. It could turn out to be the highlight of your trip.

Nintendo18

I've been on almost every ride(this does not include shows) in every park. Exceptions include:
Magic Kingdom:
Country Bears-must have gone on, but too young to remember
Aladdin-new

Epcot-China and France

MGM-every ride, not including Playhouse Disney show(i'm 17, not interested)

Animal Kingdom-Flights of wonder

djmatthews

I think people are all to eager to ride the rides and see the shows. Visitors need to take time out and look at Disney's attention for detail in the architecture, the buildings and theme - it really is fantastic. Also look in the shops, eat in a restaurant, it all adds to that Disney experience!

happydaze

I love this topic! Very interesting.

Disney World fanatics have in common that we come back to the same place again and again (instead of going/vacationing, oh I don't know, someplace new and different!) so I guess it's not surprising that the same goes for the attractions within the parks.

Anyhooz,

Out of 10 trips:

Magic Kingdom - The Timekeeper, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin,
and any of the Main Street vehicles (*every* year we say we're going to go on them and never do)

MGM - Sounds Dangerous (saw the old sound show though), Kiddie show

EPCOT - The Making of Me, Food Rocks (saw the old one from years ago), The Circle of Life, any of the Innoventions crap, The China movie, The American Adventure thing

Animal Kingdom - Bird show, The Boneyard, Pocahontas Show

Never been to Blizzard Beach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom