Never been to Disney Store is it worth it?

knudsos

We are going to WDW in a few weeks and had a few questions about the Disney Store. This is in Downtown Disney correct? Also, do they have alot of princess stuff(probably a dumb question), especially Princess Jasmine. If not, I want to go to any place that does. Do they have dress up, swimsuits, pj's, or more just small novelty stuff? Also where do you find the autograph books for the character's?
Any advice or information would be great.
Thanks

maggiegrace1

World of Disney is at DTD and it has everything you could ask for..

They have a princess room and a whole section on each of the Princess's..

They also have the autograph books and tons of pens to choose from..

It is a great store and I spend lot's of time there when I visit..:)

Have fun!

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

We are going to WDW in a few weeks and had a few questions about the Disney Store. This is in Downtown Disney correct? Also, do they have alot of princess stuff(probably a dumb question), especially Princess Jasmine. If not, I want to go to any place that does. Do they have dress up, swimsuits, pj's, or more just small novelty stuff? Also where do you find the autograph books for the character's?
Any advice or information would be great.
Thanks
I'm sure someone who knows more on this topic will post but I'll share what I do know...
They have alot of princess stuff - what they have specifically I wouldn't be able to tell you.
They have dress up - at least they have princess dress up.
I didn't see much in the way of pjs as I was looking for them myself.
Autograph books can pretty much be purchased at any gift shop/store in the WDW area.

I went to DTD on a Sat. evening - BAD idea. It was packed!!! To be honest I wasn't as impressed with the Disney Store as I thought I would be (this may have been b/c it was so crowded and I found it hard to maneuver around the place). Most of the stuff in there I had seen elsewhere in the "World". I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I actually liked Mouse Gear (a store) located in Epcot - they had a good selection as well.
I hope this helps a little!:wave:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Here's a tip -

The World of Disney at DTD is so large that you (yourself) and your children can become lost.
Arrange a meeting point in case it's needed.

Good luck.
:)

Upvote 0

L Fisher

My whole family likes DTD and you can find things there that you may not find anywhere else...As for your special princess you have the BBB..
Also inside the WOD there is a huge section for girls which had a lot of princess stuff..I'm sure with Halloween around the corner all of their costumes etc will be out with some added extras that aren't available all the time..Have fun on your trip!!!

52 Days and Counting..:sohappy:

Upvote 0

bobjl527

My guess is if you can't find it at World of Disney or any of the other specialty stores at the Market Place, they don't make it. My wife and I can easily spend an entire day there. The Marketplace is HUGE!:D

Upvote 0

danipooh

Don't think that World of Disney at DTD is just like your average Disney Store at the local shopping mall! There is WAY more stuff there, and it's stuff you can only get at WDW. You have to stop there! It's huge!

Upvote 0

mep517

WOD is not to be missed! In fact, my family spends our last day at The World at the Marketplace. We shop, have lunch and take in the last Disney magic we can get before leaving for the airport.

Upvote 0

3IAlienKid

originally posted by danipooh
Don't think that World of Disney at DTD is just like your average Disney Store at the local shopping mall! There is WAY more stuff there, and it's stuff you can only get at WDW
Exactly. Technically, World of Disney is not a Disney Store. With the exception of CD's, expensive collectors pieces, and a few other items, World of Disney sells mainly WDW exclusive merchandise, while the Disney Store sells mainly stuff manufactured exclusively for the Stores. Even before the Disney Store chain was sold off to a non-Disney company a few years ago, WOD was run by an entirely different division of Disney than the Stores, hence the different merchandise.

Upvote 0

tkldisney

It is an awesome store. Definitely plan some time. There are several stores not just World of Disney. We like to go to the marketplace in the evenings after dinner. Have our Ghirardelli sundae & shop, shop, shop.......:ROFLOL:
There are several great restraurants for lunch or dinner too!
You can get autographs at any Disney Resort, all the parks, and yes in WoD.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

wow...i honestly say SKIP THE WORLD OF DISNEY STORE!

the amount of rude people pushing and shoving is not worth it when you can find all of the same merchandise at the Emporium or some other store on Mainstreet! there are SO MANY PEOPLE in the store...I can't even begin to explain how many people are in there! LOTS and LOTS and LOTS! You basically have to stand in line just to browse the shelves! It's soooo not worth it. Not to mention parking at the Marketplace!

Honestly....shop at the Emporium. It's alot calmer and the shelves aren't so tightly packed in there!

My honest opinion....I'll never go back. Just being honest.

Upvote 0

Bug715

I love the World of Disney store. I was actually just there earlier today. It gets pretty crowded at night so I'd advise going earlier in the day. I don't think there are any bathing suits right now because of the time of the year but I could be wrong. You may want to check the Disney Outlet at the Premium outlets. Turn left onto Vineland (i think. I know the name is Vine something) off of 535 and the outlets will be on your right.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom