NEVER AGAIN!

The Magical Genie 123

Original Poster
There is some stuff at Disney World that you just don't like, such as a ride, show, restaurant, etc. But is there anything on property that you will never do again? Is there anything that you just can't stand? It could be a ride, show, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. For me it would be 2: SGE and Tony's Town Square. SGE is just such a bad idea and the whole thing is just odd and boring. It is just plain awful altogether. Bring back Alien Encounter. Much better! TTS has a nice atmosphere, but the food. Blah! :depressed: I think I had the pasta and it tasted way undercooked, and the bread was bland. Later that evening my stomach started getting kind of queasy, so I only went on slower rides for the rest of the night. Is there anything on Disney property that you will never do again?

luv

There isn't anything I refuse to do if someone else really wants me to go with them. I have managed to avoid the (now gone) Pocahontas show, LMA and AI.

I'd rather not repeat Stitch, Pirates (so sue me), the Nemo show and the movies in Norway and America.

AndyS2992

Rides I would prefer not to wait in line for as they suck in my opinion:

Stitch
Ellen
Imagination
Soarin
Any animatronic show
Captain EO
Peter Pan's Flight
Mission Space

I think that's about it.

Last edited:

jw24

My list of must avoids/never agains is pretty huge. Ride wise, I'll probably never ride Ellen's Energy Adventure. It's outdated, takes too long and rather corny. And for food, I'll never eat at ABC Commissary and Lotus Blossom Cafe. Being Taiwanese-American, I do have high expectations for Chinese food and well, the Chinese food they served there was very Americanized. I guess Florida isn't the best state to choose when it comes to Chinese food. But ABC Commissary, I could rant on that all day. Probably my worst meal ever. Their fish and chips was just blech. It was extremely greasy and more battered coating and not enough fish. They changed the menu since my last visit but since the general consensus is to avoid Hollywood Studios QS places at all costs, I'm staying away from any QS place there!

NearTheEars

I loved Lights Motors Action, thought it was an exciting show. I have, though, only seen it once, but it's certainly not a "never again" for me. It's just not a high priority.

I love cars and racing, maybe that's why I'm a little bias.

Still not comfortable saying Never Again, but I probably won't spend too much time are the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. We decided to do it on a rather busy summer day, so it was just like waiting in a long queue made up of stairs. Didn't really get to enjoy the adventure.

Bairstow

Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow: Pointless and almost fascinatingly condescending to its audience. The projection effects, particularly of Johnny Depp are unimpressive, and I'm amazed that that's the best take they got from Mr. Depp to use in the show.

Lotus Blossom Cafe: I have good memories of this place when I was a kid, but the shrimp fried rice I got there this past September was lukewarm and bland, and nasty, with pea-sized shrimp.

Pop Century: Nothing wrong with the value resorts specifically, but the rest of the Disney resorts, even at the moderate level do an admirable job of transporting you to a particular place and time. This thing feels like a large motel six that attempted to eat a particularly ugly miniature golf course. The savings simply aren't worth it.

Ellen's Energy Adventure. I look at it this way: Since walking to the pavilion and seeing the show takes up the better part of an hour, a day at EPCOT is going to be less than 12 hours long and a ticket is about $90, not counting hotel stay, seeing this rickety old thing costs about as much as going to the local cinema and watching Gravity. This isn't a good value.

Lights Motors Action: See above, but add in the fact that I think Michael Bay should be tried for crimes against man and art. I liked this place better when Bea Arthur and Betty White lived there.

Gran Fiesta Tour: In my opinion the most offensive overlay of a ride ever, beating out Stitch's Great Eructation and Journey into Michael Eisner's Imagination. It exemplifies everything wrong with Disney rides today: Screens replacing props, characters where there ought not to be characters, and and an overall trend to discard what was interesting, quiet, and idiosyncratic with a lot of noise and flailing around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom