Nervous about dining

Moana21

Original Poster
Given the rising case levels of covid in Florida, I'm nervous about dining indoors. We have reservations at several TS restaurants, but are thinking of cancelling. We've been several times before, so this isn't a once in a lifetime trip, hence our willingness to perhaps cancel.
Has anyone been recently to these restaurants and can give some insight into table spacing, other protocols, etc.?
Sanaa, 50s Prime Time, Skipper Canteen, Rainforest Cafe (DS). Thanks!

JIMINYCR

We ate at 50's and the section we were seated in was a small side room which had 4 tables. All were filled and being used. We were spaced but I didnt think it was any different than other times we dined there. We dined at Skippers and there was more area spacing out of the tables there. And the night we dined at the Boathouse it was extremely busy and although we were seated in a large dining area, the tables were all occupied and it wasnt apparent that tables were missing or not being used. The Edison was more socially distanced and felt safer. At all dinners our CM's wore masks throughout the time we had contact with them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Given the rising case levels of covid in Florida, I'm nervous about dining indoors. We have reservations at several TS restaurants, but are thinking of cancelling. We've been several times before, so this isn't a once in a lifetime trip, hence our willingness to perhaps cancel.
Has anyone been recently to these restaurants and can give some insight into table spacing, other protocols, etc.?
Assume it if fairly close to normal. Disney is no longer enforcing any kind of COVID protocols and things are rapidly returning to normal crowd levels. I would suggest completely avoiding indoor dining if you are not comfortable.

aliceismad

When are you going? You might look at some of the trip report threads. People often give pretty detailed accounts and photos.

crawale

Perhaps if you are so nervous you should stay home. You might have to stand close to someone in the park so better be home.

JohnD

Have you been vaccinated? In the unlikely event you got COVID, your symptoms would be reduced. Also, nothing is preventing you from wearing a mask. While masks are no longer mandatory, you're certainly free to do so. Finally, in the whole time that WDW opened since July 2020 with the mask mandates, I'm not aware of anyone getting COVID. And if there were very few.

The_Jobu

I haven't been lately, but from what I gather from vloggers and on this forum, it all seems to be in flux right now. They were quite spaced out but some are returning to normal, others are only partially. When is your trip? I think it's only going to get more crowded from this point on.

Nottamus

Not sure when your trip was booked…but there’s Food & Wine at Epcot going on now giving multiple choices for small plate meals.

Sanaa has a “to go” option to grab food and bring back to your room.

We went first week of June and decided going in to skip all TS places this trip. There are many places outdoors to get a good meal—that will still fill you up—and even save some money!

Joesixtoe

I wouldn't stress yourself out over it. If you don't feel comfortable, then enjoy many of the nice quick service restaurants they have, or places that have outdoor seating. Next time you go, hopefully the rates will be lower and you can enjoy those restaurants then. I hope you have a great time.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The OP is a brand-new member who asked a simple question which you did not answer. What was the purpose of your chiming in, other than to be needlessly unkind and unwelcoming?
I think it's absolutely correct, and important for the OP to understand. If he or she is the type of person who is made uncomfortable by dining inside a restaurant, he or she will *almost certainly* be completely overwhelmed by the current conditions at Walt Disney World. I would STRONGLY encourage anyone who has COVID anxiety to save their money stay home.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Also, given the fact that this is the first post from a brand new account that is using in-group abbreviations like "TS" and "DS", I'd put it at about 50% likelihood that this is a fake post from a blogger or "journalist" looking to write a clickbait article along the lines of "With COVID Surging in Florida, DeSantis Under Pressure from Tourism Industry to Reassure Nervous Visitors."

Figgy1

Premium Member
Also, given the fact that this is the first post from a brand new account that is using in-group abbreviations like "TS" and "DS", I'd put it at about 50% likelihood that this is a fake post from a blogger or "journalist" looking to write a clickbait article along the lines of "With COVID Surging in Florida, DeSantis Under Pressure from Tourism Industry to Reassure Nervous Visitors."
Many of us lurked or belonged to other forums before joining

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom