Nervous about dining

ArmoredRodent

"Many of us lurked or belonged to other forums before joining". Sometimes LONG before joining, including before this forum (and most fora) existed. [Remembers the original "sentinel chickens" episode in the 90's; Deb Wills, before she got famous, was mad at me for using that as a handle on an early board.]

yankspy

Given the rising case levels of covid in Florida, I'm nervous about dining indoors. We have reservations at several TS restaurants, but are thinking of cancelling. We've been several times before, so this isn't a once in a lifetime trip, hence our willingness to perhaps cancel.
Has anyone been recently to these restaurants and can give some insight into table spacing, other protocols, etc.?
Sanaa, 50s Prime Time, Skipper Canteen, Rainforest Cafe (DS). Thanks!
I was there three weeks ago and ate at several TS restaurants. I can say that there was zero distancing in most places and they were very busy. As others have stated, if you are nervous about it, I would consider sticking with the numerous QS options available.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
How is the scientific difference between being outdoors in a crowd unmasked and being in a restaurants outdoor unmasked an anti-vax position? Some of us are vaccinated but have kids who are under the age limit for vaccinations.
I made the assumption that OP was vaccinated. Continuing to worry about COVID after you've been vaccinated, indoors or outdoors, says "I don't trust that the vaccine is effective."

Regarding children, they're already at lower risk than a fully vaccinated adult.

Ksearcy

I think it's absolutely correct, and important for the OP to understand. If he or she is the type of person who is made uncomfortable by dining inside a restaurant, he or she will *almost certainly* be completely overwhelmed by the current conditions at Walt Disney World. I would STRONGLY encourage anyone who has COVID anxiety to save their money stay home.
The original post asked very specifically about "table spacing" and "other protocols." That is a very fair and reasonable question. The OP was considering possibly canceling dining reservations, not canceling their entire trip.

tpoly88

i was there yesterday in epcot, went all around the world trying the food and wine. it was not crowded yesterday at all due to the heat, most people were indoors on the rides where possible. the F&W had several areas set up indoors to get out of the heat that were well spaced. after we went to Disney Springs and ate at wine bar george, tables were spaced inside upstairs but the bar was crowded. i mentioned that i had covid a couple weeks ago even though i was vaxed (J&J). i had 3 days of cold symptoms took ivermectin and doxycillin but i caught it early too so the drugs worked well. if your vaxed you probably wont get it (i was at game 6 of the lighting game and a bunch of us got it) BUT you have to consider if you get it, how do you get home, where will you stay for 10 days and do you want to be in the hospital in orlando if you have bad symptoms. given this, if your nervous stay home because you are not going to enjoy yourself and especially if you wear a mask in this heat. there were people yesterday looked like they were going to pass out as they couldnt breath. Disney will be there go next year or when the numbers fall. There were 73,000 new cases in the last week in FL, 5000 of those went to the hospital and 95% of the 5000 were not vaccinated. the 5% of break through cases are not people going on ventilators the majority are getting symptoms for a few days and done, most just went to the hospital for treatment. for example if i went and got the monoclonal infusion i would have been one of the 5%. so the vaccines work to keep it from being bad but you have to make that decision yourself. i dont know your health or conditions (heart, diabetes, etc) and that makes a big difference so do what you feel is correct for you and your family.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The original post asked very specifically about "table spacing" and "other protocols." That is a very fair and reasonable question. The OP was considering possibly canceling dining reservations, not canceling their entire trip.
What I'm telling you is that the ENTIRETY of Walt Disney World is less COVID-cautious than unspaced tables.

Artemicon

The tables are mostly pre-covid in their spacing. Take comfort in knowing that Florida has been one of the best states for handling COVID and getting people back to working safely. If you're still worried, and it will ruin your vacation to eat indoors, try to find outdoor locations to eat. If you're vaccinated you don't have much to worry about though, and if you're a healthy individual you don't have much to worry about even if you're not vaccinated (statistically speaking). Enjoy your trip!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Fluid dynamics is a thing. If you have an account on one of the research index sites, you may want to dig up some studies of airflow and pathogen distribution. Hint: some relevant studies were published during H1N1 and Inf A.
My position is not about transmission. It's about the efficacy of the vaccine in preventing illness even if transmission occurs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Most WDW restaurants are still at 50% capacity, largely due to staffing issues. Some restaurants on property offer outdoor seating (which I wish Disney had done more of in general) and might be worth considering. Boathouse is a favorite.
Agree…springs is good for outdoor seating. A bit hot…but you’re in Florida
Also, given the fact that this is the first post from a brand new account that is using in-group abbreviations like "TS" and "DS", I'd put it at about 50% likelihood that this is a fake post from a blogger or "journalist" looking to write a clickbait article along the lines of "With COVID Surging in Florida, DeSantis Under Pressure from Tourism Industry to Reassure Nervous Visitors."
Yeah…no

and even if you’re right - who cares? It’s a legit hypothetical question…at a minimum

Given the rising case levels of covid in Florida, I'm nervous about dining indoors. We have reservations at several TS restaurants, but are thinking of cancelling. We've been several times before, so this isn't a once in a lifetime trip, hence our willingness to perhaps cancel.
Has anyone been recently to these restaurants and can give some insight into table spacing, other protocols, etc.?
Sanaa, 50s Prime Time, Skipper Canteen, Rainforest Cafe (DS). Thanks!
I had lunch at Sanaa on July 10. Parties were spread out fine for me (roughly like every other table or so). But if you’re going to be waiting in indoor lines for rides surrounded by mostly unmasked guests, that seems to me like a similar level of possible exposure. Also, I agree with other posters who have suggested the many outdoor dining options and/or getting table service food to go as good alternatives.

Finally, a little info to let you know where I’m coming from ... we were at WDW July 5 - 11 and had a great time. We were both vaccinated (Moderna) and felt comfortable not wearing our masks. I had planned to put my mask on when inside near others who were masked just to be sort of extra cautious and considerate, but that didn’t come up often at all because I didn’t see a lot of mask wearing. Then once I got back home, I was sick for about a week with cold symptoms. I felt too bad to go get tested at first, and then by the time I felt better I figured I was past the ideal testing time, so I’ll never know what I had. I did look back and wish universal indoor masking had been in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom