Nemo's Undersea Adventure Photos (7/4)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Here's the cream of the crop from a ton of photos I took on July 4th of the new Nemo ride (Nemo's Undersea Adventure) at the Living Seas.

Everything needed photoshop to be visible, i'm very happy I went back during EMH when they turn the tank lights off, because those are the best photos (as the ambient light is not causing problems).

So.. an overview (ignore the reflection in the glass) to give you an idea of scale, this photo shows the walkway to the main observation deck with the ride, worklights on, glowing underneath.

100_1674.jpg

You can see, from left to right, some wooden construction, pools of light from the overhead worklights, and also the roundish shapes of the vehicle bases and then the side wall of the unload walkway.

This is the screen/wall thing in the section under the main circular observation deck. If anything, it's something mounted seemingly obscuring the direct view of the tank..

100_1651.jpg

Exit area again..

100_1646.jpg

Closer up..

100_1667.jpg

Moreso.. Look.. 2x4.. fascinating..

100_1671.jpg

And again.. I a see a ride vehicle base!

100_1655.jpg

And the exit walkway wall thing again..

100_1657.jpg

Hope you folks enjoy it. I might post the other photos, blurry-yeti-spotting-like and all depending on how my bandwidth usage goes. Those might have to wait. If anything, look for write-ups of all the other findings from my July 4th trip at www.touringplans.com and as usual i'll post the bigger news here too.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks merf.

i think this is one of those "stare at the photo long enough then the image will pop out at you" kind of things. i really cant see the vehicle base, butmost of what is described. i usually over complicate things like this :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Visual aid:

Here's one of the above photos with the vehicle base traced around the visible edge in yellow, and the 2x4 rail thingy in red.

show1.jpg

They're circular, but don't show up as perfect circles because they're covered in a protective plastic. Moreso thicker plastic than shrink-wrap, so it folds and bends and creates an odd silloutte. They're all attached, omnimover style, hence the scallop look.

Once you can see it in the first photo, you can find them in the others. They're in a happy little line leading toward the unload. The angle may seem odd, but remember i'm shooting down through water from the second floor to the first floor and 2 giant sheets of acrylic. The 2x4 is in reality at something akin to a right angle and the vehicle bases are pretty much flat disks.

KevinPage

Merf,

I appreciate the effort, but you could have told me those were photos of aliens from another planet and I would have to believe you. Just looks like green blurriness to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
gotcha merf. now that you explain a little more clear. i can see it...... as stated in some of your other threds on this topic, ill be there sept 23rd - 30th so i hope for soft openings

:D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I need to find a way to sneak an underwater camera with me next time I do divequest

Slowjack

You missed nothing

ksccar said:
Yay for the sea cabs:sohappy: Unfortunately I was never able to ride the previous version before they closed it...:(
Well, you can easily reproduce the experience...first, get inside a car in the Haunted Mansion, and then right before you get to the first scene, tell yourself the ride's over.

Seriously, although I am sometimes one of those "arg! I can't believe they tore down my favorite!" types myself, if anyone ever tells you the original Seacabs "ride" is something to be lamented, just nod politely and back away...back away...:)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The concept was neater than the execution. Riding through an aquarium was cool and with the full experience made sense.. when things started to get cut, it stopped being fun.

About the pics.. i'm really not the only one who can see the structures in those pics, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom