'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

Disney Analyst

This show has declined over the years. It previously had an excellent pre-show (4 for a dollar), the dove release, and did it have some pyro at one point?

I know I am way off track here now, my sole point is the reality is... Finding Nemo really doesn't need much tweaking, not when we look at shows on property that REALLY do.

I mean... the 1992 Disneyland version of the show outshines the 2021 DHS version...

If anything... tweak Finding Nemo and BATB. Lord knows WDW deserves more love when it comes to the shows being updated/changed out more often.

Figments Friend

So basically a watered down version.
My prediction will be no live singing, little to no equity and a much shorter show.

This.

Think 'onstage puppet presentation' with pre-recorded voices and music.
Performers handle the character puppets that have been used previously, and go through the 'motions in their ocean' for a 20/25 minute musical condensed 'book report' show.

Easy to make that happen with what is already there.

-

Phil12

I always bring one. When I brought extra for siblings, they looked at me like I was crazy, but... they eventually appreciated it.

They're especially handy for when you grab some food and find a place to sit on the ground for the parade or fireworks and have a little picnic waiting for the show.
Stand up, move forward, fill in all the space.

TrainsOfDisney

Not sure if I was tired from the heat back in 2017 but I could barely stay awake during it. The previous time I’m 2010 was great.
The cast could make a huge difference. I really wish Disney would be required to put up cast boards like other equity productions.

MrPromey

I know I am way off track here now, my sole point is the reality is... Finding Nemo really doesn't need much tweaking, not when we look at shows on property that REALLY do.

I mean... the 1992 Disneyland version of the show outshines the 2021 DHS version...

If anything... tweak Finding Nemo and BATB. Lord knows WDW deserves more love when it comes to the shows being updated/changed out more often.

Seems there's a general trend that isn't exclusive to shows...

DCBaker

Premium Member
Statement from the Actors Equity Association -

“‘Finding Nemo — The Musical’ has been a 100% Equity-contracted entertainment since it opened in 2007, showcasing the unique talents of our members, and Walt Disney World has indicated that the new entertainment will continue exclusively on an Equity contract,” Russell Lehrer, assistant eastern regional director of Actors Equity Association, said in a released statement Tuesday.

“The shared appreciation and commitment to featuring Equity performers in the parks to delight guests is a long-standing one for our union and Walt Disney World,” he said. “And we have seen a steady increase in Equity contracts in the parks since the reopening in line with the company’s extended hours and capacity.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
and Walt Disney World has indicated that the new entertainment will continue exclusively on an Equity contract,”

Yeah, but someone posted on the internet that the CEO is combing over that stage's financials and is fuming he's spending too much on equity actors and so the production will definitely morph into lip syncing CMs holding up cardboard cut-outs of the characters. So, obviously, that's what will happen.

matt9112

There is absolutely zero chance that the CEO of the Walt Disney Company is making operational decisions this miniscule.

He could have however dictated a direction...ala clear equity overhead as much as possible in parks and resorts period. Hes not making the decision but setting the expectations.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

“‘Finding Nemo — The Musical’ has been a 100% Equity-contracted entertainment since it opened in 2007, showcasing the unique talents of our members, and Walt Disney World has indicated that the new entertainment will continue exclusively on an Equity contract,” Russell Lehrer, assistant eastern regional director of Actors Equity Association, said in a released statement Tuesday.

“The shared appreciation and commitment to featuring Equity performers in the parks to delight guests is a long-standing one for our union and Walt Disney World,” he said. “And we have seen a steady increase in Equity contracts in the parks since the reopening in line with the company’s extended hours and capacity.”

Curiouser and curiouser

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Color me surprised. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised. This is good news.

TrainsOfDisney

Color me surprised. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised. This is good news.
Little Mermaid was equity but only had 1 equity performer. They could still end up with a much smaller equity cast.

I do think that Disney wants more shows they run constantly so it may be they are wanting to simplify and shorten the show for that reason. That I would be all for since it means that more guests could see the show and not have to plan around a few showtimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom