Need to complain to POR!

Disneyland1970

Original Poster
I did a search but did not find any help with my question

Can anyone recommend the best way to complain about a bad experience at POR last week? My Mom and Dad live about 45min form WDW and are PAP holders. They are down MANY times a month for daily trips and often spend 1 or 2 nights for special occasions or just to get out of the house. They were down last Thurs thru Sat for my Mom's birthday! They have stayed at almost every WDW resort, all but AK lodge! Well they love POR for the location, atmosphere and the boat to DTD.. they have stayed many times and WAS the resort of choice. Upon Check-IN the CM said they were staying in Magnolia Bend, well my Mom asked why ,she stated they had paid the couple of bucks more for Gator Bayou... They had also requested a room closer to the main building if possible, for ease of walking. The cm finally put them in building 15. Which was fine with my parents, but they wondered why they had to fight for room they had reserved already??

Upon getting to the room, it was in very bad shape.. Bed Spread Dirty, big chunk out of wall, and just was not up to the normal Disney standard. Well they took the Boat to DTD for dinner and went back to the room for a good nights sleep, The next day they got up early. got ready and headed to the Main building for breakfast. On the walk to the restaurant, the grounds were filthy, Pizza boxes laying in the bushes, trash cans overflowing and the pathway just messy!

After a fun day at the MK, they returned back to the room to change for dinner at Y&Bclub. MMMM Good Steaks! Anyway, The room was cleaned, but not clean. The carpet looked to have not been vacuumed and all the towels were not replaced. Also the trash can outside the room was still overflowing from the night before. After a call to Housekeeping these things were handled, but why did they have to call?? This is Disney not a Motel 8.

I had called three times from my home to get a Signed Mickey Birthday card delivered to my Mom. My Dad called the front desk twice and upon check out, still no card. The CM at the front desk told my Dad that Mickey only comes in once a day and they probably missed him! The overall experience was just not up to Disney standards, and being my parents have been staying at Disney Resorts for over 40 years. they were very upset at the very poor service and attitude of the CM and Manager they talked to. So they have asked me to ask you guys what would be the best way to complain? They do not want anything returned or credited, they want the issues resolved so this does not happen in the future to someone else. They kept saying, what if this was our first trip? We would think how Disney is!

Please help! Thanks

Gail Hayden

Disneyland1970 said:
I did a search but did not find any help with my question

Can anyone recommend the best way to complain about a bad experience at POR last week? My Mom and Dad live about 45min form WDW and are PAP holders. They are down MANY times a month for daily trips and often spend 1 or 2 nights for special occasions or just to get out of the house. They were down last Thurs thru Sat for my Mom's birthday! They have stayed at almost every WDW resort, all but AK lodge! Well they love POR for the location, atmosphere and the boat to DTD.. they have stayed many times and WAS the resort of choice. Upon Check-IN the CM said they were staying in Magnolia Bend, well my Mom asked why ,she stated they had paid the couple of bucks more for Gator Bayou... They had also requested a room closer to the main building if possible, for ease of walking. The cm finally put them in building 15. Which was fine with my parents, but they wondered why they had to fight for room they had reserved already??

Upon getting to the room, it was in very bad shape.. Bed Spread Dirty, big chunk out of wall, and just was not up to the normal Disney standard. Well they took the Boat to DTD for dinner and went back to the room for a good nights sleep, The next day they got up early. got ready and headed to the Main building for breakfast. On the walk to the restaurant, the grounds were filthy, Pizza boxes laying in the bushes, trash cans overflowing and the pathway just messy!

After a fun day at the MK, they returned back to the room to change for dinner at Y&Bclub. MMMM Good Steaks! Anyway, The room was cleaned, but not clean. The carpet looked to have not been vacuumed and all the towels were not replaced. Also the trash can outside the room was still overflowing from the night before. After a call to Housekeeping these things were handled, but why did they have to call?? This is Disney not a Motel 8.

I had called three times from my home to get a Signed Mickey Birthday card delivered to my Mom. My Dad called the front desk twice and upon check out, still no card. The CM at the front desk told my Dad that Mickey only comes in once a day and they probably missed him! The overall experience was just not up to Disney standards, and being my parents have been staying at Disney Resorts for over 40 years. they were very upset at the very poor service and attitude of the CM and Manager they talked to. So they have asked me to ask you guys what would be the best way to complain? They do not want anything returned or credited, they want the issues resolved so this does not happen in the future to someone else. They kept saying, what if this was our first trip? We would think how Disney is!

Please help! Thanks
Write to the resort mgr.
Towels are not replaced daily unless you put them in the tub. There is a card explaining the conservation effort in every room (normally). As to the slobs that trashed the grounds, well, they don't pick up 24/7. I hate people who litter and make a mess.
The rest of your complaints do deserve definitely deserve attention.
Here is the address:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disney's Riverside Resort is located at 1251 Dixie Drive, PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. Phone 407-934-6000, Fax 407-934-5777.[/font]

dixiegirl

wow.... i guess i'm kinda speachless... which is a first... gee and my family and i are going down in nov and bringing a family member who has never staed inside the park before, and we always stay at por and in the bayou section.....still speechless, i thought that they were in the middle of a rehab??

tj229er

I just went a couple weeks ago and everything seemed fine to me. Must have just been a couple of rooms still messed up.

BwanaBob

I have never had really good luck with Alligator Bayou... same situations.

They are still in the process of renovating the rooms in Magnolia Bend (buildings 80-95... they are currently in 95 / Parterre Place).

POR is my fail-safe resort as well...same reasons.
Your parents (no-one) should settle for the room if they feel it is not up to standards. This has happened many times to me and my family. POR, AKL, All-star,... the desk CM assigns me to a room (lately, the rooms have not been ready nowhere near check-in times) and upon entering I realize I got a 'back-up'. However, I have never had a problem...and neither has the mgr's or other CM's...assigning to a different room. This just happened to me during my stay the week prior to the Meet! They will re-assign you if you wish in most cases; unless the resort if full to capacity. This rarely happens though, as they will always need to keep a few rooms available even during peak season, for issues such as this.

FYI... 'water-view' at any resort can mean: Lake view, River view, POOL view (and this is taken seriously!... if you can see the pool area = water-view!) , and in some cases... canal view (sheesh!). This, too, can be disputed... but you are much better off analyzing the room's interior first.

Also... most utility work (groundskeeping) is done very early in the morning. From 2-3 am till sun-up. It's possible the trash can appear after the crews have serviced those areas. But that is still no excuse why any passing CM can't address those issues.

mickeyman65

Try this

I had a problem a couple of years ago with the Thunder Mountain ride. I went to the library and they found an address for me...I wrote to the address and a month later I got a responce...they wanted me to call them the problem so they could fix the problem...they were very helpful and understand...here is the address...

Walt Disney World Co.
Post Office Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000

Disneyland1970

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice and info. I will get a letter off asap! I am very curious to see how the management handles this. All of us stayed at POFQ a couple of months ago for my birthday and had nothing but a wonderful time! I know it was right after the rehab, so the room was not an issue. My parents stayed at FQ again a few weeks later and were even given the same room they had requested at check out on our trip. The CM's were very MAGICAL, not like the ones at POR on this trip.

Thanks Again :wave:

Disneyland1970

Original Poster
mickeyman65 said:
I had a problem a couple of years ago with the Thunder Mountain ride. I went to the library and they found an address for me...I wrote to the address and a month later I got a responce...they wanted me to call them the problem so they could fix the problem...they were very helpful and understand...here is the address...

Walt Disney World Co.
Post Office Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000

Hey I just noticed this while getting the address!

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

TURKEY

The prices are the same for Alligator Bayou and for Magnolia Bend.

The difference in the prices are Standard Rooms, Water View, and King Beds (Water and Kings are $15 more per day).

Also keep in mind that any requests (non-smoking, building, floor, theme, location) are just requests.

I think that the only resorts that have preferred buildings are the All-Stars, Pop, Caribbean, and Coronado. Other than that, there is nothing saying that you can't be stuck back in the farthest building.

flyersmv

dont get me wrong on this one...i agree 100% on what you are saying about this not being disney standerds......but dont forget nobody is perfect and disney couldnt be picking stuff up and emptying trash cans all day....i agree it shouldnt be like that but ya just havta relieze nobody is perfect......it was pretty bad luck that your parents got stuck with bad service the whole time....it seemed like everything went wrong......

I imagine that there have been cutbacks, cutbacks and hey, more cutbacks... When my family stayed at Riverside last September we were appauled to find dirty bedsheets and garbage bags practically right outside of our doors when we arrived!! When we got back from Pleasure Island that night, they were still there! We called to let them know about it at the front desk that night. The next morning? Still there. At least they were gone by the time we came back from the parks that day. Still, very disturbing! Like I said before. I'd hate to be the person that has to clean a whole building in just a couple of hours... Cutbacks :(

Gucci65

We stayed at POR (Alligator Bayou) last December and found it to be littered with trash as well. In fact, there was a pair of drawers on the bridge that remained there for the entire length of our visit (I have posted this before). :lookaroun

Kadee

Gucci65 said:
We stayed at POR (Alligator Bayou) last December and found it to be littered with trash as well. In fact, there was a pair of drawers on the bridge that remained there for the entire length of our visit (I have posted this before). :lookaroun
EEEEEWWWWW!!!!! Keep your knickers on, people!!! :p I hate to think that POR has gone down that much since our stay there in 2000. It was immaculate then. We were in Oak Manor (nonsmoking room) and had our best Disney experience ever there. It is one of the most beautiful and peaceful resorts on Disney property. It is such a shame that you all had bad experiences. I really hope Disney does something about this and makes it the great place that it once was.

Kadee

I am curious; did you get in touch with them? If so, what did they do? I just want to know if they did anything about it. I really hope so. It really is a nice resort and I would love to see it as clean as it was the last time I was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom