Need some pixie dust...

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey, all. I deliberated about posting this, but I really do believe in the power of prayer/positive thoughts.

Tomorrow, my brother will undergo the first of a couple of tests to determine what is the "something" blocking his pancreas. I'm sure you know as well as I do that if it's bad, it's VERY bad. But there's a 10% chance that whatever it is, is something that is fixable and nothing to worry about. I'm counting on him being a ten-percenter!!! ;)

We're what's known as "Irish twins", only 16 months between us, and he's my only sibling. He retired one month ago after 26 years on the police force, and is a former Marine who served in Kuwait during the first Gulf War.

Anyway, I've seen some cool things happen for people who've posted here requesting prayers, positive thoughts, pixie dust..whatever you want, whatever you can do. At this point, we're just praying that it's nothing, or at least "not the worst".

Thanks for whatever good wishes you can send our way. And I'll let y'all know the outcome next week, or whenever we get it.

ratherbeinwdw

Hey, all. I deliberated about posting this, but I really do believe in the power of prayer/positive thoughts.

Tomorrow, my brother will undergo the first of a couple of tests to determine what is the "something" blocking his pancreas. I'm sure you know as well as I do that if it's bad, it's VERY bad. But there's a 10% chance that whatever it is, is something that is fixable and nothing to worry about. I'm counting on him being a ten-percenter!!! ;)

We're what's known as "Irish twins", only 16 months between us, and he's my only sibling. He retired one month ago after 26 years on the police force, and is a former Marine who served in Kuwait during the first Gulf War.

Anyway, I've seen some cool things happen for people who've posted here requesting prayers, positive thoughts, pixie dust..whatever you want, whatever you can do. At this point, we're just praying that it's nothing, or at least "not the worst".

Thanks for whatever good wishes you can send our way. And I'll let y'all know the outcome next week, or whenever we get it.
I'll be praying.

NYwdwfan

Sending pixie dust his way!!! Someone who is brave enough and selfless enough to serve our country and protect the freedoms all of us enjoy and treasure so deeply deserves to have only the best of things come their way. Looking forward to hearing good news soon. :)

dopeylover

Pixie dust and prayers. I just wanted to let you there are positive outcomes. At 8 yrs. old, they found a blockage on my sisters pancreas they determined to be cancer. It is very rare that an 8 yr. old girl would have that, so we all were very worried. She had a hard year, but my sister is now healthy and 25 yrs. old. The only evidence of her illness is surgical scars and having to take aspirin daily. I'm not saying in any way that is what is going on with your brother, I just wanted to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Praying for you and your family.

sweetpee_1993

Oh man! And here we were happily chatting away last night! Wish I'd known! Of course your brother and all the family will be in my prayers. All my love, sweetie! I feel ya. My brother (18 mos older) makes me insane sometimes but I love him like no other. :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Kelly, I was almost going to throw it out to our cruise gals at the end of the chat, but didn't want to bring us all down. ;)

Thanks, Di, and Jess.

Today's a colonoscopy, Thursday is the "big day" where they'll go in and start to determine what "it" is. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm still optimistic. There are about a half-dozen things it could be without being the worst.

Ariel484

You and your family will be in my thoughts this week, Siobhan. I'm praying for a good outcome for all of you. *hug*

wiigirl

Good thoughts and prayers...heading your way...
75.gif

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Shannon, thanks... While reading your princess half marathon report ages ago, I couldn't help but think of me and my bro, so I know you are relating. Appreciate the hug. ;)

@wiigirl, @vitani88, thanks ladies, I really do believe that the more positive thoughts, the likelier a positive outcome, and I'm grateful for you.

Ariel484

Shannon, thanks... While reading your princess half marathon report ages ago, I couldn't help but think of me and my bro, so I know you are relating. Appreciate the hug. ;)

Absolutely. I'll be thinking lots of good thoughts for you, your bro and the rest of your family tomorrow morning. :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you all, my wonderful WDWMagic friends, so much for your support, prayer, positive thoughts, pixiedust...we have a good outcome!!!

Dr. took 4 polyps out of his colon on Tuesday, all of which were benign. Today, he removed the growth that was blocking his pancreas, and though it hasn't been tested yet, Dr. said that based on all he's seen in his years of experience, he is 99.99% certain that this is benign, as well, and nothing to worry about.

Last week, when my brother first called to tell me about this and asked me for transport, he'd looked on WebMD and seen info about pancreatic cancer, and pretty much decided that's what he was going to have, and figured that he didn't have long to live. I immediately launched in to a speech on the "power of positive thinking" and how important it would be until he got a "negative" diagnosis. And though it took me a couple of days, I posted here to ask you all for some positive thinking. And you all came through!!

I picked up a different brother at the hospital than the one I dropped off, he was giddy with pleasure at the results. But the best part of the day was--I got the great satisfaction of being able to say, "I told you so" to my little brother. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom