Need some advice......

natolij02

So we are going in August and are slated to arrive on a Sunday. We initially thought about flying in on saturday and paying just a room rate for that night and kick off sunday fresh and rested and early. After checking flights, it seems like flying out friday is MUCH cheaper for us. So my questions are

1. If I stay off property for Friday and Saturday night does anyone recommend a modest priced hotel in the universal/seaworld area as we would probably go there on Saturday.

2. I did the name your price thing on priceline.com and I plugged in $38.00 a night for a 4 star hotel.....how legit is this?

3. I am looking for any advice/experiences from people who have used priceline name your own price for hotels, cars and flights. I am not familar with how priceline works and I am a bit skeptical about it!

Any info would be great.....thanks in advance:wave:

NewfieFan

I can't speak for myself but I know that my best friend's boyfriend used it to get all their hotels for their California trip. I never heard any complaints from them and they stayed in some pretty nice hotels for great prices! I'm sure someone on here has some experience using it themselves.

Have a great vacation!:wave:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

1. If I stay off property for Friday and Saturday night does anyone recommend a modest priced hotel in the universal/seaworld area as we would probably go there on Saturday.

Just to clarify - Universal and SeaWorld are at opposite ends of International Drive - several miles apart and not in the same area. I'd stipulate which of the two you propose to visit on Saturday night - it helps others narrow down the hotel search area

Upvote 0

hokielutz

2. I did the name your price thing on priceline.com and I plugged in $38.00 a night for a 4 star hotel.....how legit is this?

3. I am looking for any advice/experiences from people who have used priceline name your own price for hotels, cars and flights. I am not familar with how priceline works and I am a bit skeptical about it!

Any info would be great.....thanks in advance:wave:

If you already "bid" a price of $38 on priceline.... you will have to live with it if the bid is successful. On the bright side, it really could turn out to be a nice 4 star hotel. All one really needs is a clean room and semi-comfortable bed to rest on between parks. But, as stated before... there are no refunds or modifications allowed if win your bid.

Upvote 0

natolij02

Original Poster
Just to clarify - Universal and SeaWorld are at opposite ends of International Drive - several miles apart and not in the same area. I'd stipulate which of the two you propose to visit on Saturday night - it helps others narrow down the hotel search area

thank you for clarifying.....probably at sea world as our daughter will be 2 1/2 and I think she would enjoy that a little more than universal. I have never been to either so I am not sure but most likely it would be sea world. I got the impression they were near each other based off of priceline when I tried to look or hotels they grouped those 2 together on their map.

Upvote 0

JuliaGulia

Sea World is a lot of fun. It is smaller than Disney and is great for a relaxing park day. There are a lot of unique dining experiences that your daughter would love. My favorite is the Makahiki luau, but there is also lunch with Shamu. The dolphin show is great for kids because of all the jumps and constant action. There is a really nice hotel right across the parking lot from Sea World, the Renaissance Resort. It is beautiful and very close, but a little pricey.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom