need places to watch fireworks outside park

SewIn2Disney

If you're staying at Pop Century, head over to the 50's building, top floor, and you can see Illuminations from there. No music though, but it was still pretty cool. It's awesome to see the lights on SSE go off before Illuminations, then come back on afterwards. SSE looks strange without lights on at night.

Tuddle

for those of you who want to miss the crowds you can see the fireworks on state road 429, plus a great view of the whole property

Magicmyway

Hey! To answer your questions the best views Ive seen it from were the beach at the polynesian see MK. The boardwalk where you can see epcots and here's a neat way: there's a seafood restaurant at the Grand Floridian on a pier where they have speakers to hear the music for the fireworks. It's great and small crowd with a grassy area to sit.

Videoteck

Robfasto said:
2 of the best spots I know for the Magic Kingdom:

4th Floor of the Contemporary Resort at the Fireworks viewing area on the North end of the resort, very nice and has the music playing also.

I strongly agree.
No reservations needed.
Since youll be near there maybe you should try the Concoarse Steakhouse.

kap91

In regards to the Bay Lake boat cruise, I tried doing that for my parents anniversary and without any food it was $300. Although at the time (September 2005) Disney said you couldn't get food at all-just drinks. I ended up sending them to the California Grill and they loved it. It really is too bad that you can't go up on the balcony up there any more unless you are eating there. I remember going up there during the day 5 or 6 years ago and it was really cool.

SpenceMan01

kap91 said:
In regards to the Bay Lake boat cruise, I tried doing that for my parents anniversary and without any food it was $300. Although at the time (September 2005) Disney said you couldn't get food at all-just drinks. I ended up sending them to the California Grill and they loved it. It really is too bad that you can't go up on the balcony up there any more unless you are eating there. I remember going up there during the day 5 or 6 years ago and it was really cool.
It got to the point where there were so many people up there that weren't there to eat. People trapesing though the restaurant in swimsuits, etc. to catch a glimpse of the fireworks ruined the atmosphere of the restaurant and inhibited the enjoyment of the restaurant patrons.

CP_alum08

You can also stand on the walkway between the Contemporary and BLT. They play the music and depending on when you watch the show, either before or after, the Water Parade goes right behind you so all you have to do is turn around to see that.

kippandnora

From the beach at Fort Wilderness , get a bottle of wine at the store , or other favorite beverage , and pick a beach chair . and the music is piped in .

ezralou

Any updates for Wishes viewing outside parks?

I did a search and found this thread. We have done GF right outside Narcoosee's on the grass- no music last year as I recall but a great view. How crowded/how early do you have to get to either the Beach at Poly or the Contemp-BLT walkway to view? Thanks!

Miketic

For watching Wishes, any of the surrounding resorts (Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, and Polynesian). For Illuminations, anywhere on the boardwalk. When I go to watch and there isn't any music, I have the soundtrack of the entire show on my phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom