Need info on taking a cab to a grocery store when we arrive at WDW...

Jasper Dale

my wife and i are going for 10 days in september, but to pull it off, we are going to have to cut a lot back on our spending. we are staying at All Star Sports, and want to spend as little money as possible on food in the parks.

i am thinking about taking a taxi to the nearest Wal Mart or somewhere that sells Styrofoam coolers as well as groceries. i want to get just a few things which would need to be kept chilled, maybe some turkey and cheese for sandwiches and a few other things.

how difficult will it be for us to get a taxi to and from the store?

figuring that we will spend no more than 30 minutes shopping, can anyone give me an estimate of how long it will take to make the trip there and back?

around how much should we expect to pay for the taxi?

will we be able to get picked up right in front of the main building at All Star Sports?

will we able to request one of those cart thingies you put your luggage on to put our groceries on it and push it to the room?

thanks so much for any help you can give me!

:)

tizzo

If for some reason you do opt to skip delivery, I know there's a Walmart off Osceola Parkway just a few miles off property. I'm not sure just where All-Star Sports is, but if it's in the vicinity of Wide World of Sports, then it's right off of Osceola and shouldn't be more than 5 or 10 minutes each way to the Walmart. I don't know what this would translate into in cab fare.

Upvote 0

Ann Joyce

I see you are going in September. Hopefully you took advantage of the free dining offer. Then you could use your counter service for your lunch. We always buy breakfast because for us that would be the least expensive. We were down in June and used Garden Grocery. The delivery fee was 12.00 for our 70.00 order. They were wonderful!
Good luck and have a Magical Time.

Upvote 0
I've done this numerous times. A couple of options. Instead of a cooler, rent a room fridge. They're $10 a day I think.

Also I've used gardengrocer.com on numerous trips while staying at All Star Music. They're prompt, courteous, and will leave your groceries with the concierge. Also, if you purchase a decent amount, there is no delivery fee. (Well at least there wasn't in August of 09)

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Rent a car for a few days from Enterprise over on Hotel Blvd near DTD. should be about $50.00 and that will allow you to go out to eat in town a few days and save some money. We are doing that for our next trip so we can hit USO.

Upvote 0
a couple of things ... the closest Wal-Mart to the property is on rt 535 which, by cab, is about 15 mins away ... if you want to go there, I would suggest taking the bus from the All Stars to DTD, then geting a cab from there ... that will cut your trip in half ... there is a grocery store just down the road from DTD called Publix ... they sell just about everything you would need, styrofoam coolers, pre-packaged and fresh cut deli meats and so on ... they're loacted at the intersection of hotel plaza blvd and rt 535 ... another tip, you can send yourself stuff like paper plates, plastic cutlery and other things like that by FedEx or Ups, then pick the package up at the desk when you check in ... just a thought ... good luck and have a great trip ... the weather here in September is great

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom