Need ideas for first trip

Chernabog

Original Poster
Hey everybody. Some friends of mine that I met on the College Program and I decided that this December we're going to fly to Disneyland and a few days since none of us have ever been there before. I'm just trying to get some ideas for how to plan and what to plan and anything you know. This is a foreign park to me so I have no idea what to expect. Any knowledge you have would be greatly appreciated.

Figment1986

plan on ridding their POTC, HM, and seeing Snow white's wishing well... (if they have the referbishment finnished on the statues....)

Also you should visit Toon Town...

When i figure out more... i will get back to you....

jodilt

If you can afford it, stay at a DL resort. Much more magical than the holiday inn! Make sure you do CA. It gets a bad rap, and does need some more attractions, but it's worth doing. Don't miss Soarin' over California! Excellent ride which will soon be opening at WDW.

stranger

Let me try to give some info:

I don't know when in December you plan on visiting, but usually the first two weeks of December are not too full. As the days get closer to Christmas and New Years, the parks tend to get very packed.
Weather-wise, December can be very cool in the 60's and sometimes in the 50's. We're known to have showers here once in awhile, but it can be fun because it scares the crowds away :animwink: .
Christmas decorations and lights will be up, so take the time to look around, especially Mainstreet and New Orleans Square. Another New Orleans recommendation, the bead necklace toss (ala Mardi Gras, but tame). It's fun and people always get involve. Warning: To get a necklace you may have to do a funny dance) :drevil:

Not to miss Christmas attractions: The famous Nightmmare Before Christmas Holiday in the Haunted Mansion and IASW Holiday. Both big crowd pleasers. If you can, try to pick up a fastpass for both attractions. Believe Holiday fireworks is not to be missed and after the fireworks, it snows in Mainstreet.

It's all I can think of now. I'm sure others will come in with more ideas.

Chernabog

Original Poster
Thanks for all the ideas so far. We're planning on staying in DL resort, still not sure when we're going yet though. Also, does Dl do a christmas thing like Magic Kingdom where they close the park early and you have to buy a special ticket? Just curious. I'm getting really excited esp with all the suggestions you guys have made. I'm just not sure where to start for planning, it seems like so much. Keep the ideas and such comming.

stranger

Chernabog said:
Also, does Dl do a christmas thing like Magic Kingdom where they close the park early and you have to buy a special ticket?

No, nothing like that at Disneyland.

Just a quick reminder, don't forget about The Electical Parade in DCA and Fantasmic in Disneyland. If you want a good view of Fantasmic, arrive 2-3 hours before the show starts because the good spots are taken fast. (There are no stadium seating at Disneyland). If you don't feel like staking out a spot for Fantasmic that long and there is a second showing of Fantasmic that night stay for that one instead. Many people leave and it's easier to find a good spot. By any chance you do decide to wait the 2-3 hours it can actually be alot of fun. This is the time when you can meet new people sitting around you, can have a picnic (someone in the group goes off to bring everyone food, like churros or an actual meal), time to take silly pictures, rest, play cards, or just talk.

:wave:

LadyDarling

I second all of Stranger's advice. Let us know when you're going and maybe we'll get a Disneyland board www.wdwmagic.com meet going!

DO NOT MISS THE DISNEYLAND CHRISTMAS PARADE!!!!! This parade is SO MUCH FUN. An updated version of the beloved classic Magic Kingdom one, it's definately worth scoping out a spot early!

And do stop by the wishing well near the castle and flick a coin in the well. When you do - wish for another year of good times and progress for "team Darling"! My DH asked me to marry him by that well (down on one knee and the whole 9 yards), and we got hitched 12/1/01, so if you're there the first week of December, don't forget to wish us well! :)
~Jay

LadyDarling

Ooo ooo! Okay, when's the weekend again? Let's get it going! Nothing like the holidays to get family (and complete internet strangers LOL) together! :)

Give me the weekend in Decemeber and I'll be happy to work on putting something special together. Ya'll may have to give me ideas to help me out though! :)

Edited: NEVER MIND! Please see the new meeting thread! :)

dweitzel0

Everyone talks about staying at the disneyland hotel but I find it overpriced. Guests don't receive perks like they do at WDW and there are plenty of hotels for half the price within walking distance. The Residence Inn will give you a 3 bedroom suite for the same price you can get a regular room at the Disneyland Hotel, and its just as fast to get to the park on their free shuttle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom