need ideas for a scavenger hunt type thing!!!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Hello everyone!! I have booked my families next trip for sept/oct 2011. At the time of our trip it will be myself 26, DH 26, DD 6 and DS 1. I have come up with this great idea to put together a scavenger hunt type thing for us to do one of the days! I will pair DH up with DD and I will pair with DS and I want to come up with a series of things we have to do and get our picture taken doing, like take a picture of a splash mountain log coming down the flume, a picture in front of a bus stop sign at the Polynesian bus stop, or a picture with another mother son, or father daughter duo. I want to have about 20-25 things we need to get a picture of so that it will take us atleast half a day (im planning on doing this the same day that we will do the halloween party, but we will still need time for a nap in the after noon!)
we have park hoppers, so it can be any park or any resort hotel, we dont have a car, and we dont do water parks! SO if anyone has any fun ideas on what we could need to get a picture of I would love to have some more ideas! just remember that I will be with a one year old so It cant be anything that he wouldnt be able to do! (no pictures of the on ride photo captured in space or the like, lol)
hopefulyl you all can give me some fun ideas!!! I am really looking forward to planning this out!!!

phantomrhiannon

Oooh, awesome idea! Too awesome not to brainstorm some myself...

The first thing that springs to mind is gift shop goodies. A picture of... everyone in silly hats or wearing Mickey ears hats, with stuffed animal as big as the smallest child, with pirate or princess gear. From gift shop, I think snack shop. Does the family have a particular favorite treat you can get pictures of yourselves eating?

And in an unrelated leap of thought, I'm now thinking people. A picture with any CM, a picture of any performers like the Dapper Dans (bonus points for a picture WITH a performer).

A picture of a ride wait time sign...bonus points for whoever finds the longest wait? A point each for pics of hidden mickeys, penalty for anyone who used flash photography on an attraction?

....and I'm tapped. I hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

We have a board game called "Magic Kingdom Game". I don't think they even sell it anymore, and ours is threadbare (originally bought it at Toys R Us). At the beginning of the game, each player takes a card from each 'land' (i.e. Fantasy Land, Tommorowland). The goal is visit all the locations in your pile first and exit the park. Every year we say we'll play the game for real at the park, but we never do. We said we'd use an autograph book, and get a photo of the employee at that ride signing our book for proof.
Maybe you could take pix of some 'Disneyholics'--people wearing all the gear: ears, clothes, crocs; or you could dress up as a pirate using the stores props near Pirates of Carib, and a fairy at the Tinkerbell store. Or at ride signs. At Epcot, we always take pix of ourselves dressed up in that 'country's' props--Norway (Viking hat w/braids), Mexico (sombrero, scarf, noisemakers). Or you could take pix of yourselves eating your way around World Showcase with all the yummy desserts. Taking pix of 10 people wearing Mickey shirts would be pretty easy. Or taking pix of spilled food/drink-which would be really hard with how quick the cast is with cleaning! Or asking cast members where some hidden Mickey's are and taking photos. I wish I was there right now!

Upvote 0
I used to do a scavenger hunt for my kids when they were younger. I only did it for Epcot World Showcase since that was the part of the park that was less interesting for them.

I wonder if I still have the list on my computer. If I do, I'll post a copy of it.

Upvote 0

marcriss

If you wanted too add extra/bonus items that could be completed at other times: AK is the only place to get a picture w/ Jiminy Cricket.

You could take an hour at each park and split up to try to get the bonuses (this way it wouldn't have to happen all in one day)...

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll set something up for our trip. Maybe it'll get the kids to consent to pictures w/o funny faces.

Upvote 0

SAV

Get a picture with De-Vine at AK.

One with Myuki in Japan.

A picture with someone in ridiculous attire.

With a CM who has a certain trait(blonde hair, one that has the same name as your child, A photopass photographer, etc).

If you do pin trading, then they have to find and bring back a pin with a specific character you pick out ahead of time.

An Epcot map written in Chinese or Japanese, signed in that language by the CM working the Kidcot booth. ..photo proof of them doing it.

A Mickey shaped confetti from a parade or something like that.

A cup from Club Cool. Unused would probably be best.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom