need advise on a stoller situation please

wdwfanatic4yrs

Original Poster
ok so my family is leaving for disney at the end of june. the problem we don't know what stroller to take. we have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and a 4 month old, so should we take our double stroller and an umbrella stroller or the single stroller for the baby and just attach 2 umbrella strollers together or what? we're just worried about how we're going to get on and off the buses. we keep going back and forth about what we should do. what would be easier? i hope there is someone out there that has gone through this that could help us out. any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

ThinkTink721

I have never encountered this problem at WDW bc we started going when my youngest was 4, but my 3 kids are 2 years apart in age, so I understand the dilemma.
I think I would take the double stroller for the older 2 & the single stroller for the baby.
Make sure they fold up easily bc you will have to fold them up before you enter the bus.
Don't stress about it...if someone gets frustrated, they probably have never had small children or they have forgotten what it is like to have small children.
Have fun & pace yourself.
:wave:

mrsdanalind

stroller issue

ok so my family is leaving for disney at the end of june. the problem we don't know what stroller to take. we have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and a 4 month old, so should we take our double stroller and an umbrella stroller or the single stroller for the baby and just attach 2 umbrella strollers together or what? we're just worried about how we're going to get on and off the buses. we keep going back and forth about what we should do. what would be easier? i hope there is someone out there that has gone through this that could help us out. any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hey, well what ones are they kids more comfortable in? and which is easier for you to handle in a crowd? Remember that it's gonna be hot, so you want something lightweight in material to keep the kids comfortable? The big thing also to remember is that you or your hubby will have to be folding and unfolding them to get on and off the buses, and the other one will be dealing with the kids at the end of the day. They will be stressed , you will be stressed and so will all the other riders. Most of them are very nice and understanding, so which ever is best for you is the way to go.
Enjoy the Parks.
:xmas::D

SaskDisneyGirl

Have you considered renting? You can rent a top of the line double stroller, and a glider board for your older child, then you can have all 3 on the same stroller. There are some great rental places out there, I am planning on using either Kingdom Strollers or Orlando Stroller Rentals for our next trip. I think they run for around $100-120 for a week.

HouCuseChickie

If you take your own strollers, take the ones which normally work best for you. i.e. if your kids are most comfy in the double and you find it easier to push the double (vs attaching 2 umbrellas) go with that. Obviously, you want it to be easy to break down for the bus, but considering how much time you'll be pushing them around the parks- you definitely want to make sure you're using strollers that are comfy for all for all of the time spent in the parks.

wdwfanatic4yrs

Original Poster
thank you for your input. what everyone said about the comfort factor really makes sense, especially thinking about if they fall asleep, plus it gives off more shade for them. we took to double stroller at christmas and pushed it around the parks good considering how packed it was. we didnt have any problems taking the double on the buses last time, i guess i just worry about hitting somebody with it while packing together on the bus at night.

Minnie1976

If you will be riding the buses, the strollers have to be folded and same with the trams. So if child or children sleeping, you have to take them out and fold up the stroller to ride these modes of transportation. There were 4 of us with one child and a big stroller. It got difficult at times especially on a crowded bus. I would recommend something small and easy to handle. Last time we used umbrella stroller and so much easier. Just a little advice from a grandma.

wdwfanatic4yrs

Original Poster
If you will be riding the buses, the strollers have to be folded and same with the trams. So if child or children sleeping, you have to take them out and fold up the stroller to ride these modes of transportation. There were 4 of us with one child and a big stroller. It got difficult at times especially on a crowded bus. I would recommend something small and easy to handle. Last time we used umbrella stroller and so much easier. Just a little advice from a grandma.

i agree with you about it being difficult when the buses are crowded. i'm always afraid i'm accidently hit someone with the stroller when we get on the bus. so my wife and i keep going back and forth on what to take. we're hoping my oldest will do a lot of walking which would make our choice whole lot easier. that way the younger 2 can use the double stroller. thank you so much for advice, it is greatly appreciated, believe me. :D

mrerk

Premium Member
Have you considered renting? You can rent a top of the line double stroller, and a glider board for your older child, then you can have all 3 on the same stroller. There are some great rental places out there, I am planning on using either Kingdom Strollers or Orlando Stroller Rentals for our next trip. I think they run for around $100-120 for a week.

You should try Magic Strollers. $79 a week for a double. They also own Owners Locker. Their service is great.

Bri1121

I would take the double and a single. That way each adult only has one to fold up. We had a double with us last time and dh had no problem folding it up. There are always people getting on the buses, monorails, boats with strollers. We had a jogger at home last time but bought a light weight double just for the trip! We came home and sold it!

I would probably take the double and the single just in case, but I might leave the single back in the room until you know you need it. When our kids were that little, we put them in a sling or a Baby Bjorn. It worked incredibly well. The baby was comfortable and safe and happy. Unless you have some back issues, a baby that size can be in a sling or Bjorn for hours. We even went on some attractions with the sling on.

As for the buses, with three kids we try to avoid them as much as possible. You can get pretty creative if you want to avoid them when park hopping (boats between DHS and Epcot, monorail between Epcot and the MK) but it can be time-consuming.

KSwart

We did the double from Kingdom Strollers and it was AWESOME! It is the Cadillac of strollers and our 3 and 5 year old loved it. Kingdom Strollers service was great too :)

Theosus

Get a cheapo umbrella or used stroller from a flea market or yard sale. Take it down there and when your trip is over, just chuck it in a dumpster or leave it at the hotel room.
Less to pack back and by the end of your trip it's likely to be nasty/wet/stained/broken any way. We did that twice... So much easier. But we only have one kid. We went when she was three and four and five, skipped six, and when we went back at 7 thankfully the stroller age was over.
And when you are waiting on the bus, go ahead and fold the thing. Nothing is quite as irritating as someone waiting in line for twenty minutes, then when the bus doors open, suddenly deciding to hold up the line while they fight with their squalling offspring and the stroller.
When you get off the bus... Move out of the way for other people before fighting with your stroller and kid. We dont want to wait in you there either, courtesy goes a long way when everyone is sleep deprived and sweltering.

GatorGuy

103099REDBLACK0.jpg

juniorthomas

As a father of a two year old (and someone who as recently as three years ago bristled at the site of bulky strollers in my walk path), strollers have obviously been a thought in the back of my mind as I plan my visit with my daughter.

Thanks to all of you for providing some fantastic tips. Your words definitely have restored some ease to this anxious mind.

Does Disney provide stroller rentals? Do those other rental places have on site rentals, or do you have to leave WDW property to get the stroller from them?

nolatron

Does Disney provide stroller rentals? Do those other rental places have on site rentals, or do you have to leave WDW property to get the stroller from them?

Disney has stroller rentals but they are not allowed outside the park. So you're parking at a park, you'll have to drop off the stroller and walk/tram it to the car.
It's $15/day for a single stroller rental from Disney. (or $13/day for a length of rental).

Most of the Stroller Rental companies with deliver the stroller to your hotel.

Last year I used Magic Strollers. They had my stroller delivered to the Buena Vista Suites by 10am (we didn't arrive till noon) so it was there waiting for us. On the last day I just gave the stroller in the bag to bell services where they'd pick up back up.

I'm taking my 3yr old DD to WDW for Labor Day weekend and I'll probably get another stroller from Magic Strollers. It's only $25 for 2.5 days.

Magic Strollers, and I think many of the other places, use the Baby Jogger City Mini Strollers. These things are stupid easy to fold with one hand and carry (see video).

juniorthomas

Disney has stroller rentals but they are not allowed outside the park. So you're parking at a park, you'll have to drop off the stroller and walk/tram it to the car.
It's $15/day for a single stroller rental from Disney. (or $13/day for a length of rental).

Most of the Stroller Rental companies with deliver the stroller to your hotel.

Last year I used Magic Strollers. They had my stroller delivered to the Buena Vista Suites by 10am (we didn't arrive till noon) so it was there waiting for us. On the last day I just gave the stroller in the bag to bell services where they'd pick up back up.

I'm taking my 3yr old DD to WDW for Labor Day weekend and I'll probably get another stroller from Magic Strollers. It's only $25 for 2.5 days.

Magic Strollers, and I think many of the other places, use the Baby Jogger City Mini Strollers. These things are stupid easy to fold with one hand and carry (see video).

Thanks for the info! Do they deliver to on-property resorts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom