Need advice quick! Beach Club vs BoardWalk vs Bay Lake Tower

Gojira ゴジラ

All,

I have a pin that will expire tonight so I have to decide quick.
I have stayed at BoardWalk in our last trip. We want to go back because we love the resort, but we want to try some other options too.

1. Although it's obvious for others, I still can't differentiate between a Villa (deluxe room) and just a regular Resort room. Can anyone tell me the difference(s)?

2. We walked pass Beach Club everyday on the way to Epcot, but I don't recall seeing street attractions (magic show etc) at Beach Club. Are they a Boardwalk exclusive?

3. I read reviews on Trip Advisor, a lot of people saying Beach Club needs a renovation (due to aging). Is this true?

4. Beach Club vs Bay Lake vs Boardwalk. I know this depends on a personal preference but those who have been on those 3 resorts, which one you like best and which one you recommend?

5. I look at the map and notice while Bay Lake is the closest to MK but it's quite far to Hollywood Studio and AK. Does anyone have any problem with the distance?

Thanks much all

Annielkd

Beach club does not have entertainment like boardwalk. I did not find the rooms needing refurbishment.... they were nice. It's quiet at Beach club. Both are quick walks to Epcot and Hollywood studios. At Bay Lake, you have a LONG ride to anything... but, you can walk to Magic kingdom. It's harder to get a room at Bay lake.
A studio is smaller than a basic room. But, you won't really notice that. Although my home resort is Bay Lake, I prefer to stay at either Boardwalk or Beach Club.
If you want it quiet and peaceful... pick Beach club. If you want a more entertaining surrounding, go for Boardwalk. Only pick Bay Lake tower if you prefer to go to Magic Kingdom... it's a real quick walk to that from Bay Lake.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

1. Villas are what the call some of the DVC rooms. A studio is similar to a regular room at a deluxe resort, but has a few differences. Instead of 2 queen beds there is a queen and then a queen sleeper sofa. There is also a small kitchenette that has a a fridge, microwave, toaster, and sink. Then they have larger 1 and 2 bedroom villas (some resorts also have 3 BR) that are more like apartments. Separate bedrooms, full kitchens, living area, etc.

2. The entertainment such as the magicians are special to the boardwalk. To keep with the theme of the resort they have these entertainers just like they would on an old boardwalk.

3. The rooms at the Beach Club were renovated not that long ago I believe. I stop by the resort a lot, but haven't been in a room for a while...however I can't say it is in any worse or better shape than the boardwalk. They have also done refurbishments on the pool and have done pretty extensive exterior work recently.

4. I prefer the Beach Club of all those resorts. It is actually one of my favorite resorts on property. I do like the Boardwalk as well, but the Beach Club is the one I would choose if I am given a choice.

5. The main advantage to BLT and the Contemporary is the access to the MK and monorail. Going to the other parks can be hit or miss because of the with some of the other Magic Kingdom resorts. However, the Epcot resorts deal with this as well when you aren't going to Epcot or DHS. If you stayed at Boardwalk before and didn't mind the transportation to MK or AK then you probably won't have an issue with the buses at BLT or Beach Club either.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

All,

I have a pin that will expire tonight so I have to decide quick.
I have stayed at BoardWalk in our last trip. We want to go back because we love the resort, but we want to try some other options too.

1. Although it's obvious for others, I still can't differentiate between a Villa (deluxe room) and just a regular Resort room. Can anyone tell me the difference(s)? A villa has a separate living room area and full kitchen

2. We walked pass Beach Club everyday on the way to Epcot, but I don't recall seeing street attractions (magic show etc) at Beach Club. Are they a Boardwalk exclusive?Already answered above, this is exclusive to the Boardwalk but easily accessed

3. I read reviews on Trip Advisor, a lot of people saying Beach Club needs a renovation (due to aging). Is this true? Not sure from experience on this but Beach Club remains a top choice for families

4. Beach Club vs Bay Lake vs Boardwalk. I know this depends on a personal preference but those who have been on those 3 resorts, which one you like best and which one you recommend?BLT all the way for us. But it depends on the ages of kids, ours are young and we hit MK almost everyday. You can hop the monorail to both MK and Epcot (transfer at TTC, a little bit of travel time) You just need buses for HS and Epcot, you have to factor some travel time to these parks no matter where you are.

5. I look at the map and notice while Bay Lake is the closest to MK but it's quite far to Hollywood Studio and AK. Does anyone have any problem with the distance? See answer to 4

Thanks much all

Good luck and happy planning, you are guaranteed a fabulous stay at any of these resort options.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

The deluxe studio does not have a seperate room or a full kitchen... only the one bedroom does. The studio does have a small kitchenette... but, not a stove or full fridge.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

1. Although it's obvious for others, I still can't differentiate between a Villa (deluxe room) and just a regular Resort room. Can anyone tell me the difference(s)? Pretty much what Disney Insider said. "Studio Villas," which is what you'd probably get, is about the same size of a regular hotel room, but with a queen bed and sleeper sofa instead of 2 queen beds, and a kitchenette (small fridge, sink, microwave).

2. We walked pass Beach Club everyday on the way to Epcot, but I don't recall seeing street attractions (magic show etc) at Beach Club. Are they a Boardwalk exclusive? The Boardwalk area is considered an entertainment district, with clubs and restaurants and street performers. But it's not like it's only available to Boardwalk guests. Whether you're 5 minutes away in the Beach Club or anywhere on property or anywhere OFF property, you can visit the Boardwalk "district." As long as you're spending money you could be Dexter Morgan, just keep your kit at home.

3. I read reviews on Trip Advisor, a lot of people saying Beach Club needs a renovation (due to aging). Is this true? Cant attest to that one way or the other, but even after a complete renovation, you can always wind up being "that guy" and getting the one room that was just destroyed by the person who had it before you. You're within your rights to ask for another room if the one you're assigned is not up to snuff.

4. Beach Club vs Bay Lake vs Boardwalk. I know this depends on a personal preference but those who have been on those 3 resorts, which one you like best and which one you recommend? I've only ever stayed at Boardwalk. Next trip is BLT. I like Beach club fine. A lot would depend on where you like to spend most of your time and what you like to do. Boardwalk or Beach Club is great for adults without kids who like to stay out later, as well as families because of the fun. Great if you prefer to spend more time at Epcot or the Studios. BLT is on the monorail, walking distance to MK, ferries to WL & FW where you can take advantage of all of those resorts' amenities with a brief monorail or boat trip. I chose BLT next trip because I have two very small kids. Were they a little older, I may have tried Beach Club because we'd probably all love their pool.

5. I look at the map and notice while Bay Lake is the closest to MK but it's quite far to Hollywood Studio and AK. Does anyone have any problem with the distance? I ain't walking it ;)

Upvote 0

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Oh thanks so much for all the responds guys.

So I guess if a villa includes more stuff (small kitchen etc), why anyone would choose a studio over a villa?
Plus it's slightly cheaper.

I think I'm going with Beach Club this time because we're planning to get a Dining plan too and we'll be going to Epcot alot.

Although BLT sounds nice because we are hoping the expansion will be opened by then so we may end up visiting MK more often.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

No that's wrong. A one bedroom cost more. A studio is smaller and doesn't cost as much. A one bedroom has a seperate bedroom, whirlpool bath, full kitchen, and a washer drier. It's generally almost twice as much as a studio. A studio is a little smaller than a regular room, and is generally slightly less than a regular room. BUT, it has only ONE standard bed and a pull out. If you have kids that are older, it's not usually that comfortable.

Upvote 0

JimJam

BEACH CLUB!!!!!!! You can walk to the boardwalk and epcot and hollywood studios. Plus, you have the best pool on property and an amazing environment.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

BLT have newer rooms, but some people complain that they were rushed to be made and look a little cheaper (and sterile) I love Beach club. When you go, get their salad bar for lunch... it's fantastic.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

So I guess if a villa includes more stuff (small kitchen etc), why anyone would choose a studio over a villa?

I wouldn't say a studio is "slightly cheaper" than a 1 Bedroom Villa. Even during a Value season, it's about $135 difference in rack rates. Your pin code may make the difference in price a little less. But for a family or group of 4 that
a: wants everyone to sleep in a bed versus anyone using a sleeper sofa
b: has no need for a kitchen because they're not making any meals on vacation
c: wants to save that money and use it for souvenirs or extra night's stay or whatever...

...spending the money for the extra bedroom, the larger bathroom and (forgot to mention) the in-room washer/dryer may not be worth it to them.

Upvote 0

Flip83

Beach Club does NOT need refurbs. The rooms are very nice. If anyone says different, they are just complainers. Hands down the Best pool on property. And just the location of it is the best. Walk to Epcot/Boardwalk. Nice boat ride to Hollywood studios. It is really a perfect resort.

Upvote 0

vjgraham

I think I'm going with Beach Club this time because we're planning to get a Dining plan too and we'll be going to Epcot alot.

Although BLT sounds nice because we are hoping the expansion will be opened by then so we may end up visiting MK more often.

Good choice on Beach Club. That is our favorite resort by far. It is one of the highest rated at Disney and offers closest access to Epcot. If you want to see entertainment on the boardwalk remember it is less than a five minute walk from Beach club. Our last stay at Beach club, our walk to the back entrance to Epcot was literally 3 minutes. To top it off the Beach club resort has the best pool complex at Disney, hands down.:)

Upvote 0

Boomdog15

Beach Club rooms are excellent and do not need a refurb. We stayed there last year and will be there again in 8 days! :sohappy:

However, we did receive a letter from Disney last week stating the slide and part of the pool will be refurbed starting on April 9 to late in April. They will provide a shuttle over to the Boardwalk pool if you would like a slide.
I read on another forum the refurb will be finished on April 23rd. I'm hoping so because one of the main reasons that we stay there is the pool.

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Based on it's theme/atmosphere I would go with the Boardwalk. Plus among the Epcot Resorts they have the most Quick Service locations and in terms of distance it's the closest one when walking to Hollywood Studios.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom