Need Advice....Gotta Get Away From This Tour Group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I am currently staying in PO:Riverside...and the tour group here is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!! Loud, obnoxious, and no courtesy. Knocking on the wrong doors at 1am, calling the wrong room very late, sitting blocking stairs not moving as you approach. From what I have been told, a big group of spoiled kids with no one to supervise or control them.

I thought staying at a Mod and not a value would keep me away from this, but I guess I was wrong. Is anyone currently staying at CBR, and if so, are there tour groups there? Otherwise, I will just move to a deluxe to get away. If anyone else is down here, please let me know if you are staying somewhere quiet! :)

Thanks!

miles1

The only thing I can suggest is to go to the front desk, and calmly, respectfully and politely explain the situation to them. It's not like your asking to be comped, just to be moved. Since its a somewhat slow time of the year, there may very well be rooms at one of the other resorts, or they may even upgrade you for the inconvenience. I've always found the desk staff at the resorts to be pretty responsive if you're nice to them.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Are you lodging complaints with the front desk every time someone knocks on your door or calls the room phone? I think if you can show them that this has been happening repeatedly during your stay, they'll glady relocate you if something else is available.

Upvote 0

Bowler Hat Girl

Yikes, I wouldn't have thought this was tour group season! That stinks. Definitely talk to a CM and explain the situation, and maybe you'll find that you're not the only one bringing it to their attention!

Good luck, and enjoy the rest of your vacation (once you're away from them!)

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Thats unfortunate. It's ridiculous how people act.

Its good to mention though that whether you stay at a value, moderate, deluxe, villa, DVC, or whatever; that obnoxious, spoiled, arrogant, and inconsiderate people can end up there. Unfortunately stupidity is universal and doesn't discriminate :brick:

I would follow the suggestions of everyone else here, and complain, complain, complain...eventually something will be done. :wave:

Upvote 0

durangojim

That really stinks! I have absolutely no tolerance for behavior like that no matter what class of resort I'm staying at. If someone or some people are being loud, keeping me or my family awake, annoying us, etc. I have absolutely no problem with calling the front desk and asking them to take care of it. 9 times out of 10 they do, but if they don't (and I've only had to do this twice) I'll talk to the manager and explain the situation. Sometimes it's been a room change, sometimes it's been a free night's stay or food, etc. The way I look at is that I'm paying money to enjoy a vacation that's not negatively impacting anyone else, if others can't do the same, then I shouldn't have to pay for a lousy experience and neither should you. Be polite, but firm, and decide what you want the outcome to be before you speak to the manager.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Since this thread will only seem to get more hostile, I am going to go ahead and close it before any personal attacks get out of hand.

As for the OP, I think you received some good advice if there truly is a problem. Go to the desk and speak to the people working there. They will listen to your concerns and likely do whatever they can to help you.

Please remember that disrespectful people come in all forms, and aren't just specific to one country. While most of us have dealt with less than pleasant experiences from Brazil, I have also spent more time dealing with rude fellow Americans.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom