Need Advice: Did Disney handle this correctly? Did we?

devoy1701

Yes I would, but im REALLY laid back. before i even finished the story i knew what they wanted (when i heard it was a male and female CM rushing away down the hall laughing), it was obvious. So a room someone told them to use was in use...and? It was probably a joke that the front desk clerks played on them

I'm not saying that the way they handled it wasnt bad, i agree. But making a mountain out of a mole hill is OBVIOUSLY what has happened here.

If they have friends covering for them down at the front desk im sure they have people in housekeeping that are gonna change the sheets. I think you would know if your sheets had been use'd previous and that would cause WAY more problems then banging in a bed. And probably not so..they're probably just thinking about themselves and let one friend or two in on it at the front desk. They wouldn't be smart enough to think to have Mousekeeping clean up after them. And mousekeeping probably wouldn't appreciate having to clean or reclean a room that wasn't on their assignment so some CMs could get it on...

I mean if anyone thinks that there hotel bed hasnt been used for every position in the book they're being REALLY nieve

no not sarcasm, just funny. I would probably cover for them and it would be because it would make a great story (like this one)

Not funny. That's sick. And horrible work ethic at that! If management was ever to find out about some CMs doing that in occupied or unoccupied guest rooms whether on or off shift, I would hope that those CMs and ANY CMs that covered for them were fired immediately.

Some people just have no regard for their jobs or for other people. All they think about is themselves. People like these don't make it very far in life or in their career. Then they wonder why they get stuck with a horrible position and don't make very good money.

and I hope to god you never have/will find yourself in that kind of situation where you are covering for some people to go do the deed in a room that is booked by guests...

that's just sick.

:hurl:

Really would wish Mom would chime in on this thread...seems like something to get her all roud up!

PhotoDave219

No one in this situation handled themselves correctly.

Guest wise, I would have demanded a manager right then and there or I'm calling security. (Disney security is still in my cell phone.) Followed by a letter to Meg Crofton. Her office does get things done.

Resort-wise, the on-duty CM's should have gotten reprimanded for not handling a guest safety issue properly. A manager should have shown up to the room as well called security to locate the potential "perps".

CM-wise, there are much better places around the poly to "Get-it-on" while at night then a guest room. :lookaroun

Everyone dropped the ball and a continuation of the 'not-my-job' syndrome that seems to come more and more frequently in the world these days.

devoy1701

No one in this situation handled themselves correctly.

Guest wise, I would have demanded a manager right then and there or I'm calling security. (Disney security is still in my cell phone.) Followed by a letter to Meg Crofton. Her office does get things done.

Resort-wise, the on-duty CM's should have gotten reprimanded for not handling a guest safety issue properly. A manager should have shown up to the room as well called security to locate the potential "perps".

CM-wise, there are much better places around the poly to "Get-it-on" while at night then a guest room. :lookaroun

Everyone dropped the ball and a continuation of the 'not-my-job' syndrome that seems to come more and more frequently in the world these days.

I wouldn't mind that phone number for Disney Security Dave.... That's one Disney # that i don't yet have in my phone..

magicalmickey

I have a story about an experience at Disney on which I'd love to hear some feedback. It happened last year, but I still think about it and wonder if everything was handled correctly. I'd love to hear your advice...

In the middle of one trip, we got back to our room at the Polynesian (ground floor in a building fairly close to the GCH) after a fairly late night at a park. Someone from our party was in the shower, the rest of us were collapsed on the beds watching TV. I knew the room door was pulled closed and locked (I did it myself). The safety catch was on as well.

So while we were lounging about, at around 10 I would say, and all of sudden we heard a loud rustling at the door, like someone was fumbling with a key in the lock and trying to get it to open. It was pushed open, still very roughly, and the safety latch caught. I shot up with my father, and he yelled to whoever was outside, "Can I help you?"

Instead of getting an answer, the door was pulled closed again. We walked quickly to the door and opened it. Our room was at one end of the building. The hall was empty except for two cast members (as in they were wearing Polynesian uniforms but had no housekeeping gear) speed-walking down to the other end of the hallway. They were almost to the opposite end of the building.

My father again yelled, something to the effect of, "Excuse me, why did you open our door without knocking and then run off without an explanation?"

Instead of stopping, the two (a young girl and guy, I'd say in their 20s) just laughed to each other and sort of waved dismissively over their shoulders, as though we were interrupting a conversation. My dad asked them again, and the guy turned a little (without stopping) and said, "We were just checking if the locks work." (Keep in mind we had just seen them run down half the hallway without trying to open any other door. And also keep in mind, it was not like our door was propped open and they wanted to be nice and see if we had left it open accidentally. They had fumbled with the lock loudly before shoving it open.)

Of course we were a bit shaken...hearing your door forced open is never a good feeling when you're half asleep in your hotel room.

Immediately we called the front desk to try to validate the story. Does Disney send around people to check if guests close their doors? The person at the front desk told us no. We then relayed the story in its entirety. The person apologized (although didn't really ask for more details) and hung up without any attempt at an explanation whatsoever. We called back and asked for a manager. We told the story again, and they said they had no idea what the people were doing. They didn't ask for a description of them and offered no explanation.

We decided maybe we should go down to the front desk. There we got the same sort of uninterested response. We gave a description of the two castmembers, only to be told that no one like that was on duty.

To say the least, we were super disappointed by the staff's response. Their reaction was not at all "We are so sorry to hear about this and we understand your concern so we will investigate" but more like "Who cares?"

So did we overreact? Did we just encounter two rude castmembers who should have stopped to explain themselves better? Shouldn't a deluxe resort have a better response to a guest's complaint about room safety and the behavior of their employees? Should they have offered us some sort of compensation or called to give us any followup info?

I'd love to hear your opinions. Every year we go back (we are addicted of course, both to Disney and the Polynesian, so this isn't just idle complaining) but we always think about that night--how scary it was to hear your door sounding like it was being forced open and how disappointed we were by Disney's seemingly un-Disney response.

That sounds like bad customer service on management part, I'd write a letter to the corporate office.

SleepingMonk

A very dangerous thing for the cast members to do considering the fact they don't know how seriously some of us take our personal safety.

The only thing the OP did wrong was failing to check the hall before opening the door, and failing to take the names of both cast members.

I think the proper course of action would have been to take that information directly to management and then the supervisor of operations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom