Need Advice: Did Disney handle this correctly? Did we?

Rabflmom

Quit honestly when the OP said it was a male and female cast member that did it, them attempting to rob a guest was my last thought of what they had planned doing in that room.;) Mine too..:)>>>>>

Now that did not cross my mind till I read these comments. I am either getting old or as a Florida resident I am jaded, because the first thing I suspected was they were cruising the rooms to pick up a few things to sell.

The fact that they had access to the card that would let them into a room-maybe even a master key definitely disturbs me. It should have been handled totally differently when reported to desk. Just because they had uniforms that look like they work at that hotel doesn't necessarily mean they were on the staff. It should have been followed up by security.

KCMO

Seems rather stupid on the CM's part - you have to think that if they would have stayed and apologized and offered some excuse like they must have had the wrong room number on a service errand of some sort, the vast majority of guests would have never thought anything of it and never said anything to management.

We should set up hidden cameras and try to catch some of these people,Disney would pay attention then.We can post them on you-tube.Is there a law against that?

Dragonrider1227

Wow, Disney handled it pretty badly. Which I'm surprised about. Disney's service has always been so good for us. And we stay at the "cheap" resorts

mikeanabean

I would have called Security or the Police and then you would have gotten some answers. The Front desk is useless in these type of situations.

Mickey-Mommy

Wow! I can't believe how they handled your situation!

We stayed in Melbourne, FL for a couple of nights when my son was 6 months old. A springbreaker crawled off his balcony and onto ours. He knocked and then opened our sliding glass door. (All the rooms are suites) I was feeding our son his last bottle before laying down for the night....around 10 pm. He said hello and then opened the curtain. He said he was playing a prank on his friends and asked if he could pass through our room. Of course we said yes, just to get him out of our room and off our balcony. We had just prior ordered room service and thought it was them knocking but obviously it wasn't. We aren't the type of people to complain, etc. but when room service did arrive, he was telling us how they had to kick some people out that were in that room (had only registered a few people in the room when in reality there were like 10 staying there).They had ordered spaghetti from room service....they don't have that on the menu, but the chef made it anyway.....got to their room and all they wanted was for someone from room service to open their can of spaghetti o's since they were too drunk to do it themselves. We told the room service guy about our experience and he was so apologetic. Said they had gotten a call that someone had fallen off the balcony and had everyone out searching for them (it's a 16 story hotel). He told the manager what had happened and the next day the manager called and offered us one night free. He said he didn't want to bother us that late at night since we had a baby with us.

On our next trip we stayed at the same hotel and on our first night there the a/c didn't work. Since it was extremely late at night we suffered through and the next day they had someone come right out when we called to repair it. On our last night there the a/c quit again. This time the repairman wasn't there, so they offered for us to change rooms...since that wasn't an option for us with a 1 year old and all our stuff we'd have move and that we were checking out the next day, we stayed. They offered to give us a $75 credit on our bill.

If a chain hotel like Radisson can do all of this.....certainly Disney should be able to provide such services and compensation.

hpyhnt 1000

Wow, thats just disturbing in just about every way. :dazzle: No, Disney definitely could have handled that MUCH, MUCH better. Even if the front wasn't the best/right place to call, shouldn't it be the responsibility of the front desk and guest relations to help the guest out in any way they can, and if they are unable to do so, redirect the guest to the people or servies who CAN help them? This was just a disaster in service every way you look at it; shame on the folks at the Poly. :mad:

LoriMistress

The only two reason why I can see why CMs would do that would either they were couple and wanted to "break in your beds," or they wanted to steal your items from your room. Disney didn't handle it well. I would have spoken to a manager. I would write them a letter and have it certified mail, if possible.

Tink313

Wow sorry this happen to you. I would be so upset if this happen to me. :mad: Either they wanted to steal or have some "quality time" . After hearing how the front desk handled the situation it sounds like they were in on it or new what was going on and tried to cover for their friends

If it happens again try complaining in the morning too.

goodtimes5286

Wow sorry this happen to you. I would be so upset if this happen to me. :mad: Either they wanted to steal or have some "quality time" . After hearing how the front desk handled the situation it sounds like they were in on it or new what was going on and tried to cover for their friends

i dont blaim em! if i was covering for them i bet they've covered for me a couple times!

hey when its late at a hotel and theres nothing to do except another hottie standing next 2 you....cmon! give em a break...

Tink313

[/u]
i dont blaim em! if i was covering for them i bet they've covered for me a couple times!

hey when its late at a hotel and theres nothing to do except another hottie standing next 2 you....cmon! give em a break...

Its so true its what you do at work. You try to cover for them because you never know if you might need for them to cover for you one day

And sometimes you have to give into the heat :lol: Especially in Florida you could die of a heat stroke. Humidity and passion ;) you got to cool off some how :lol::ROFLOL:

DisJosh

[/U]

Would you give them a break if it was your room?

I think Disney handled this poorly. I definitely would have made more noise on your end. Make some more noise now, send some letters...at the least you might be able to get yourself a refund for the night!

wdwfan22

Making noise now for something that happened over a year ago is going to get you nothing. It's over with it. It was handled poorly but if you were that concered with it you should have followed up sooner. Hopefully though this can serve as a heads up to other guests should there ever be a similar situation.

AZDISNEYDVL

I wouldn't lump all of Disney in with an overnight manager, if that is who they transferred your call to at all. At that time of night, it was probably two CP workers who were "friendly" and not someone looking to ransack a guest room. One of them may have even been the MOD (probably the overnight supervisor). I can tell you from experience, not all overnight shifts are covered by a manager. Some are covered by a supervisor and an entry level associate which allows the supervisor to roam the property. Normally this roaming includes checking for engineering and safety issues. In this case, I would assume they found an empty room on the computer at the front desk and by the time they got to the area, they forgot which one it was. The supervisor/MOD then used their master key to open the door. What should be done anytime this happens and you are dismissed by the MOD, wait until the next shift, normally 6 or 7am, and request a lock interrogation because you want an explanation of what happened. When this is done (all cardkey locks have this option) it will tell them which keys accessed the room and the guilty party will then be found. Unfortunately, if this happened last year it is far too late for this to work for you.

Dayma

If you would have told them you were going to call the local authorities , they would have jumped right in with better customer service. I would have done that right away to wake them up....

Rabflmom

imo they were just trying to get busy....and they probably found a room later that they could :animwink:

And that doesn't worry people? Rooms not rented for the night are assumed to be clean so do not get maid service the next day. Next time the room is rented the guest gets a bed that has been used and not cleaned! Yuck!

Pioneer Hall

Obviously this situation was handled very poorly by Disney. However, at this point the situation is somewhat over and done with. If you were to send a letter to Guest Services now, you would probably get a response and not compensation. I suppose that this should just be used now so you can be more vigilant in the future if something this unfortunate should happen in the future. I have found that the Polynesian management team is often fantastic from my interactions with them (both as a guest and in a professional situation), so I feel that your incident was an unfortunate isolated one.

devoy1701

You are always going to find the exception but as a general rule your belongings in your room at WDW are about as safe as they can get. WDW has a very strict policy concerning employee theft and will fire and prosecute on the spot if an incident occurs. Quit honestly when the OP said it was a male and female cast member that did it, them attempting to rob a guest was my last thought of what they had planned doing in that room.;)

I see we've all gotten the same impression of what they were up to. I would have demanded a better explanation of the 2 and probably have asked for them to come down to the front desk with me, or atleast have gotten their names and reported it to the night manager and the GM of the hotel the next day.

If i didn't go down to the front desk right away I would have done some tailing and see if they tried any other doors.

EDIT: I also always follow up any bad experiences or problems on a trip with an email to Disney Guest Relations...just so my opinion also gets to travel down yet another channel...

[/u]

I hope this was sarcasm.

goodtimes5286

Would you give them a break if it was your room?

I think Disney handled this poorly. I definitely would have made more noise on your end. Make some more noise now, send some letters...at the least you might be able to get yourself a refund for the night!
Yes I would, but im REALLY laid back. before i even finished the story i knew what they wanted (when i heard it was a male and female CM rushing away down the hall laughing), it was obvious. So a room someone told them to use was in use...and? It was probably a joke that the front desk clerks played on them

I'm not saying that the way they handled it wasnt bad, i agree. But making a mountain out of a mole hill is OBVIOUSLY what has happened here.
And that doesn't worry people? Rooms not rented for the night are assumed to be clean so do not get maid service the next day. Next time the room is rented the guest gets a bed that has been used and not cleaned! Yuck!
If they have friends covering for them down at the front desk im sure they have people in housekeeping that are gonna change the sheets. I think you would know if your sheets had been use'd previous and that would cause WAY more problems then banging in a bed.

I mean if anyone thinks that there hotel bed hasnt been used for every position in the book they're being REALLY nieve
I hope this was sarcasm.
no not sarcasm, just funny. I would probably cover for them and it would be because it would make a great story (like this one)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom