Need a suggestion for something romantic to do at WDW

Future Guy

So, Future Gal and I will be in WDW for 4 nights in early January, and since she is our CFO, it's impossible to spend any money without her knowing about it, and hence hard to surprise her with anything.

Nevertheless, since this trip is our anniversary present to each other (our anniversary is actually in October but work commitments kept us from taking the trip then) I really want to surprise her with something romantic and preferably unique to Disney while we're there.

Any suggestions on any romantic things to do or experiences to have?

amontpet

Years ago my DH (then we were engaged) took our first trip to DW and while we were at Japan in Epcot he took me to the gift shop. I got to choose an oyster and inside was a pearl. He had me choose a setting. I had it made into a necklace and later I wore it at our wedding. You can have it made into a ring, necklace or earrings. They do it all right there while you wait.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

Romantic dinning suggestions

My DW is the CFO too so I feel your pain, off the top of my head.
Dinner at the California Grill and watch wishes from the roof of the Contemporary. You can make the ASR and then pay for the meal when you dine.
Dinner at Victoria and Albert’s you have to tell DW to pack something “nice” to wear so she may figure it out.
Dinner on the Grand 1 at the Grand Floridian, I would imagine that you need a credit card deposit but they would not bill the account until after dinner unless you don’t show and/or don’t call to cancel your reservation

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
A walk around World Showcase at night is ALWAYS romantic...Its simple yet doable without having to plan and make reservations for...Canada is REALLY nice with the waterfalls and its quite empty back there as well.

Upvote 0

Lucky

So, Future Gal and I will be in WDW for 4 nights in early January, and since she is our CFO, it's impossible to spend any money without her knowing about it, and hence hard to surprise her with anything.

QUOTE]
I don't mean to pry, but if you're "Future Guy" and "Future Gal", does that mean you've both scheduled s*x change operations?

Upvote 0

Future Guy

Original Poster

I don't mean to pry, but if you're "Future Guy" and "Future Gal", does that mean you've both scheduled s*x change operations?

Sorry to have a "Spock moment" here, but I don't follow you. The person I refer to affectionately as "Future Gal" is my wife. Thanks for the suggestions, everybody!

Upvote 0

travelgip

Just a suggestion - but I always thought that if you get a little picnic basket (wine, cheese, fruit, etc - concierge can direct you to get what you need) and go to the GF boat dock area, there is a bench that looks straight at the MK fireworks. It's away from where everyone else would gather by the QS snack shop. You will also likely see the Electrical Water Pagent (a favorite of mine!). In January, there won't be hardly anyone around there and it is peaceful and romantic. Good Luck!:kiss:

Upvote 0

durangojim

We've done V&A's and it's wonderful, but I think the most romantic thing we've ever done is the private Wishes cruise. My wife surprised me with this for our 5th Anniversary while staying at WL and it was wonderful.

Upvote 0

Future Guy

Original Poster
Just a suggestion - but I always thought that if you get a little picnic basket (wine, cheese, fruit, etc - concierge can direct you to get what you need) and go to the GF boat dock area, there is a bench that looks straight at the MK fireworks. It's away from where everyone else would gather by the QS snack shop. You will also likely see the Electrical Water Pagent (a favorite of mine!). In January, there won't be hardly anyone around there and it is peaceful and romantic. Good Luck!:kiss:

We've done V&A's and it's wonderful, but I think the most romantic thing we've ever done is the private Wishes cruise. My wife surprised me with this for our 5th Anniversary while staying at WL and it was wonderful.

Those are both great ideas, especially the Wishes cruise. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Teamdisney

Something she will remember

You can call 407-WDWPLAY and reserve a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness or if you are going during the Christmas Season it will will be a Sleigh ride. First reservation starts at 5:30 p.m. Once you have secured your carriage or sleigh ride then call WDW florist, have them to have waiting in your carriage a dozen roses presentation stlye, and to let her know that she really is your princess you can have the tiara on the carnation pillow waiting as well. She may want to wear the tiara in the wedding.

Upvote 0

Frank&Ollie

Fantastic and NO cost idea...

If you aren't a dancer, or don't typically dance with your wife it makes it all that much better.

This is a quick romantic idea that you can do any night you are in EPCOT.

Head over to Italy and walk back towards the fountain. You'll notice the raised stage in the middle. If you listen carefully there is slow and romantic music playing.

Take your lady up to the middle of the stage (there is NEVER any one up there) and ask her to a nice slow dance.

What's even better (done it 3 anniversaries in a row) is that if there are other couples there, they will probably start to dance with you!

Upvote 0

dizzney

We always have an adult night out, (will be there also in early january 12/31-1/9) and in addtion to V & A's, and the California Grill, we like Bistro de Paris in Epcot, its quiet usually couples, and afterwards you can get champagne at the stand in France and get a nice bench seat for Illuminations, always works for us

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

This may not be romantic to most people, but my husband and I love to get funnel cakes in Liberty Square and then sit on Main Street for Wishes. It's always the highlight of our vacation.

I've never done this, but I bet a night flight in the hot air balloon at Downtown Disney would be very romantic!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Carriage rides are always a nice touch.

Our favorites for celebrations have always been nice dinners. V&A's is an experience to remember, Cali Grill, Narcoossee's and Artist Point are all nice.
When making ressies, do mention it is for your anniversary (it doesn't matter that the exact date doesn't match) Also remember to state that it is an anniversary trip when making room reservations (and confirm at check-in). Nice little added touches always add to the celebration.

Upvote 0

scottb411

Port Orleans to Dowtown Disney

California Grill and Bistro de Paris are both great suggestions for dinner. I would also add Jiko at AKL and there is a new one at the DVC, but I haven't tried it yet.

My suggestion would be dinner at Fulton's Crab House, then La Nouba, and then dessert at Ghirardelli in Downtown Disney. Stay at the Port Orleans hotel and take the complimentary boat to/from downtown disney, which is about a 15 minute ride each way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom