Need a little heads up

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I have been going to epcot every year straight but haven't visited the living seas since 2002. Should I be afraid and will I be disappointed. I dont want to walk around the park disappointed like I was after I went on spaceship earth or visited the park in 2002 after riding Imagination.

DisneyGator

You haven't been on the Nemo ride?? It is cute...kind of an update of the old Living Seas ride-through...sort of. The story is cute, and I really like how they have part of the ride where the animated characters from the movie can actually be seen inside of the tank, swimming alongside the real live fish....a very clever idea. The Living Seas exhibit overall seems to have lost something over the years though...I still enjoy it but it could use some updating for sure. I did take the scuba diving tour a couple of years ago and actually got to be a part of the attraction, which was an incredible experience. Every time I visit Living Seas now it reminds me of that, so that certainly helps for me. :)

Enjoy your trip...I hope that you aren't disappointed!!

tizzo

The only thing I can think of that has been taken out is the film and the hydrolators. In return we got Nemo, which I personally like. I had nothing against the original stuff, but I guess you could say I'd had my fill of it and was ready for something new.

Turtle Talk is nice too. I'm not sure when it debuted - was it there in in '02? Anyway, I'm not sure what if anything had to go to make way for it.

Anyway, my $0.02 is that just about everything good that used to be there remains, and any additions have been improvements.

Figment632

I have been going to epcot every year straight but haven't visited the living seas since 2002. Should I be afraid and will I be disappointed. I dont want to walk around the park disappointed like I was after I went on spaceship earth or visited the park in 2002 after riding Imagination.

If you are a true Epcot fan you will be very dissapointed because you can't be a true EC fan and accept Nemo being there.

Figment632

I have explained it to you before. Apparently you do not listen and I will not waste my time doing it again.

So don't respond to my posts on the topic. There is no way to explain how riding a clam moblie to find a lost clown fish fits the theme of FW. While it fits the Seas theme it doesn't hold up to the theme of FW.

Master Gracey 5

I felt it was bit of a letdown. Yeah the ride track is the same, you get to see the tanks with the fish, but most of the ride is spent looking for Nemo and the only dialogue is "Nemo! Nemo! Nemo!". The educational component has drifted considerably for this pavillion.

Turtle Talk was entertaining, but better for younger children, so I've only ever done it once. I loved the movie, but would rather they kept the references more subtle.

stlbobby

Nemo is my least favorite Disney movie ever, I just don't like, Ellen or Albert Brooks, yet I like the update. If you are a complete purist, and can't handle any characters in EPCOT then you won't like it, but if you want to see the massive tank, a ton of cool sea-life, some cool interactive animation technology, and an interesting effect where they project animation in the tanks then you will like it.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I am going to try to think my self into nemo has the same purpose as figment and get past that part. I dont like the seagulls and want to break them off one by one. Besides that, the ride and talk with crush what else has turned into a fun house. I happen to be an Epcot purist and do think it is starting to become a headache. I miss the old imagination, I hate how they realistic futuristic sets out of the park. I think we need wonders of life because Health is very important and I feel epcot has lost its value. I dont mind change like some of those diehard 80s epcot fans but keep the community of tomorrow for crying out loud. We need a place walk thru place with science and education while having fun. Kids these days only care about candy for the mind. I dont see how museums Aquariums and science labs can stay in busyness but they have to make Epcot a TV show, the last thing this world needs. I know its money but then I see kids all over the museum of natural History and the local aquarium. As much as I hate hitler there's one thing I agree with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SaeMNbNCo.

Demeter Tess

If you are a true Epcot fan you will be very dissapointed because you can't be a true EC fan and accept Nemo being there.
Interesting. Well, if being a "true EC fan" means grumbling over a clownfish and no longer enjoying an entire pavilion, I'd say I'm proud to be a "fake EC fan," since at least I am enjoying every moment of my time there!

As a Pixar fan, I enjoyed everything about the Nemo additions - from the adorable queue to the effects throughout the ride. As an elementary teacher, I can appreciate how they've tried to pique children's curiosity in oceans and marine life via a recognizable character. I sincerely do not believe the pavilion has lost any of its integrity - It's simply been re-themed.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Interesting. Well, if being a "true EC fan" means grumbling over a clownfish and no longer enjoying an entire pavilion, I'd say I'm proud to be a "fake EC fan," since at least I am enjoying every moment of my time there!

As a Pixar fan, I enjoyed everything about the Nemo additions - from the adorable queue to the effects throughout the ride. As an elementary teacher, I can appreciate how they've tried to pique children's curiosity in oceans and marine life via a recognizable character. I sincerely do not believe the pavilion has lost any of its integrity - It's simply been re-themed.

So it is educational and useful to this planet? If thats the case and it is drawing a future generation to be more considerate for marine life... I like it. As long as they still have a great aquarium and didn't scale down. I dont grumble as much over the changes, I dont like the downgrades, I am an Epcot Center- Epcot 94 fan. I guess there is an advantage growing up with Epcot 94. I say if we are so mad about nemo in the living seas then why do we except Figment and want Dreamfinder to come back so bad.

Susan Savia

The Seas is one of our favorite pavillions. Seeing all that up close is simply amazing. Love the little tanks watching the Seahorses too. The ride is cute. Never done Turtle Talk, always seemed like a kiddy thing and the Hey Dude, too annoying. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Figment632

So it is educational and useful to this planet? If thats the case and it is drawing a future generation to be more considerate for marine life... I like it. As long as they still have a great aquarium and didn't scale down. I dont grumble as much over the changes, I dont like the downgrades, I am an Epcot Center- Epcot 94 fan. I guess there is an advantage growing up with Epcot 94. I say if we are so mad about nemo in the living seas then why do we except Figment and want Dreamfinder to come back so bad.

These are two completly different issues. DF and Figment were original characters that were created for a large scale E-ticket attraction.

The Nemo over haul was done on the cheap, and was the cheap and easy way out. Instead of coming up with something original for EC they slapped in an existing character and did nothing what so ever creative.

Also FW is supposed to be about teaching us about and showing us what the future could be. How does this attraction do this?????

mastif

And if the pavilion closed tomorrow, everyone on here would be saying "ohhh remember how great it was" and we'd see threads like "save the living seas w/nemo" etc etc. WOL being a perfect example. Personally I think that pavilion is a joke and I'm a big Epcot fan (favorite park) I don't think they should ever open it again, and if they do I hope the entire inside is completely gutted. Talk about corny/lame looking.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
These are two completly different issues. DF and Figment were original characters that were created for a large scale E-ticket attraction.

The Nemo over haul was done on the cheap, and was the cheap and easy way out. Instead of coming up with something original for EC they slapped in an existing character and did nothing what so ever creative.

Also FW is supposed to be about teaching us about and showing us what the future could be. How does this attraction do this?????

Good enough... If it is a cheap way out thats all the park has been about that is my main problem with epcot. I say if your not making the attraction better than dont replace it at all. To me they wasted money making all these big changes and having to replace the attractions with something cheap when they could of changed things little by little, not to mention the money they could save by never having to close the whole attraction.

BrerFrog

The only reason why I ride the omnimover is to get to see the water tanks and the animals. The queue is also very well themed. I don't like the Nemo part of the pavillion, though. Overall, I would say it is certainly worth it.

Figment632

The only reason why I ride the omnimover is to get to see the water tanks and the animals. The queue is also very well themed. I don't like the Nemo part of the pavillion, though. Overall, I would say it is certainly worth it.

If this pavi existed the way it does now in DAK I would be fine with it but Nemo doesn't belong in FW. It could be worse because in DL the Finding Nemo Submarine ride is located in TL :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom