Need a little heads up

ABigBrassBand

It really dissapoints how they are taking the actual "EPCOT" factor out of EPCOT. Also, the whole theme of FW. I will always prefer the older EPCOT Center, and don't like the new additions.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Well... I visited The Living Seas, shipped the ride and felt a little better when I saw the aqauarium was still somewhat in tact. The Hydrolaters were missing and I do not like the Nemo entrance but besides that for me it is easy to ignore. I also never cared for any of the pre shows so I dodnt have to suffer with that one. I think the best thing they could ever do is have a imax show using the same hardware as soarin. That would be relaxing, educational, economical and bring in soarin type crowds or larger knowing its under water. I would really enjoy something like that going into underwater caves and going by sea creatures.

muteki

You are just going to have to judge it for yourself, opinion varies wildly about Nemo's place in the location and it's effect on the pavilion as a whole. Set your expectations as low as possible and perhaps you won't be disappointed...:shrug:

Ziffell

Who appointed you as the chairman of who is and who is not a true Epcot fan committee?

They have one of those?!! Cool!! How do I join that committee? :lol: I'd like to nominate Figment632 as chairman because he definitely seems to be someone who gets it!! :sohappy:

Epcot Center had a theme which the park no longer lives up to. Explain how Nemo fits the Epcot Center theme or the theme of FW.

:sohappy:Agree wholeheartedly!

hack2112

And if the pavilion closed tomorrow, everyone on here would be saying "ohhh remember how great it was" and we'd see threads like "save the living seas w/nemo" etc etc. WOL being a perfect example. Personally I think that pavilion is a joke and I'm a big Epcot fan (favorite park) I don't think they should ever open it again, and if they do I hope the entire inside is completely gutted. Talk about corny/lame looking.
I used to LOVE spending time in WoL for one reason: Cranium Command. It is one of my all time favorites, and even though it's very 80's-esque, I believe it still holds up very well in the 21st century. That, to me, is old EPCOT Center. Yes, Horizons was amazing, but who didn't love General Knowledge and Buzzy?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
EPCOT Center on lasted 15 years. As soon as Energy closed - some would say Communicore in late 93 - the cohesive theme of Futureworld began to dissappear.

As for The Seas, it isn`t bad. It has a lot of flaws and was done on the cheap, but it was either this or the real risk of the whole facility closing. There are theme clashes everywhere, but overall the pavilion got a new lease of life which isn`t bad given what was available. You`ll enjoy it once, maybe twice, can spend an hour or two inside, and don`t miss Turtle Talk on the lower level. Very clever and entertaining for all ages.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They have one of those?!! Cool!! How do I join that committee? :lol: I'd like to nominate Figment632 as chairman because he definitely seems to be someone who gets it!! :sohappy:

:sohappy:Agree wholeheartedly!
Seek professional help immediately.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
You are just going to have to judge it for yourself, opinion varies wildly about Nemo's place in the location and it's effect on the pavilion as a whole. Set your expectations as low as possible and perhaps you won't be disappointed...:shrug:

I didnt expect to walk in and see most of the origional pavilion in tact so I was relieved and enjoying myself in the aquarium more than I thought I would.

EPCOT Center on lasted 15 years. As soon as Energy closed - some would say Communicore in late 93 - the cohesive theme of Futureworld began to dissappear.

As for The Seas, it isn`t bad. It has a lot of flaws and was done on the cheap, but it was either this or the real risk of the whole facility closing. There are theme clashes everywhere, but overall the pavilion got a new lease of life which isn`t bad given what was available. You`ll enjoy it once, maybe twice, can spend an hour or two inside, and don`t miss Turtle Talk on the lower level. Very clever and entertaining for all ages.

Turtle talk is unfortunatly doing really good. I wish they would change the entrance a bit back to normal. Not call it the seas with nemo and friends but advertise it where it is obvious that turtle talk is there and maybe make a wet zone with nemo scenery off to the side and out the seagulls and all of that in their instead of dramatically changing the whole appearence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom