News Nearly all rides at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have waits above 2 hours at a very busy Walt Disney World

jpinkc

I’m on the ground here. A factor of it is due to E tickets breaking down. It’s pushing people in low capacity areas to swarm the other attractions. Add to the fact it’s first pass holder day back; last weekend of winter break; and Run Disney. Perfect storm
DOH Beat me to the real reason :banghead:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I’m on the ground here. A factor of it is due to E tickets breaking down. It’s pushing people in low capacity areas to swarm the other attractions. Add to the fact it’s first pass holder day back; last weekend of winter break; and Run Disney. Perfect storm
Me too. I was on Runaway Railway when it stopped briefly. I checked the app and Tower and Rise were both down at the same time.

TheMaxRebo

I am sure the biggest part is rides going down but could part of it be the crowd attracted to Marathon weekend being less families with little kids more "Disney Adults" and so more drawn to DHS then MK, etc?

NelleBelle

Have done marathon weekend 10 years ago when I could run and even though it was busy leading up to the event, it was never this nuts! Kinda glad I don’t do these events anymore!

J Pye

We spent the day in HS today and it was probably the most manic day I’ve ever spent in a Disney park in over 20 years. We were evacuated off RNRC (got to see the ride with lights on which was neat!), however, almost every single ride we have waited for has had a technical issue. My brother has a DAS and a poor understanding of time (he has ASD and learning difficulties) - Tower lost an elevator shaft whilst we were waiting in the lightening lane. Toy Story Mania went down just before we were due to ride which caused more confusion for him. Runaway Railway also only just came back up minutes before our time (it had been down for an hour) leading to a 25 minute lightening lane wait. Essentially, too many rides went down today with major knock on effects. The cast were managing it all admirably!

SamusAranX

We spent the day in HS today and it was probably the most manic day I’ve ever spent in a Disney park in over 20 years. We were evacuated off RNRC (got to see the ride with lights on which was neat!), however, almost every single ride we have waited for has had a technical issue. My brother has a DAS and a poor understanding of time (he has ASD and learning difficulties) - Tower lost an elevator shaft whilst we were waiting in the lightening lane. Toy Story Mania went down just before we were due to ride which caused more confusion for him. Runaway Railway also only just came back up minutes before our time (it had been down for an hour) leading to a 25 minute lightening lane wait. Essentially, too many rides went down today with major knock on effects. The cast were managing it all admirably!
Our ToT “lightning lane” was 35 minutes because of ride issues. It would have been still longer than a few minutes with the lightning lane extending outside the actual queue. It was nuts

J Pye

Our ToT “lightning lane” was 35 minutes because of ride issues. It would have been still longer than a few minutes with the lightning lane extending outside the actual queue. It was nuts
One of the shafts went down just before we entered the library so it wasn’t too much of a delay for us thankfully. The LL for Runaway Railway was truly something to behold though. The cast members were just being mobbed by people.

SamusAranX

One of the shafts went down just before we entered the library so it wasn’t too much of a delay for us thankfully. The LL for Runaway Railway was truly something to behold though. The cast members were just being mobbed by people.
Most likely due to ride closures as well. If you redeem a Genie or ILL and the ride breaks down they often will issue an additional one as “compensation”. This pressures them to move the LL faster and more frequently, ironically increasing the standby even worse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom