Nearest Krispy Kreme to WDW??

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Hi folks :wave:

I've never had Krispy Kreme donuts and after hearing from a friend how good they are I'd love to try them, where is the nearest spot to WDW??

Grumps

There is one at 5310 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. About 10 miles from MK.

They are good when they are fresh. Too sweet for my taste though and not as good as any other donut if not fresh, IMO.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
There is one at 5310 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. About 10 miles from MK.

They are good when they are fresh. Too sweet for my taste though and not as good as any other donut if not fresh, IMO.

Best way there by taxi??

powlessfamily4

Only get one if the "HOT" light is on. Also, I hope you like super sweet glazed donuts because this is what they are. When I moved to Georgia I was told these babies were practically little bites of heaven. I soon learnd it is an aquired taste. I rarely pop in to get one and only if they are hot.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Only get one if the "HOT" light is on. Also, I hope you like super sweet glazed donuts because this is what they are. When I moved to Georgia I was told these babies were practically little bites of heaven. I soon learnd it is an aquired taste. I rarely pop in to get one and only if they are hot.

Oh I love me lots a glaze :sohappy:

Lucky

For anyone who drives from points north to WDW or to the Florida beaches, there's a nice Krispy Kreme just off I-10 in Tallahassee. Exit 199 I think.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Most Northerners will swear by Dunkin' Donuts*... but in the south, Kristy Kreme rules. Kind of like the difference between White Castle and Krystal.

Now coffee enthusiasts may disagree...but who goes to a doughnut shop for coffee only?

But who really cares as long as they are freshly made!

*Of course Orlando may not be considered part of the "South" anymore but it certainly isn't as northern as south Florida!

maxairmike

I do love Krispy Kreme, but have grown fond of Dunkin' since the KK back where I used to live closed shop quite a while ago. Now that I'm close to a KK again...it is so tempting!

PhilharMagician

Hang on for the sugar high!!! Those babies are sweeeeeet.

When fresh they are good. They are a very light yeast doughnut with like a triple glaze, then get the sugary cream filled ones and :dazzle:.

I am not sure Krispy Kreme's are worth a taxi ride. Go to the Main Street Bakery and enjoy some goodness from there instead.

case88

You definitely have to experience a fresh KK doughnut. AMAZING! There is actually an app that tells you when the nearest KK has the "Hot-n-Now" sign up...that means they are coming fresh off of the assembly line. Just search for "Hot Light" in the app store. BTW, you can also go in and watch the doughnuts cooking, being glazed, and boxed right off of the assembly line.

sweetpee_1993

Crush! I grew up on KK! To me, no doughnut tops it. Some are good but they're just not Krispy Kremes. Over here in Texaspeople swear by Shipleys. I call them the s-word-lys. :lol:

Plain glazed when hot & fresh are pure heaven. But, my favorite is the chocolate iced cream filled. Now that is sugar overload! Each one is like a thousand calories!

maxairmike

They stopped doing the whole giving you a free freshly glazed donut when you walk in with the sign on, right? That was what really got me hooked on KK. You walk in, get handed a free one, and then I couldn't leave without bringing a few more with me!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
They still sell Krispy Kreme at the Hess stations on property don't they or did it switch to dunkin donuts? They won't be fresh but they would still give you an idea if you didn't want to take a 10 mile taxi ride. :lol:

BrittanyRose428

Most Northerners will swear by Dunkin' Donuts*... but in the south, Kristy Kreme rules. Kind of like the difference between White Castle and Krystal.

Now coffee enthusiasts may disagree...but who goes to a doughnut shop for coffee only?

*Of course Orlando may not be considered part of the "South" anymore but it certainly isn't as northern as south Florida!
Agreed. They opened one near me, (Boston area) and it did not last for more than a year if that. I didn't mind them but they weren't my favorite. Besides, I live near Kanes donuts (in Saugus), and nothing can compare to those. :lol:

crazgurl

I used to work next door to a kk, honestly, they were only edible when they were hot... That said, they didn't really make it around here, every shop I knew of closed up.

Tim Horton's is where it's at in Canada... I swear they put drugs in the ice caps... :lookaroun

Annielkd

They opened up a Krispie Kreme place (in CT) and they made a HUGE deal out of it. At first people were lining up to go there. It lasted a month before they closed. I think you are right that it's something more for the south.

On another note, I drove by it from Disney world and it wasn't far at all. I'm sure you can just tell the taxi what you want. Also, tell him the exact address... that one was the closest.

John

I am a doughnut afficianado, As everyone said if they are hot.... DD USED to be good when they made them at each piticular store. Now they are mass made and shipped to the surrounding stores. Quality has suffered greatly. Long gone are the local bakeries where they are made daily. Oh how I miss them. The KK near me closed a year or so later also. For me, you might as well tear open one of those little packets of sugar and just dump it in your mouth.

I get my doughnut fix from a local supermarket that makes them every night. They are huge, fresh and....well magical! Anyone who lives in the Baltimore metro area will atest for Shoppers Doughnuts.

sweetpee_1993

I guess KKs are a southern thing. Kinda like sweet tea. Proper sweet tea is almost more sugar than tea. LOL! The thing about the hot glazed KKs isn't so much the glazing, it's how light and melty-in-your-mouth that the are. Soooo good. My husband used to drive about 40 miles 1-way to fetch doughnuts for my shift when I worked nights many years back. What a sweetie!

I think the KKs that opened then closed had something to do with corporate issues. I read an article about it a while back. I think it was something like KK tried to expand too much too fast. Sorta like Starbucks opening a slew of corporate-owned stores all at once. It seems like they said the cost to operate all those stores was unsustainable because they couldn't front the cost for the clientele to build up. KK franchise stores hang in better. KKs in general tend to do better in the south because we like super sweet or super rich foods. We know they're good.

Annielkd

REnt a car instead of a Taxi

I was talking with my husband about this and he said you would probably pay the same amount for a taxi that you would if you rented a car for the day. You can get enterprise right out of the Swan and dolphin... and I'm sure other places as well. That way you could pick up a few things anlong the way. Just a suggestion :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom