NBA Experience at Disney Springs

Next Big Thing

Not sure if this is still happening, but I happened to stumble upon this in a google search and it's still listed on the NBA website... http://www.nba.com/nbacity/

Thank you for visiting NBA City at Universal Orlando CityWalk. Please note that as of Aug. 16, 2015, NBA City is closed.

We'd like to thank our loyal fans for their support and hope you'll continue to follow the NBA on social media for updates on the development of "The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort." The expansive, one-of-a-kind destination at Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., will be more than 80,000 square feet and feature hands-on activities for families and guests of all ages, a restaurant and a retail store.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Not sure if this is still happening, but I happened to stumble upon this in a google search and it's still listed on the NBA website... http://www.nba.com/nbacity/

Thank you for visiting NBA City at Universal Orlando CityWalk. Please note that as of Aug. 16, 2015, NBA City is closed.

We'd like to thank our loyal fans for their support and hope you'll continue to follow the NBA on social media for updates on the development of "The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort." The expansive, one-of-a-kind destination at Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., will be more than 80,000 square feet and feature hands-on activities for families and guests of all ages, a restaurant and a retail store.
That is very interesting! I guess it is coming.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm sure this is just out of date and they didn't remove it....Because Disneyquest is open still and the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Citywalk is doing Soft Openings now...

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Neither party has officially announced that the project has been canceled, but I would have expected to hear about a closing by now if this project was moving ahead smoothly.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hmm...still appears to be not a taphouse.

Because Universal knows how to do it better....
NBC-Sports-Grill-Brew-1170x731.jpg

Kman101

It really looks like it belongs at City Walk and not Disney Springs, but the whole place is just a fairly generic "lifestyle center" now, so why not?

I have a really hard time this is going to last all that long.

Not really 'generic', but OK. But it's still just a mall at the end of the day, so I guess that's probably more what you mean.

I do agree I don't know how long NBA Experience will be around. Who knows, it could be a hit. I think they would have been better doing a bigger ESPN themed experience sports bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom