National Cheerleading and Dance Championship this Weekend

Pixie Duster

Ya well it's heck of a lot of fun trying to get them to take a survey. And ya I know it would be smart to not even ask, but that is not following our policy of surveying guests at random.

Pixie Duster

And if you don't consider cheerleading a sport, or in my situation color guard, then you aparently don't know your vocabulary...

Sport: 1) an ammusing or interesting pastime; diversion. 2) A physical activity, esp. one with a set form and body of rules.

I see no mention of ball or object in their. Running sports don't have balls or such and that is definately a sport. If you do not consider cheerleading, color guard, or dance teams part of sports then you are just plain ignorant.

TURKEY

Re: absolutely not a sport

Originally posted by philsfan2185
kidbiz........a sport has to have a ball, a race or a set of rules inorder for something 2 be called a sport. yes cheerleaders train in order to compete in their COMPETETIONS. i played baseball my whole life(5-18 yrs old).....when i got into high scool, i practiced monday thru saturday and sometimes sunday for 4 hours a day,granted my high school was 1 of the best baseball teams in new jersey. just because cheerleading is on espn or espn2 doesn't mean its a sport. i watch espn all the time and i once saw a firefighting competition, pool, and the great outdoors games and they certainly arent sports. sounds like cheerleading is a pretty expensive sport concidering the lack of clothes they wear, but all that makeup that they cape on their faces has to cost a lot 2. my cousin is a cheerleader and she doesnt think its a sport. she corrects other cheerleaders when they call cheerleading a sport. i have my opinion:sohappy: and you have your:lol:

Baseball is?

It's mostly men standing around scratching themselves.

NashvilleMouse

Re: Re: absolutely not a sport

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Baseball is?

It's mostly men standing around scratching themselves.

In that case, shopping is also a sport because when you go to the mall all you see are men standing around scratching themselves when their wives are in the shops. I, for one, made it to the 'Man-Mall scratching' All-star team three straight years.

Pixie Duster

If you go by any dictionary defination cheerleading or any similiar activity (color guard, dance teams, kick squads) is a sport. It's hard to deny the accuracy of the source that American people turn to in order to know what a word means, or how to say it, or how to spell it.

TURKEY

Re: Re: Re: absolutely not a sport

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
In that case, shopping is also a sport because when you go to the mall all you see are men standing around scratching themselves when their wives are in the shops. I, for one, made it to the 'Man-Mall scratching' All-star team three straight years.

Congrats!!!

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
BTW my intention was not to start a debate on cheerleaders, rather was just to point out a probable jump in attendance for those of us who would usually attend the parks on teh weekend.

BwanaBob

By the way...the whole hairspray thing?

They spray the junk all over their uniforms to keep the ruffles , or whatever, from flappin' all over so they all look in unison.

(I thought for sure this thread was going downhill like the last one not too long ago. --I had to put up my anti-flame device)

JBSLJames

Re: Re: Re: absolutely not a sport

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse

Let's see AIM, I hope I do this right. . . wOOt, congrats on being an All-Star wOOt.

As for cheerleading, they have a similar competition at PKI over Laborday weekend. From College teams to Junior High. Lots of eye candy. It is my guess that anytime you have a big group, you will have varying degrees of rudeness.

I would classify cheerleading as a sport. My wife was a cheerleader and got a varsity letter for cheering just like I did for football.

So, Chris, is there an All-Star game/gathering for the Man-Mall Scratchers?

Re: absolutely not a sport

kidbiz........a sport has to have a ball, a race or a set of rules inorder for something 2 be called a sport. yes cheerleaders train in order to compete in their COMPETETIONS. i played baseball my whole life(5-18 yrs old).....when i got into high scool, i practiced monday thru saturday and sometimes sunday for 4 hours a day,granted my high school was 1 of the best baseball teams in new jersey. just because cheerleading is on espn or espn2 doesn't mean its a sport. i watch espn all the time and i once saw a firefighting competition, pool, and the great outdoors games and they certainly arent sports. sounds like cheerleading is a pretty expensive sport concidering the lack of clothes they wear, but all that makeup that they cape on their faces has to cost a lot 2. my cousin is a cheerleader and she doesnt think its a sport. she corrects other cheerleaders when they call cheerleading a sport. i have my opinion:sohappy: and you have your:lol:

I betcha philsfan2185 must have asked alot of cheerleaders for dates and got turned down everytime. Sounds like he's a little bitter toward cheerleaders. BTW, professional boxing doesn't have balls (so to speak) and I dare you to go up to a boxer and tell him that his sport is not a sport. :D

NashvilleMouse

Re: Re: Re: Re: absolutely not a sport

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Let's see AIM, I hope I do this right. . . wOOt, congrats on being an All-Star wOOt.

As for cheerleading, they have a similar competition at PKI over Laborday weekend. From College teams to Junior High. Lots of eye candy. It is my guess that anytime you have a big group, you will have varying degrees of rudeness.

I would classify cheerleading as a sport. My wife was a cheerleader and got a varsity letter for cheering just like I did for football.

So, Chris, is there an All-Star game/gathering for the Man-Mall Scratchers?

The all-star game is scheduled for 'Labor Day' this year. It will be "lefties" versus "righties". Although I am a "rightie", I have perfected the art of switching over when necessary.

Cheerleading is a sport, and a thankless one at that. Where I am from they will let you 'letter' at bowling and *gasp* gymnastics. :animwink:

Back to the subject, having these competitions at WDW helps Disney a lot. This also creates an experience for the cheerleaders they will never forget. I went to WDW when I was in HS for marching band. Even though we raised hell throughout Epcot, it was (by far) the best experience I had in high school.

philsfan2185

every1 who is saying that cheerleading is a sport, except for jbsljames, arent athletes. Color guard:lol: marching band:lol: dance teams:lol:............what kind of rules do they have for those activities. what, u cant raise the flag 2 high in color guard, or you cant lift your legs 2 high when u march in marching band, or wait, you cant move 2 fast for the music when u dance.......please people.....play a real sport. and as for the person who said all baseball players do is scratch themselves prolly doesnt even know how to hold a fastball. experts say that the hardest thing to do in sports is hitting a major league fastball. buzz lighteyear about me gettin turned down by cheerleaders.........i would never date a cheerleader becuz most of them r like 5 foot nuthin n im 6'5 so it wouldnt look right plus they never shut up and talk constantly.....sum of them r hot but not my type.

NashvilleMouse

they never shut up and talk constantly.....

Are you sure they're not your type? :lookaroun

If you COMPETE, it is a sport. Cheerleading competitions are judged based on many factors. Doesn't sound like you are a true athlete to judge other sports because it may not be as sophisticated as yours. Tell me, what sport do you play that you are comparing against cheerleading? Figure skating?

JBSLJames

.........i would never date a cheerleader becuz most of them r like 5 foot nuthin n im 6'5 so it wouldnt look right plus they never shut up and talk constantly.....sum of them r hot but not my type.

I am glad you said most. My wife was a Cheerleader and she is 5'7". She is quite talkative when we are discussing our kids or how she hates talk radio. Some are hot (wife is), notice my reference to 'eye-candy'.

Now, guy cheerleaders, that is a different story. I am still mad at a couple of highschool friends that cheered instead of playing football. We could have used their athletic ability on the field.

I aggree with your comment on how hard it is to hit a fastball. When I go to the cages, I have a difficult time putting solid aluminum on the 70 mph pitches let alone a 90+ fastball.

SmithGett

Account Suspended
this thread shouldnt be used to fight about cheerleading

i was just wondering why everyone thinks this weekend will be so bad. im leaving friday and will be staying at the boardwalk (my fave hotel) and am wondering why everyone hates it when these girls are here.

ps. these girls are collegiate age, not high school, so i imagine they act a LITTLE better.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Pot........Kettle........

Yeah, hot girl, athletic,.....not your type....:brick:

More like, you're not their type.

:lol: :lol:
Good one. I married a color guard. I think she views that more of entertainment than a sport, but I gaurantee you cannot do what she did in color gaurd. As I can promise that she cannot hit a baseball with a baseball bat at any speed... unless she was taking steroids like some baseball athletes... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom