National Best Friends Day and to honor it Disneyland resort announced summer ticket sale at 40%

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
http://ktla.com/2018/06/08/disneyla...f-up-to-40-to-annual-passholders-this-summer/

Disney has announced that annualpasholders will be able to buy 40% discounted tickets for friendss for this summer.

They also announced that they will unblock some blocked days as follows

"However, along with the discounted ticket option, Disney announced it will unblock the following select dates in June for certain passports."

• SoCal Select: June 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19 and 20
  • SoCal: June 15, 16, 20, 21 and 22
  • Deluxe: June 16

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
I think they are just trying to play nice after they announced the annual pass changes and the fact that they are opening Pixar Pier to late after so many passes are blocked.

or you are probably correct and The promotion is not big enough to attract more than the usual tourist that already had plans to come

Curious Constance

Things are not going well.

gr.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well now then doesn't this fit right in nicely with the discussion on APs and their effects on the parks. :cool:

So this indicates that APs numbers are right in line with what Disney wants. Which is the ability to fill in days where attendance might be soft.

And for those that said Disney will never change blockout dates once they are published. Here is proof they can and will as needed to meet their daily attendance goals. Disney can giveth and can taketh away.

mickEblu

And for those that said Disney will never change blockout dates once they are published. Here is proof they can and will as needed to meet their daily attendance goals. Disney can giveth and can taketh away.

Lol stop. Giving days and taking away are two very different things. Right now I’m sure there is an angry mob at City Hall demanding that those days be re-blocked. 🙄

fctiger

Pixar Pier isn't going well, obviously, because it is very bad.

Pixar Fest, as I predicted, is drawing zero visitors. No one cares. Attendance is soft and projected to stay that way, which is why the AP and cast blockouts have been lifted.

Which tells you A. Why APs are highly valued and B. That the crowds can still soften even after people say its to the contrary.

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
Pixar Pier isn't going well, obviously, because it is very bad.

Pixar Fest, as I predicted, is drawing zero visitors. No one cares. Attendance is soft and projected to stay that way, which is why the AP and cast blockouts have been lifted.

I doubt this has to do with Pixar fest issues only of its true that it’s not drawing in crowds.
If this had to do with just the Pixar fest effect then Disney would not have done the same for Florida.

It was also announced that annual pass holder blackouts for June have been lifted for WDW

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol stop. Giving days and taking away are two very different things. Right now I’m sure there is an angry mob at City Hall demanding that those days be re-blocked. 🙄
HA, how’d I know you would be the one to respond. The point is that Disney can make changes to blockout dates after they’ve been published. Meaning there is no such thing as a guaranteed number of days in any AP level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom