Original Poster
B64020C9D20041DF9F07FD8E95A802E9.jpeg

Auto Club 400, Fontana

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Denny Hamlin

artvandelay

Great race.

Joey Logano now has another driver ed at him. Martin Treux, Jr. was not happy after Logano got him loose and he hit the wall.

Kasey Kahne is in big trouble. His performance has been poor and his contract is up at the end of the season. It hasn't clicked for him at HMS for some reason. Yesterday, he took Danica out, but not on purpose.

wdwfan4ver

Kasey Kahne is in big trouble. His performance has been poor and his contract is up at the end of the season. It hasn't clicked for him at HMS for some reason. Yesterday, he took Danica out, but not on purpose.
According Jayski, Kasey's contract is up in 2018 not 2016. That doesn't meant Hendrick wouldn't let him go before than.

Right now, there is a rumor about Kimi Raikkonen going to Stewart-Haas in NASCAR. If that happens Danica or Kevin will be leaving Stewart-Haas. Kevin's contract is up after this season. How Kimi Raikkonen plays out actually affects Kasey Kahne. If Stewart-Haas decides to replace Kevin with Kimi, I see Kevin going to Hendrick and replace Kasey.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Earlier this week Danica Patrick was fine $20,000 and put on probation by NASCAR for 4 weeks. That is for Danica getting out of the car and walking towards the racing surface after he crash.

Kyle Busch also was fined $10,000 and 4 weeks of probation in the Xfinity series for fail to meet post race obligations after the Xfinity race.

Clamman73

Earlier this week Danica Patrick was fine $20,000 and put on probation by NASCAR for 4 weeks. That is for Danica getting out of the car and walking towards the racing surface after he crash.

Kyle Busch also was fined $10,000 and 4 weeks of probation in the Xfinity series for fail to meet post race obligations after the Xfinity race.
She should have thrown her shoe at Kasey. :cautious:

patch553

According Jayski, Kasey's contract is up in 2018 not 2016. That doesn't meant Hendrick wouldn't let him go before than.

Right now, there is a rumor about Kimi Raikkonen going to Stewart-Haas in NASCAR. If that happens Danica or Kevin will be leaving Stewart-Haas. Kevin's contract is up after this season. How Kimi Raikkonen plays out actually affects Kasey Kahne. If Stewart-Haas decides to replace Kevin with Kimi, I see Kevin going to Hendrick and replace Kasey.
I too could see Harvick leaving stewart haas for hendrick with kasey losing his ride but cant see kimi getting his ride! when he had the KBM rides a few years ago he was a fish outta water! personally id like to see Kasey turn things around at hendrick and see what Harvick does in a Ford

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR driver Derek White was one around 60 people arrested in a smuggling ring in Canada. Derek actually was one of the top ranking members of the smuggling.The smuggling ring was involved in Tobacco and Illegal drugs. How Ring Derek was in worked was they shipped Tobacco from the United States to Canada Illegally and what ever profit they used for buying drugs such as cocaine from Europe.

There has been an investigation over the ring since August of 2014. A lot of stuff was seized including 3 million dollars in United States, 1.5 Million dollars in Canadian Money, over 100,000 pounds of tobacco, 1,800 pounds of cocaine, over 40 pounds of meth, and 35 pounds of pot. The investigation according to the ESPN article mentioned that 158 illegal shipment of 2,294 tons of tobacco turned up from August of 2014 to March of this year.

Here is where I got the information from: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...white-targeted-in-tobacco-smuggling-operation
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/xf...ite-targeted-part-tobacco-smuggling-operation

I think it is quite obvious where Derek White got the funding for racing career . Derek White raced in the truck series, xfinity series, 1 race in the cup series, and raced in lower series in Canada. I am bit shocked that NASCAR didn't suspend Derek White yet. The fact is he was involved in illegal stuff including drugs. and that is enough for getting a person suspended from a racing series. T

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

What Derek White did isn't new in racing, but it has been a long time since a NASCAR has been involved in Smuggling or drug dealing. I think the last driver during an active career that was involved selling illegal stuff was Gary Balough. Gary was a promising driver that made the wrong choice of doing drugs and being involved in drug trafficking.

There was race teams back in the 1970's and 1980's that was funded by drug money, but the catch is those teams were in forms of racing such as sports cars and Indycar racing.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has announced that Derek White has been indefinitely suspended. That also means Derek no longer can be a co owner of a race team. NASCAR said they suspended him for not letting NASCAR know before the next event he was scheduled for or within 72 hours after the arrest depending on what comes first. Derek's passport has been revoked and is confined to Quebec.

I read today that Derek White was under police surveillance since 2006 and was ID'd but never charged in a marijuana smuggling investigation in 2008. This basically means this driver has been in trouble even before racing his first stock car race in 2009 in Canada and in the United States. To top off, this person didn't learned his lesson about smuggling since he got arrested for Smuggling Tobacco, and the Smuggling ring he was in had illegal drugs including over 1,800 pounds of cocaine.

At least this should last time his name would be mentioned in any form of racing since I don't think any race organization would want a person with history of smuggling and has connections to biker gangs and organized crime besides the fact he's already 45 years old at the time of the arrest.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR fined Tony Stewart $35,000 dollars for his Lug Nut Rule comments. What happened was Tony was asked NASCAR current Lug Nut Rules and he said NASCAR is creating a safety issue with the Lug Nut Rule.

The current lug nut rule is race teams can tighten as many lug nuts as they want and that means teams are allowed to send their drivers back on to the track with 1 out 5 lug nuts tightened on each wheel without getting penalized by NASCAR.

Before 2015, NASCAR forced teams to tighten all 5 lug nuts on each wheel or the car would be forced to go back to pit road for tightening the loose lug nut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom